Teams that you have a soft spot for and why?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Norwich - very strong family connections in Norfolk
Fulham - my local side in London and BZ plays for them
Swansea - play football as it should be played
Arsenal - went to Highbury a few times and the whole set up was class
Bristol Rovers - don't know why, but probably because their fans are friendly (as a whole), they've gone through a lot of what we have and we got two of our best players of the early 2000s from them.[/

I have heard about these?!

Granddad's family were tenant farmers in Burnham Overy (neighbouring village to Nelson's birthplace of Burnham Thorpe), and some of Mum's family came from near the Norfolk-Suffolk border. However, I can confirm that all had the correct number of digits on both hands and feet. As have all the current generation.

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Torquay United. My local league side since moving here 16 years ago.A friendly family club and my 10 year old son plays for their development side. He also looks great in his new Brighton kit he had for his birthday...he stands out amongst the Man U and Chelsea fans down here in Devon...I'm pretty proud of him really!

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Kilmarnock - family link

(to a lesser extent) Bournemouth and Brighton - south coast clubs
Eastleigh - a local non league team

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
newport county

from playing "the double" on the old commodore 64

we were half decent on that,based on the 85-86 season,i think

Dandyman

In London village.
Spurs
Ajax
Lodz
Roma
Hapoel Tel Aviv

Essentially I am an out and out bigot.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Birmingham - not too sure why but have always had a soft spot for the blues.
OGC Nice - my mum is from France but mainly because I go there on holiday every year. Very nice place.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
SEAGULLS!! (obviously!)
Swansea (my other team being half Welsh cos of my dad)
Swindon (Have a good mate who likes them and lives there, kind of made me have soft spot, especailly their dedication towards each other as players)
Tottenham (like seeing the little guy of North London finally show some muscle)
Man City (nice supporters who had a good laugh with me as a Swans supporter, really good team also)
Barcelona (amazing players like Messi)
Stoke City (for finding their feet so quicky in the prem, a role model for us and any other newly promoted team)

Last edited:

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
The glorious Bradford City A.F.C. Birthplace of my parents, my mums cousin played for them in the early eighties and i remember going to fratton park and being invited into the players lounge after the game ( apparently we had proper bo comp tickets) i think i did shit in the boardroom? I was but 4 years old! Also sat in THE stand at valley parade on many occassions pre fire and watched said relative GARRY WATSON score a goal, little did i know it was offside, my mum was well chuffed when i told her he scored but it wasnt allowed! Another relative was a hero copper during the fire and saved a few people! Northerners? They're not that bad!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Birmingham - not too sure why but have always had a soft spot for the blues.
OGC Nice - my mum is from France but mainly because I go there on holiday every year. Very nice place.

nice is nice,sorry couldn't resist

but,your right, it is really nice!

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Bradford is a good one, home city of one of my fave bands being Terrorvision, and that day they survived in the prem with the 1-0 win over Liverpool, I was shouting at the TV "Defence!, defence!, effin stay up Bradford!!!". This was because of the soft spot I got for them after the 4-4 draw with Derby.

Sad days after their relegation to the 4th tier, but still a memorable moment.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Havant & Waterlooville. Grew up in Waterlooville and watched them home and away in the Southern League from about 6 to 24 years old. Watched the first season after the merger with Havant (winning southern league title), but moved to London, and it was never the same for me personally at Havant's ground, where I wasn't around enough for it to grow on me. Still stay in touch with their results and some of the supporters though. My first Seagulls game was actually a friendly with the Hawks at West Leigh Park in 2007.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Cardiff City.

Dad, Uncle and cousin supports them.

First match was at Ninian versus Bristol Rovers when I was 7 or so in the mid 70s-
and I could not understand why the alsation dogs were there dividing
the home end from the away end; it was evil with a capital 'e'.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Aston Villa: my Great Uncle (Grandads brother on my dads side) played for them (Peter Aldis defender) in the 1958 cup final when they beat Man Utd 2-1

Leyton Orient as i was the Chief Steward there for 3 years (and a footy coach for the kids team) when i was at Uni Of East London.

Crowborough Athletic as i played for them when i was a kid (my home town) and i am currently the Sunday side manager there !

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I like Fulham. Craven Cottage is a brilliant ground, and they are just generally a likable club.
Also quite fond of Rochdale, Barnet and Morecambe for no real reason.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Believe it or not I have a soft spot for Palace.....................................................................................................................................................................................a bog in the west of Ireland!!!!!

Sent from - not telling as it upsets some people!

Nottingham Forest - just because they were an amazing side when i was growing up
West Ham Utd - due to 1981 cup final so have always kept and eye on their results. Now more so as OH family are all hammers
Plymouth - because of fans reunited
Daggers - one of the local clubs to where i teach so quite a few students support them. thought they were decent side last year
Barcelona - because of the history of the area

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
family connections mean it is west ham for me

HoveSeagull

Oct 14, 2011
Hove, surprisingly
Liverpool, 'cos I'm from there,
Hereford United, dunno really,just do
Blackpool, first game I went to in the deepest darkest '70's