Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It sounded loud from where I was, lower tier 125.

Bars are always closed straight after the game, which is another reason why the Amex is unique.

Which level were you on? I had to walk through a security gate similar to an airport scanner, which is far more secure than a wand. It did ping because I am wearing a wrist splint with steel in it, but it’s fairly obvious by sight. My other half did get patted down, when he pinged the scanner.
I also had my bag searched.
I think there was an airport type scanner. Not sure if it was switched on. Certainly no-one appeared to be watching it. I was asked halfheartedly by a steward if I had anything in my pockets which were full of keys, phone etc and they just let me wander through. All that metal didn’t set anything off.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The tannoy played Sussex by the Sea before kick off, which was sung by the majority of Brighton fans. I also heard a fast version of it during the game.
Player chants heard, Withdean to Wembley, Caicedo, Roberto de Zerbi, Solly March. All coming from behind the goal.
Block 125.
Heard up where we were too from the lower tier and lots joining in. Atmosphere was pretty much as good as it gets for Wembley yesterday from our fans. Some folk on here just love having a pop at our fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was in 135 and thought the atmosphere was good. It tailed of at times as it was all a bit nervy but overall I thought we did a good job.
This. I think some people are just wanting a good moan. It’s not even a good moan.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think there was an airport type scanner. Not sure if it was switched on. Certainly no-one appeared to be watching it. I was asked halfheartedly by a steward if I had anything in my pockets which were full of keys, phone etc and they just let me wander through. All that metal didn’t set anything off.
The ping was soft but the light showed. I was prepared to explain my wrist splint but it was noted.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
To be 100% clear. If we get a drum I will call the police.
Ah, glad to hear it!

I never understand why a drum is lauded. The arsenal southampton game for example, almost quiet when arse were losing 3-1 and yet the drum beat on incessantly. Arsenal score a goal and guess what, great atmosphere and no need for a drum at all. Ever.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought it was ok but our songs are just rubbish when sung by more than a few hundred people. Break neck speed and our singing section stop after one round of each song.

We need a drum or better songs.

For balance. I don’t think I’ve ever heard an Albion crowd as loud as the moment before Sabitzer took his penalty. THAT was an atmosphere.
If we get a drum that’s me finished.

Agree about the speed of the singing - especially GOSBTS

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Going against the grain here, I thought we were great. Led by middle/lower rows in the lower tier.

MrsW watching on TV, said we much, much louder than Manure.
I thought the “Albion” chants were loud (block 233), but everything else was a bit muted.

The one time GOSBTS got going, as usual it was too fast…..

I thought Utd were pathetic, but we can do a lot better…..

Last edited:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
There is something about the size and acoustics at Wembley that make singing difficult. It was the same at the last semi-final against Man City. Different songs break out in various parts of the stadium and it's really difficult to join in as everyone seems to be singing different songs and at different tempos. You need to chant very basic repetitive songs which is why 'Albion, Albion' worked quite well.

I hardly heard any songs from the Man Untd fans so I think its just a Wembley thing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My first time at Wembley (block 133). Looked fantastic when I walked out but frequent splits between sections kill atmosphere imo.

Plus transporting all the Amex West and East fans into Wembley is unlikely to make for chants galore.
On TV I heard Albion fans more than Man U. Limited to ALBION or SEAGULLs though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The tannoy played Sussex by the Sea before kick off, which was sung by the majority of Brighton fans. I also heard a fast version of it during the game.
Player chants heard, Withdean to Wembley, Caicedo, Roberto de Zerbi, Solly March. All coming from behind the goal.
Block 125.
I'm only going by what I heard on the TV. On streams of our other games I always hear the full works come over, but not for this game.
Glad to hear you heard much more at the ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was in 135 and thought the atmosphere was good. It tailed of at times as it was all a bit nervy but overall I thought we did a good job.
Me too….it was pretty good there, never quiet for long. Did sense it was only our block at certain points - whilst loud within the block can understand that being lost in most of the rest of the soulless tourist bowl that Wembley is.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I hate Wembley. It’s an all round awful experience win or lose.

It’s terrible to get to.
They blast you with PA music trying to manufacture an experience.
The food is crap and the queues and service make the Amex look like express lanes.
The music is shite - Cyndi f***ing Lauper belting out girls just wanna have fun at half time is not what I want to hear.
The toilets are terrible.
The choice of announcements after the game awful - “a bar that is not on your level is open for another hour. Enjoy.”
Turning the whole stadium into the colours of the winning team and belting out their song on the speakers in both halves of the stadium does nothing to dampen emotions.

And, an FA Cup semi on a Sunday at 4.30pm is disgraceful. The number of pissed up people mixing with kids who need to get home with school in the morning. Dear FA, try thinking about the fans for just a second.

And I pity teams from the North who have to travel all the way to that hole of a place.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
My first time at Wembley (block 133). Looked fantastic when I walked out but frequent splits between sections kill atmosphere imo.

Plus transporting all the Amex West and East fans into Wembley is unlikely to make for chants galore.
You do realise that there are plenty on here from West stand that make plenty of noise ... but yeah ... have your little dig!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Yeah there were a few ppl staggering around even before KO. Went to pub nr Baker St pre-match. Table pre-booked food perfectly adequote Sunday roast, had to arrive early but got seated was reasonable atmosphere, pub full of Albion, everyone having a good laugh at Spuds game on TV and a few songs. Old Bill popped heads in few times and plenty security, in many ways did a better job than Wembley. Pub was packed to point many were outside and in bus shelter outside and building doorways across rd sheltering from rain, others stood with watered down (rainfall) pints. I have to say the one old pink Albion shirt stood out. Guy looked outta place. Pub wasn't dedicated Albion, but was taken over by Albion. Blue everywhere.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Going against the grain here, I thought we were great. Led by middle/lower rows in the lower tier.

MrsW watching on TV, said we much, much louder than Manure.
Much much louder than Utd - makes me think I was at a different game!!

I did hesitate coming on here this morning as I knew there was going to be the usual whinging about there being no atmosphere blah blah blah.

Holoflux

Dec 27, 2021
Is that a thing? A bunch of us were giving a Utd fan in the middle tier behind the goal a load of grief after the final whistle, thinking he was in the Brighton section.

Oops
Were you one the numptys shouting “push him off the edge”?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here