Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Had some fella in the seat behind actually grab my mate and try to force him to sit down when he dared to leap up when we were through on goal !
People like him were the reason for a shit atmosphere !
Had the same thing happen to us in the City 2019 semi, unfortunately a lot of tourists in our end who aren't really arsed whether we win or lose. Something has to change re the guest ticketing malarkey or it will always be like this.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The great thing about a trip to Wembley is it reminds you that getting to/from the Amex actually isn’t that bad after all!!
The great thing about going to most grounds reminds you, however those that continue to moan about the Amex rarely venture to those grounds apart from glory games like yesterday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm only going by what I heard on the TV. On streams of our other games I always hear the full works come over, but not for this game.
Glad to hear you heard much more at the ground.
That purely depends where the broadcasting company place their microphones.
On the corner near our section, a female was interviewing two black men before the game, at half time, and after. The microphones aren’t going to be placed near them, for obvious reasons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had the same thing happen to us in the City 2019 semi, unfortunately a lot of tourists in our end who aren't really arsed whether we win or lose. Something has to change re the guest ticketing malarkey or it will always be like this.
What would you change ? No guest tickets and take a significantly reduced allocation ? It’s just an extension of the Amex - loads go there who don’t really care whether we win or lose - if they did, they wouldn’t be pissing off after 80 mins when scores are level.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How are you so sure it was a tourist? It could be a season ticket holder from East Upper, for example.
It takes all sorts to make up a football crowd, and you will always get anomalies.
We sold 38000 tickets, which is just 7000 more than our capacity. You’re always going to get non regulars, but I bet they were friends and family, rather than tourists.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You do realise that there are plenty on here from West stand that make plenty of noise ... but yeah ... have your little dig!
Indeed and many in the WSU were North Stand at the Goldstone.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What would you change ? No guest tickets and take a significantly reduced allocation ? It’s just an extension of the Amex - loads go there who don’t really care whether we win or lose - if they did, they wouldn’t be pissing off after 80 mins when scores are level.
This. I find it hard to believe that the way that ticketing was organised resulted in any fully emotionally invested fan not being able to get a ticket yesterday.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The guest ticketing benefitted me and our group as we were able to take a few mates along who now live abroad, but imo they should restructure the ticket buying procedure, scrap guests and make all ticket purchases in everyone's individual name. Then rank priority on purchase history - seems much fairer to me and would avoid 'guests' just piggybacking for a day out at Wembley without attending many/if any other games.

Last edited:

Holoflux

Dec 27, 2021
Did you clip any of their ears at Baker street? Tube only went that far the thick northern tw@ts thought it was going to Euston and I could see a bit of pushing and so dont think there was enough space to get an arm and fist flying. Complete scum manure deliberately singing in the ears of OAPs and kids at Baker St. I hope we thrash those cvnts at the Amex and City win the cup.
So your solution is to start a fight in front of those same OAPs and kids? You really need to take a long hard look at yoursel.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
How do the4se people manage to get to away games and yet they couldn't get a ticket for yesterday? Genuine question.
Know of several more who fit this category. The obvious answer is it was Albion + membership only. Many away games now go to purchase history.
As previous poster said.. invite guests..get guests.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The guest ticketing benefitted me and our group as we were able to take a few mates along who now live abroad, but imo they should restructure the ticket buying procedure, scrap guests and make ticket purchases in everyone's individual name. Then rank priority on purchase history - seems much fairer to me and would avoid 'guests' just piggybacking for a day out at Wembley.
If we scrap guests we would take a much lower allocation - purchase history wouldn’t generate anywhere near the same numbers imo.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yesterday made me think how much I love the Amex and that Wembley isn’t that special.
It’s pony, sure, we have an affinity with the Amex as it’s our home, but Wembley is just a huge mass of sterile nothingness. It doesn’t feel remotely special going in there. You compare it to most Away days where you get that buzz when walking up to the ground, Wembley gives me nothing.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Well it was fine where I was ….great time (apart from not winning)…..can’t quite understand anyone who said they didn’t stay and clap the players because of the music …if uve got to go to catch a train ok….but don’t be such a Pussy and blame the music
Yep, I stayed and ignored the music. I couldn't just leave seeing Solly distraught like that ... so stayed and clapped until they started to leave the pitch.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If we scrap guests we would take a much lower allocation - purchase history wouldn’t generate anywhere near the same numbers imo.
We could have a guest window after purchase history if required, but by ranking purchase history ahead of guests we would at least get more fans in the stadium who attend matches - as others have mentioned I know people who attend home and away matches ad-hoc who were unable to get a ticket yesterday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We could have a guest window after purchase history if required, but by ranking purchase history ahead of guests we would at least get more fans in the stadium who attend matches - as others have mentioned I know people who attend home and away matches ad-hoc who were unable to get a ticket yesterday.
Completely agree re purchase history - should have been a window after A+, but whatever order we use for 37/38,000 is going to result in a lot of tourists and occasionals, with the hard-core support spread out over the whole allocation. Wouldn’t have any impact on the atmosphere.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Everyone sat down in the upper tier. What's all that about?
80% (at least) of the AMEX sits down. Transport all of those people to Wembley and you have to ask "what's all that about" when 80% of those people sit down?

In the block we were in (lower tier) were all priority 1 season ticket holders, as it sold out straight away. Everyone sat for the majority of the game.

It gives the lie to eveyone repeatedly telling us that "everyone" wants to stand at away games. We just have to because those in rows in front of us stand.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
80% (at least) of the AMEX sits down. Transport all of those people to Wembley and you have to ask "what's it all about" when 80% of thos people sit down?

In the block we were in (lower tier) were all priority 1 season ticket holders, as it sold out straight away. Everyone sat for the majority of the game.

It gives the lie to eveyone repeatedly telling us that "everyone" wants to stand at away games. We just have to because those in rows in front of us stand.
Yep…..I don’t understand the surprise either. I chose to go behind the goal as it was obvious that’s where the standing would be……..other than that I’d expect most of the blocks to be all-seated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here