Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Poyet vs Team Adams

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
some people have rose tinted memories of Oatway. as much of a egend as he is, he'd be best on the coaching side rather than in midfield ahead of Carpenter/Dicker pairing.

though come back in the depths of winter and see if we are missing some steel in the middle...

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. NO chance.

Zamora, Steele, Brooker or McLean, Boyd, Mackail-Smith?
I think we have, and look what happened.

Hmm, so Zamora, Brooker, Steele and Carpenter would have no chance of penetrating our defence? With defenders who it is very arguable are not nearly as good as the likes of Morgan or Cullip?

We've got a great team now, no question, but to put things in perspective, that Adams team (under Taylor's stewardship) won this league, so these boys have to do the same.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Not a chance. That side gave me some of my best moments as an Albion fan but they couldn't beat this team.

Peterborough don't count? We've also played 8 of the top 13 sides and have conceded 8 goals in 14 games. Even with Zamora, Adams' team would struggle to score against Gus's side.

Zamora was an obviously top league striker, does anyone in this division have that along with the team to feed him incessantly? Nope, not even close.

Come on, Zamora played in a European Cup Final last year and scored regularly against some of Europe's best teams. You reckon he might struggle to get past El-Abd? Give me a break, El-Abd is doing great in this league, but he won't be turning out for Juve anytime soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here