Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tennessee brings back the electric chair

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Thought that'd come up early on, I'm talking about 100% proven cases using CCTV or DNA - Lee rigby's killers 100% proof

Lee Rigby's murderers are the exact type of people that should not be given the death sentence. Their stated aim was to become martyrs. By killing them, we would be giving them exactly what they want.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you have 100% faith in our justice system?
No.
With the death penalty you have to be right every time, no errors at all, ever
I'm against the death penalty for that very reason. I was just responding to a couple of points I didn't agree with, that's all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry it was very late, I did not check the content:ffsparr:
It's alright, it was confusing. I was disagreeing with people that are anti death penalty, even though I'm anti it too. But not because killing is bad.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
All I know about the death penalty is that if Ian Huntley had carried out the same crime to my little girl and was 100% proved guilty and the choice is life with all the ridiculous rights that go with it or watching him fry, then I would more than happily throw the switch.
He must sit in the chair for 1 hour thinking about what he has done, what is now going to happen to him and possibly where he is going to end up.
The wet sponge is an optional extra.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I know who you meant, I was questioning your frivolous description of them as ' boys '

I was trying to avoid having to write my second post as it was far more blunt and this is a football forum, thought people would understand what I meant by 'boys' in the context of a discussion about terrorists. I do not class them as 'men' personally!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
All I know about the death penalty is that if Ian Huntley had carried out the same crime to my little girl and was 100% proved guilty and the choice is life with all the ridiculous rights that go with it or watching him fry, then I would more than happily throw the switch.
He must sit in the chair for 1 hour thinking about what he has done, what is now going to happen to him and possibly where he is going to end up.

And child killers who were found guilty but then acquitted later, what is 100% guilty, confessions have been false, tests have been wrong and altered.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

You'd stop short of Scaphism then.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No way, you're forgetting that everything has been severed - all the blood is pouring out of your head and probably a load of brain fluid. I'd imagine the trauma of being cut off from the rest of the nervous system would send you into instant shock and switch off the brain anyway.

I would certainly disagree with you that death it is instant.

Christopher Reeve was internally decapitated when he had his accident with his skull separating from his spinal column. The only difference from total decapitation is that there is still blood flow to the brain.

So the question is how long can your brain survive without being oxygenated?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Count me as one in favour of the death penalty for the worst kinds of murder. However, the burden of proof has to be higher than for a prison sentence - although if an injustice should occur that is a different argument and the fault of the court system, not the sentence. It is equally unjust to lock someone away for 25 years if he did not do the crime

The U S A has a problem with lethal injections at the moment. I would favour hanging rather than the chair

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
And child killers who were found guilty but then acquitted later, what is 100% guilty, confessions have been false, tests have been wrong and altered.

This of course may happen but it is rare these days with DNA etc. The murderer must be guilty just like Huntley, enough time spent in prison for appeals and cast iron proof. Then if there is no doubt, throw the switch.
If my scenario happened to you, would you do the same as me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here