Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Atmosphere was shite. A few people joining in near us, but not enough.

Too many daytrippers. Ultimately its an indication of our place in the pecking order, we're better when it's the core couple of thousand away fans.
did you notice how long the "hospitality" seats took to fill up after half time and at the start of ET ..? clearly there were many "customers" there that were not that arsed about the match.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Did you clip any of their ears at Baker street? Tube only went that far the thick northern tw@ts thought it was going to Euston and I could see a bit of pushing and so dont think there was enough space to get an arm and fist flying. Complete scum manure deliberately singing in the ears of OAPs and kids at Baker St. I hope we thrash those cvnts at the Amex and City win the cup.
I got punched by one of a group of scummy Man U fans on the way back to the coach park. Hope we batter them on the pitch at the Amex.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can anyone explain why they choose to play generic pop music as loud as possible right up until kick off? It makes it much harder to build up any sort of pre-match atmosphere.
If you think that’s bad, wait until everyone adopts the Qatar approach of wall to wall ‘entertainment’ literally until the second the whistle blows. Flames, fireworks, light shows, countdown to kick-off. It’ll happen. Lots of people get paid a lot of money to create a sense of occasion, killing the sense of occasion that already existed for people who love and understand football.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Maybe don't get a ticket in the SAFE STANDING section then, the guy next to me kept sitting down, he was only about 45
I did go but judging by the comments on the poor atmosphere in the safe standing section wondered if some of the attendees chose their seats on price point rather than the expectation or even awareness that it’s meant to generate atmosphere, and if you can’t, maybe sit somewhere else?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Realised about half hour before the game I hadn’t bought a programme as a souvenir, so went back inside from seat and asked a steward where I could purchase one.

“What’s a programme?” came his response.

Now, I know I don’t need to explain what a programme is to anyone here, but when suddenly confronted with the prospect of having to explain what a programme is to someone when you wouldn’t expect to at a location where you wouldn’t expect to it’s incredibly challenging!
Had to ask a Tesco express employee if they had napkins yesterday when English wasn’t their first language.

It was for a birthday cake and my gesture could have been mistaken for cupping a pair of balls

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oh, and 4 hours coach journey there, £7.99 a pint and a lack of food in the stadium.
What was with the food being split into so many separate areas? Ridiculous system. Pies only available if you queued for half an hour with everyone buying beer, with an empty counter nearby selling nothing but sausage rolls.

Security a joke. Got the impression stewards were meant to check tickets before you got up to stadium level. Saw some doing it but far more looking too bewildered to ask. No checks at all going in - not even the wand. I find all that stuff as irritating as anyone but it’s asking for trouble. Terrorism dream.

Universally, the stewards and staff seemed bored and useless. Police notable by their absence afterwards when it was kicking off on the way home. Entitled mouthy Mancs crowing about gloriously scraping through on penalties against a team that cost the sort of money United lose down the back of the sofa. All the usual homophobic stuff and throwing punches.

The soulless bowl is more of a national disgrace than a national stadium.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
What was with the food being split into so many separate areas? Ridiculous system. Pies only available if you queued for half an hour with everyone buying beer, with an empty counter nearby selling nothing but sausage rolls.

Security a joke. Got the impression stewards were meant to check tickets before you got up to stadium level. Saw some doing it but far more looking too bewildered to ask. No checks at all going in - not even the wand. I find all that stuff as irritating as anyone but it’s asking for trouble. Terrorism dream.

Universally, the stewards and staff seemed bored and useless. Police notable by their absence afterwards when it was kicking off on the way home. Entitled mouthy Mancs crowing about gloriously scraping through on penalties against a team that cost the sort of money United lose down the back of the sofa. All the usual homophobic stuff and throwing punches.

There was a stall in the middle level just selling nachos. Didn’t see a single customer go there

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Thought it was ok but our songs are just rubbish when sung by more than a few hundred people. Break neck speed and our singing section stop after one round of each song.

We need a drum or better songs.

For balance. I don’t think I’ve ever heard an Albion crowd as loud as the moment before Sabitzer took his penalty. THAT was an atmosphere.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thought it was ok but our songs are just rubbish when sung by more than a few hundred people. Break neck speed and our singing section stop after one round of each song.

For balance. I don’t think I’ve ever heard an Albion crowd as loud as the moment before Sabitzer took his penalty. THAT was an atmosphere.
You lost me at drum.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I don’t think you’re ever going to get 36000 people singing most of our songs. The majority that go to games at the Amex don’t know the words (and can’t hear them), let alone 8000 day-trippers. A few thousand singers in a smaller ground sounds like a better atmosphere but there wasn’t really much wrong with yesterday. Compare the scenes as the teams came out. Until their flurry at the end of the first half, I’d forgotten there were even any United fans in the ground. At times, when the songs are obvious or it’s just a roar, we were very loud.

Trust me, the whole thing was 10x better than the atmosphere at England’s games - even the France one - at the last World Cup. Sad but true. It’s modern football.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This. I watched BBC1's coverage.

Albion were easily the more vocal of the 2 sets of fans - probably even a 3 chants to 1 ratio.

Make no mistake, 'Albion...Albion...' was ringing out clearly over the airwaves.

Losing on penalties to a distinctly average United side is bad enough without the need for us to beat ourselves up here.
But only, ' Albion... Albion'.

I didn't hear GOSBTS once, or any players chants either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
United fans I've just been chatting to thought we were loud. Especially during the penalties.
It sounded loud from where I was, lower tier 125.

Bars are always closed straight after the game, which is another reason why the Amex is unique.

Which level were you on? I had to walk through a security gate similar to an airport scanner, which is far more secure than a wand. It did ping because I am wearing a wrist splint with steel in it, but it’s fairly obvious by sight. My other half did get patted down, when he pinged the scanner.
I also had my bag searched.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But only, ' Albion... Albion'.

I didn't hear GOSBTS once, or any players chants either.
The tannoy played Sussex by the Sea before kick off, which was sung by the majority of Brighton fans. I also heard a fast version of it during the game.
Player chants heard, Withdean to Wembley, Caicedo, Roberto de Zerbi, Solly March. All coming from behind the goal.
Block 125.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here