Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team V Blackburn

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It has alwas been said if you can win at home and draw away thus averaging 2 pts a game that will get you promoted, this year will be no different. We are just above that average with 42 points from 20 games not sure of the breakdown of home and away games. The league tables used to show it as total games with home and away record but not now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would also put him on the bench but for the U23s as he has had about 6 decent performances in the last 2 years and when on defensively is a liability offering no protection on the opponents right side. So for me the sooner we get him off the wage bill the better. Thd days ov him being a game changer are well gone.

I would sooner rely on March to be the game changer.

You have your opinion, that's fine. But you're now just being deliberately over-dramatic by saying you'd bench him for the U23s. Out of interest, which u23 players should start in the wing as head of him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have your opinion, that's fine. But you're now just being deliberately over-dramatic by saying you'd bench him for the U23s. Out of interest, which u23 players should start in the wing as head of him?

That was just a metaphorical statement to show he is nowhere near consideration for the first team IMHO. He is now at least 5th in line.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
OK I shall put it in slightly simpler terms, why should his quotes/views matter right now? See you at Ewood tomorrow for an ale?
Well done... going up there...true respect. I would have most certainly stood you a cuppla beers but I've been roped-in by the missus for a pub quiz locally... doah!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It has alwas been said if you can win at home and draw away thus averaging 2 pts a game that will get you promoted, this year will be no different. We are just above that average with 42 points from 20 games not sure of the breakdown of home and away games. The league tables used to show it as total games with home and away record but not now.

If you go on to the club site, click on the league table, it does show the league table in full with home and away games.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't see too many changes. I tend to think we are too cautious away from home - Cardiff a recent case in point . Blackburn are an improving side and to get any result I think we need a little more adventure forward. Our not being a naturally free-scoring side is the single threat to automatic promotion in my view. More than any other challenging side.
Keep clean sheets and you don't lose but to win you need to go for goal.
So no changes in defence from Friday. Pocognoli has the shirt to lose for now at least, just as Bong did.
I tend to think we may need Sidwell's bite for this one so he gets the nod for me to play alongside Stephens.
Knockaert yes. Skalak or Murphy? Really not sure - Skalak might be better to keep Conway pegged back. Murphy maybe more of a threat running at Marshall.......Hughton is more inclined to defend so Jiri gets the nod I think.
No change up top so a bench of Maenpaa, Bong, Goldson, Norwood, Murphy, Hemed and March.
Hoping we will be just a little more assertive than last time out away from home. Duffy to score just has to be doesn't it!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Can't see too many changes. I tend to think we are too cautious away from home - Cardiff a recent case in point . Blackburn are an improving side and to get any result I think we need a little more adventure forward. Our not being a naturally free-scoring side is the single threat to automatic promotion in my view. More than any other challenging side.
So no changes in defence from Friday. Pocognoli has the shirt to lose for now at least, just as Bong did.
I tend to think we may need Sidwell's bite for this one so he gets the nod for me to play alongside Stephens.
Knockaert yes. Skalak or Murphy? Really not sure - Skalak might be better to keep Conway pegged back. Murphy maybe more of a threat running at Marshall.......Hughton is more inclined to defend so Jiri gets the nod I think.
No change up top so a bench of Maenpaa, Bong, Goldson, Norwood, Murphy, Hemed and March.
Hoping we will be just a little more assertive than last time out away from home. Duffy to score just has to be doesn't it!
The ultimate irony would be Duffy scoring the winning goal...for Blackburn!

Nah, 1-0 to the Albion.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd imagine Murphy won't be risked at all for tomorrow given it looked like hamstring. Just weird the argus didn't mention KLL and painters above have mentioned Manu in the 18 - I know who I'd prefer out of the 2!

It said in yesterday's Argus that Murphy came off for precautionary reasons with a groin problem, and is ready for tonight. Whether he does make the 11/18 is a different question, with another (tough away) game on Saturday. I suspect he'll be on the bench.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
blackburn away....murphy injured...??? no wind up.......feel free to avail us of your opinion.

So you'd seriously drop Stephens who had his best game in a while against Leeds? And you'd also drop Baldock, the Sky Sports MOTM v Leeds to play Hemed & Murray together, even though we tried that earlier in the season and the general consensus was that it didn't work at all?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

Duffy to score, but at which end ??

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Maenpaa

Bruno
Duffy
Goldson for Dunk (not sure how many yellow cards he's had so far)
Pocognoli

March
Sidwell
Norwood
Knockaert

Hemed (rest Murray)
Baldock

Subs: Stockdale, Murray, Stephens, Skalak, Dunk, Manu, Murphy

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As Gus once said... average 2 points a game and automatics are assured (3... home win, 1 away = 92 points). Head and heart.... don't understand what you mean. Please just agree playing AWAY is bloody hard.
Win at home, draw away (average two points a game) is fine - 92 points and virtually certain promotion. However, no-one is ever likely to win all 23 home matches in a season (and we've already dropped points at home this year) so trying to turn the odd away draw into a win is essential. One of those tonight would be excellent!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Stephens
Sidwell
Skalak

Murray
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Bong, Goldson, Norwood, March, Hemed, LuaLua

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Win at home, draw away (average two points a game) is fine - 92 points and virtually certain promotion. However, no-one is ever likely to win all 23 home matches in a season (and we've already dropped points at home this year) so trying to turn the odd away draw into a win is essential. One of those tonight would be excellent!

What is the breakdown of games played at home and points gained. I know I could work it out but the league tables used to show it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here