Votes: 52 41.6%
  • Something else that is neither healthy nor unhealthy

Votes: 34 27.2%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Keith Andrews openly berated TK on the pitch against Millwall and Ipswich.

I don't think it's a team-spirit issue, I suspect it's a frustration issue. The team knows - and we know - it is better than the performances it is putting in and the results it is achieving.

Not fussed about this spat as long as they don't make a habit of it.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Keith Andrews openly berated TK on the pitch against Millwall and Ipswich.

I don't think it's a team-spirit issue, I suspect it's a frustration issue. The team knows - and we know - it is better than the performances it is putting in and the results it is achieving.

Not fussed about this spat as long as they don't make a habit of it.

Does seem to involve our keeper a lot what with his arguments with Greer too. Shows what a feisty character TK is. Mind you when I saw Bruno at Watford his all-round shocking play had lot sof peope shouting at him so I can understand why some of the players got frustrated too.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
It shows someone has made another cock up and another team member is annoyed by said cock up.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good that they care enough to lose their temper.

Seems to be a 'keeper thing; I remember Schmeical and Grobbelaar regularly losing it with their defenders.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I just think it's much ado about nothing. It was barely noticed by the travelling fans at Hillsborough (though I confess in my case this is because I was in the Ladies' when the goal went in, so I missed the lot).

Who hasn't argued with a colleague in their time? You dust yourself off, shake hands and go again. I really don't see it having the slightest impact on our season.

No dramas.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
BAD. Team spirit is crucial - it was our secret weapon under MA Mk I - and that shows that maybe it's not all it should be at the moment. Any energy devoted to picking fights with your team-mates could be better exerted elsewhere.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BAD. Team spirit is crucial - it was our secret weapon under MA Mk I - and that shows that maybe it's not all it should be at the moment. Any energy devoted to picking fights with your team-mates could be better exerted elsewhere.

You don't seriously think there was never an argument between Micky Adams' players do you? Or Poyet's XI, or anyone else's?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
There are times when this kind of thing is warranted, last night was one of those times, Bruno's defending for that goal was nothing short of SHIT, he needed to be told.

It was poor defending, but he was superb for the rest of the evening.

Goalkeepers really should be careful when dishing out the blame as their mistakes will nearly always end up looking worse.

What goes around comes around.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I just think it's much ado about nothing. It was barely noticed by the travelling fans at Hillsborough (though I confess in my case this is because I was in the Ladies' when the goal went in, so I missed the lot).

Who hasn't argued with a colleague in their time? You dust yourself off, shake hands and go again. I really don't see it having the slightest impact on our season.

No dramas.
Exactly - as long as it's just players squaring up to each other and a bit of mouthing off then imo it's not indicative of anything other than a bit of frustration boiling over. When people start throwing punches or stubbing cigars out on each other then you may have more of an issue... :)

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Exactly - as long as it's just players squaring up to each other and a bit of mouthing off then imo it's not indicative of anything other than a bit of frustration boiling over. When people start throwing punches or stubbing cigars out on each other then you may have more of an issue... :)

We can't afford cigars anymore since FFP.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Quite.

Dressing room cliques, bullying of younger players, that sort of thing, indicates a problem. A couple of grown men having a set to about who should have done better for a goal that's pissed them all off, doesn't.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Mar 2, 2014

No dramas.

I don't agree. The last argument I had with a colleague resulted in my immediate dismissal. Admittedly, I hit him. Which was perhaps a step too far, but the reality is that you have to stand your ground. Whether you're a care home worker, or a goalkeeper suggesting a defender should have defended better. There are better ways to address a problem, and in my case, I do regret laying the guy out. I suppose it doesn't really matter which way around the pillows are positioned.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It was poor defending, but he was superb for the rest of the evening.

Indeed, if the coach picked a team that could create the chances for us to score, the bitch slap wouldn't have happened.

The annoying thing is, we DID create last night - sort of.

We must have got round the back of their full backs at least 10 times and either buggered up the delivery into the box or failed to get a foot on the ball.
I lost count of the number of low crosses we flashed into their 6 yard box, we just didn't get on the end of them.

Then there's the number of more direct through balls we played, and managed to mess all of those up too.

And that miss from Will, oh dear.......

I think Leo would have scored a bucket load last night.

Typical!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You don't seriously think there was never an argument between Micky Adams' players do you? Or Poyet's XI, or anyone else's?

I didn't say there hadn't been. The point is, I don't think really good teams or managers air their dirty washing in public. Absolutely no good at all can come from a player who's just screwed up having that, erm, pointed out to them again from someone who's meant to be on their side.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this lifts the lid of a team in turmoil or any such crap, it doesn't at all. Just think it's totally counterproductive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here