Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teams that you have a soft spot for and why?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Walsall - Been to see them a number of times with a good friend. Plucky little team surrounded by relative giants.

Oxford - Studied at Brookes, went to see a few games with my then future brother-in-law. Another team that was pushed to the brink of oblivion by some dodgy ownership.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Stoke City as I was born there and watched them as a boy , Brighton as I've lived down here longer (and other southern teams are crap) :)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Plymouth
Wrexham
Weymouth
NSC Minnesota Stars
Pretty much all the Sussex sides.

Also Chelsea,Arsenal and Leicester due to friends and family.

Last edited:

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Montrose. - Only because they are and have always been at the arse end of the Scottish div 3. (I love an underdog)

Oh and my new local non league side Guiseley. As I live a stones throw away from the "ground" and they have bovril!

I've always had a soft sopt for Birmingham City. Back in the day and in my first year at Uni in Brum,Barry Fry had just taken over at the Blues. Genuinely exciting and every day a new signing. And now having lived up here for 20 years, can confirm that the fans are the most passionate, so much more than Villa, Wolves, West Brom....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
AFC Wimbledon - lived in Wimbledon for 9 years. Plough Lane was a ten minute walk from my last house in Wimbledon.
New York Red Bulls - met some of their supporter group in a bar (funnily enough on the night England last played Spain in a friendly).
Southampton - the wrong half of my family supports them.

And to a lesser extent:
Forest - went to university in Nott'm, good support, good tradition, and one of my favourite football grounds right by the river

Also quite admire Arsenal for getting where they are off the back of good housekeeping and some sublime football over the past 2 decades. Definitely my favourite big side. Oh and I love the Wolves BADGE.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Newcastle United - Just think their fans are amazing and Alan Shearer was the top player when i was growing up

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Crystal Palace - otherwise we have no rivalry!!!!!!!!!!:mad::nono::nono:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Southampton - only cos my brother is a fan.
Plymouth - went to watch them away at Wigan a few years back with a mate, their fans were tremendous, great day out, and now with the obvious pitfalls they're facing.....
Southport - same mate as above used to work for the club
Scotland - CMS

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Hampton and Richmond - no real reason
Plymouth - obvious
Donny - obvious
Lewes - It's local innit
Oh, and Monaco, despite their current shitness

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Plymouth - Doesn't really need saying :D
Spurs - my best friend supports them, and the whole Bobby and Gus connections.
Norwich - Paul Lambert is a fantastic manager and it's nice seeing Bennett and Crofts making regular appearances :)
Palace - You have to love something to be able to hate it.
Pompey - I saw my first competitive football match at Fratton Park (Pompey vs Leicester in November '02)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Man City - long time perennial underachievers until recently, always impressed with their support even when they were shit, which was mostly. Pleased to see them owning Manchester.
Deportivo La Corunna - same colours as the Albion and were, briefly, a breath of fresh air in Spain barging into the Madrid Barca monopoly with style.
Arsenal - ever since Wenger has been there, hated them before that.
Lincoln - distant family connections and I love the air raid siren.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Salisbury City - used to watch them in the 70s when I stayed with my grandparents & they had 2 ex-Albion players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here