Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teams that you have a soft spot for and why?

AFC Wimbledon-For Never Saying Die

Dulwich Hamlet-We (Worthing) always play them in supporters games home and away each year. One of those great relatrionships between fans of two clubs-is also a good away day!!

Queens Park-Was part of the Worthing Supporters Side that played in their tournament at Lesser Hampden Park in June-Good club that still holds the traditions of amateurism and a lot of history!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
stoke city,goes back to when they beat chelsea in the league cup final

kilmarnock,won the scottish league the year i was born

montrose,once lived in a house called "montrose"

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
West Brom - lived a mile away from The Hawthorns as a student.
Hibs - enjoyed going there once.
Watford - my local club as a teenager.
Nimes Olympique - my fave foreign club.
Athletic Bilbao - their Basque only policy is an anachronism in modern football. Plus they always have a beast of a centre-half.

Aldershot little rev second team
york city middle rev second team
spurs first kit 1970
pompey little revs third team
haywards heath grew up there
mile oak middle rev plays for them
southdown rovers little rev plays for them
fulham mate from school took us up early 70's watch final in hamburg with mate
northern ireland love the underdog:moo:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
There is only the Abion...but if really,really pressed I would say Plymouth as I was an honorary Janner in the early 60s,lived there for two years..well based there,Royal Navy and The 60s Tottebham team,Bobby Smith,White,Dyson,Mackay through to Jimmy Greaves,Gilzean.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Aldershot.

Felt for the fans when the club folded and got relegated five divisions. Plus what a great day when we thumped them in the FA cup(2000/01)....it's still their record attendance (7,500).

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brighton-lived a lot of my life in sussex
Millwall-Go to watch them quite often with millwall mates
Wimbledon/AFC- Used to watch them in the early 70's lived round the corner from plough lane and wasnt allowed to go to chelsea on my own.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Arsenal - whole family supports them, I am the black sheep!
AC Milan - great side in the early 90's, and I always remember watching Argentina vs Cameroon at the San Siro in Italia 90 and being completely blown away by the stadium
Deportivo Wanka - Peruvian club for no other reason aside from its name!

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Spurs - not sure why just always seem too get behind them when watching a game
Whitehawk = Always want them too do well, Darren Freeman and all that

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Chelsea, as my Uncle used to play for them, and they have been in my life for the last 40 years. But when they play the Albion, it has and always would be Albion all the way.
Huddersfield, as my Mrs is from there and I find their fans very much like ours, in the respect that they have much bigger clubs a short train ride away. ie both Manchester clubs, Leeds and up until recently both Sheffield clubs.

D

Deleted member 18477

Arsenal - Grandad supported them and Thierry Henry + the 03/04 team = legends!
Fulham - Always liked them. maybe because i hate Chelsea so much and fulham are their closest rivals. + Zamora plays for them.
Real Madrid - they really are big time. and their stadium is incredible!
AFC Wimbledon - for what they have been through and how they survived. brilliant story!

and for some reason i'm starting to like Napoli this season. Cavani and Levezzi are real talents!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldershot little rev second team
york city middle rev second team
spurs first kit 1970 pompey little revs third team haywards heath grew up there mile oak middle rev plays for them southdown rovers little rev plays for them fulham mate from school took us up early 70's watch final in hamburg with mate northern ireland love the underdog:moo:
forgot afc wombles:facepalm:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Ipswich Town - always had a soft spot for them because of the great football they played under Bobby Robson, John Lyall and George Burley. Plus they have a high quota of really pleasant fans.

Another one for the Town. Lived in Suffolk for nearly 30 years and it was a delight to watch the Robson era of football. Always been a nicely run club and their fans are very like ours. Quietly passionate.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Norwich. My late dad's team. They have a female chairperson who gets pissed and lairy on the pitch. Lovely Stephen Fry supports them. Nice ground and nice pies. Like the green and yellow strip. And Elliott's there.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Another one for the Town. Lived in Suffolk for nearly 30 years and it was a delight to watch the Robson era of football. Always been a nicely run club and their fans are very like ours. Quietly passionate.

Me too , lived there for a good part of my adult life .

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
QPR - my dads team always been interested in them, doing well for themselves at the moment.
Arsenal - I love the way they play football, but are very frustrating to watch.
VFB Stuttgart - I have friends from there and they have a good football team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here