Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team V Blackburn

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Have never got that. We're not playing against the ground, we are playing against a struggling side at the bottom end and we are top 2. The ground should have sod all to do with the result. If we have any ambition this season then we should win.

Erm...ground ..club...ye there isn't any logic...you could say style of play? And yes we should be looking for a win...but we do tend to play it tight away from home ....plus look at there recent form ...it's not of a struggling side...no ones lacking ambition though

You didn't comment re Greer/Murray....fascinating don't you think?

Edit Wigan...SW could be in the same bracket....beat them!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No mention of KLL or have I missed something? Suspension doesn't count for first team games they said...

If Murphys fit then.....We have four wide men in the squad....maybe Lua Lua will be a late addition if Murphy suffers any reaction to training? It is the EA after all

The quote is "we are expecting him to train" .. not definitely

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Erm...ground ..club...ye there isn't any logic...you could say style of play? And yes we should be looking for a win...but we do tend to play it tight away from home ....plus look at there recent form ...it's not of a struggling side...no ones lacking ambition though

You didn't comment re Greer/Murray....fascinating don't you think?

Edit Wigan...SW could be in the same bracket....beat them!

Greer is, as Murray, in the Autumn of his career. I would hope, and past aways might back it up, that goals might come from more mobile areas. Cardiff saw a few positive, forward looking moves which might have proved fruitful. I have every faith in CH, and I feel he will see this as a chance to widen the gap with Reading away in front of 85,000 European Champions fans.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If Murphys fit then.....We have four wide men in the squad....maybe Lua Lua will be a late addition if Murphy suffers any reaction to training? It is the EA after all

The quote is "we are expecting him to train" .. not definitely

I'd imagine Murphy won't be risked at all for tomorrow given it looked like hamstring. Just weird the argus didn't mention KLL and painters above have mentioned Manu in the 18 - I know who I'd prefer out of the 2!

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Have never got that. We're not playing against the ground, we are playing against a struggling side at the bottom end and we are top 2. The ground should have sod all to do with the result. If we have any ambition this season then we should win.
That's so far off reality. Of course we are playing the ground...hundreds of miles away on a cold mid-week night. Why are odds always statistically changed against the away side...cos it's tougher. They are near the bottom but just beat Newcastle away. We've got ambition to burn but that doesn't earn us the right to win... get real Prince!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
That's so far off reality. Of course we are playing the ground...hundreds of miles away on a cold mid-week night. Why are odds always statistically changed against the away side...cos it's tougher. They are near the bottom but just beat Newcastle away. We've got ambition to burn but that doesn't earn us the right to win... get real Prince!

Ok Duke :thumbsup: I am simple in both mind and football view. If it were, say, Arsenal playing at Hull with title aspirations (see PL comparison) then I feel Arsenal might not be worried about the stadium per se and looking to win.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Ok Duke :thumbsup: I am simple in both mind and football view. If it were, say, Arsenal playing at Hull with title aspirations (see PL comparison) then I feel Arsenal might not be worried about the stadium per se and looking to win.
Oh dear your Princedom... I feel you have swerved away from the point. If your Arsenal were in the hypothetical point you mention, they still would be far, far less likely to get a win at the miserable Eastern wintery shores of Hull than at their own snug North London home. Playing AWAY is not a given, regardless of league status and ambition

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Oh dear your Princedom... I feel you have swerved away from the point. If your Arsenal were in the hypothetical point you mention, they still would be far, far less likely to get a win at the miserable Eastern wintery shores of Hull than at their own snug North London home. Playing AWAY is not a given, regardless of league status and ambition

Not saying it is a given, my original point is that I do not get the 'bad ground for us'. It is XI v XI. If we draw then so be it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No longer good enough to be in contention for a place in the team and barely as a sub. Time for him to move on to get games.

That's a matter of opinion. I'd have him on my bench most weeks - game changer. Offers something different. Particularly if Murphy doesn't feature in the 18. Let's be honest, we've barely seen KLL play this season - in fact, not seen him start many since last Aug when he won player of the month, so difficult for us to judge.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Not saying it is a given, my original point is that I do not get the 'bad ground for us'. It is XI v XI. If we draw then so be it.
Once again, oh dear. All AWAY grounds are bad grounds. the further away, the darker, the colder, the midweek... all contribute to the fact that XI against Xi changes in favour of the home side. I'm afraid that is a proven fact as all bookmaker's odds will tell you. I think 3 points out of the 2 away games is as good as I think it gets. One win, one lose... fabby results

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Once again, oh dear. All AWAY grounds are bad grounds. the further away, the darker, the colder, the midweek... all contribute to the fact that XI against Xi changes in favour of the home side. I'm afraid that is a proven fact as all bookmaker's odds will tell you. I think 3 points out of the 2 away games is as good as I think it gets. One win, one lose... fabby results

Not great news for promotion aspirations. Whilst win home, draw away is a splendid concept, sometimes both head and heart must take precedence.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
No longer good enough to be in contention for a place in the team and barely as a sub. Time for him to move on to get games.
You have a short memory. Last early season he was sensational .Lots of injuries. He still could come back as that impact player off the bench that we have all enjoyed. He's the type of flair player that is inconsistent but can be a match winner. Let's hold on to him for at least to the end of the season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's a matter of opinion. I'd have him on my bench most weeks - game changer. Offers something different. Particularly if Murphy doesn't feature in the 18. Let's be honest, we've barely seen KLL play this season - in fact, not seen him start many since last Aug when he won player of the month, so difficult for us to judge.

I would also put him on the bench but for the U23s as he has had about 6 decent performances in the last 2 years and when on defensively is a liability offering no protection on the opponents right side. So for me the sooner we get him off the wage bill the better. Thd days ov him being a game changer are well gone.

I would sooner rely on March to be the game changer.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Not great news for promotion aspirations. Whilst win home, draw away is a splendid concept, sometimes both head and heart must take precedence.
As Gus once said... average 2 points a game and automatics are assured (3... home win, 1 away = 92 points). Head and heart.... don't understand what you mean. Please just agree playing AWAY is bloody hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here