Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tennessee brings back the electric chair

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So the corrupt cops would be hung 30 years after the innocent men were hung they lied about? How does that help the dead innocent men?

Revenge is better then justice.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
i've always thought the guillotine was a pretty humane way to do the deed. it's probably just like the final scene in the sopranos....

Yeah over before you even knew it begun! Blackout

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think this is very much a backward step, surely America's executions should be a microcosm of their current developments, bring back the gas chamber, but use, cheap and easily accessible Shale Gas ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
i've always thought the guillotine was a pretty humane way to do the deed. it's probably just like the final scene in the sopranos....

You would be aware that your head was no longer attached to your body for at least a couple of seconds before you went, not sure I'd enjoy it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You would be aware that your head was no longer attached to your body for at least a couple of seconds before you went, not sure I'd enjoy it.

How do you know that? Is there any evidence that someone shouted **** me that hurt! Just after?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'd bring it back but its very hard to police it. Who deserves the death penalty? Is that person 100% without a doubt guilty of the crime?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's Tennessee. If it went to referendum, drawing-and-quartering would win every time.

Proud citizen of Maine, where the death penalty was abolished in 1887. Since then, of course crime has run rampant here...

No, wait a minute, it hasn't.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

More than a couple of seconds though, you only die when your brain runs out of oxygen. You are probably aware of what has happened for a minute or two.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd bring it back but its very hard to police it. Who deserves the death penalty? Is that person 100% without a doubt guilty of the crime?

And therein lies the dilemma. Better to sentence to life in prison rather than kill.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
No but plenty of evidence of eye movements and jaw contractions up to minutes after severing.

To elaborate, you'd lose consciousness very quickly due to a substantial, rapid fall in blood pressure but you would have some form of conscious awareness for 1-2 seconds after the event. Unpleasant.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
More than a couple of seconds though, you only die when your brain runs out of oxygen. You are probably aware of what has happened for a minute or two.

You'd lose consciousness long before your brain actually died though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here