[Albion] Team for Villa (LC3)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Principles of selection

3-4-2-1

Pick them team for the Chelsea game and work backwards from there, ie protect all the 6 or 7 irreplaceable first team players.

Aim to give players the roles which they should be playing for the first team. Ie Murray can get 20 mins for Connolly at the end, Mooy is in further forward.

Webster to get a chance at left CB in case GP wants to recall Duffy for Burn on Saturday

Alzate and Montoya get a 45 minute each shoot out for a starting place on Saturday at RWB

I’m assuming Solly and Bernardo, aren’t fit (if they are they replace Burn and Schellotto on the bench)

Assuming Ali J is fit

-----------Button
---Duffy Balogun Webster
Montoya Bissouma Baluta Bong
------- Ali J------- Mooy
-----------Connolly

Steele / Burn / O’Hora / Schelloto / Alzate / Richards / Murray

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Hoping to see Bissouma and Baluta. Other than that, I'll just let Potter do his normal blindfolded dart throwing at the squad list. I would like to see him try some really outrageous formations. First half 2-7-1. Second half 5-0-5. Or just have them line up in a circle.

Last edited:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IF fit then maybe the following:

Button

Duffy - Balogun - Bong
Alzate - Baluta - Bissouma - Cochrane
Ali J - Connolly - Mooy

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1355916/preview-villa-visit-for-carabao-cup-action

"Potter confirmed that both Neal Maupay* [knock] and Glenn Murray [ankle] are unlikely to feature on Wednesday night, as both players work towards Saturday's match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Leon Balogun, Jose Izquierdo, Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Leandro Trossard are all unavailable, while Bernardo edges towards making a return.

For the Villans, Jonathan Kodjia and James Chester are both expected to miss out through injury."

*on Twitter, Brian Owen confirmed it's just a cut knee and Maupay's expected back for the weekend.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
Come on, it HAS to be time to start Burn as that Old Fashioned centre forward he clearly longs to be.

Button
Balogun - Duffy - Bong
Schelotto - Baluta - Mooy - Bernardo
Connolly - Burn - Alzate

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Assuming all fit.

Button
Montoya....Duffy....Roberts......Bong
Jahakanbahsh.....Alzate,,,,..Bernardo..
Mooy if allowed if not Bissouma
Maupay.....Connolly.​

Nope

————————-Button————————
————Balogun—Duffy—-Bong————-
———————————————————
Jahanbaksh—-Baluta—Bissouma—-Alzate
————————Mooy————————-
——————Murray—-Connolly—————

Subs
Steele
Schelotto
Bernardo
Burn
Stephens
Groß
Radulovic

Nope

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9079951 said:
........................Button.........................

.... Bernardo ...Duffy ..... Baluta .........

Alzate ....................................... Bong

............ Mooy .... Bissouma .............

Ali J .................................. Connolly

.................. Murray .........................

Nope

I'd expect to see plenty of changes and as our attacking options seem a little like square pegs and round holes we may even see a little change in formation to what they are more used to.
Button
Montoya, Duffy, Webster, Bernardo
Bissouma, Baluta, Mooy
Jahanbakhsh
, Connelly, Alzate

Nope

Button; Duffy, Webster, Bong; Alzate, Baluta, Bissouma, Bernardo; Mooy; Murray, Connolly

Nope

———————Button———————-—
Schelotto——Balogun——-Webster——-Bong
Băluță ---------- Mooy ---------- Bernardo
Bissouma—————-Murray————-March​

Button

Balogun
Duffy
Webster

Schelotto
Bong

Mooy
Băluţă

Alzate
Bissouma

Connolly

If fit..

Button
Balogun - Duffy - Bong
Schelotto - Baluta - Bissouma - Bernardo
Jahanbakhsh - Alzate
Connolly

Nope

Button
Balogun - Duffy - Webster
Alzate - Connolly - Bissouma​

IF fit then maybe the following:

Button

Duffy - Balogun - Bong
Alzate - Baluta - Bissouma - Cochrane
Ali J - Connolly - Mooy

Nope

Come on, it HAS to be time to start Burn as that Old Fashioned centre forward he clearly longs to be.

Button
Balogun - Duffy - Bong
Connolly - Burn - Alzate

Nope

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1355916/preview-villa-visit-for-carabao-cup-action

"Potter confirmed that both Neal Maupay* [knock] and Glenn Murray [ankle] are unlikely to feature on Wednesday night, as both players work towards Saturday's match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Leon Balogun, Jose Izquierdo, Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Leandro Trossard are all unavailable, while Bernardo edges towards making a return.

For the Villans, Jonathan Kodjia and James Chester are both expected to miss out through injury."

*on Twitter, Brian Owen confirmed it's just a cut knee and Maupay's expected back for the weekend.

:rolleyes:

Any news on March??

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So we can’t play Murray, Maupay, Balogun, Izquierdo, Ali J and Trossard and probably Bernardo in addition to the fact that we’ll be leaving out, I’m going to guess, at least 8 of the team who started at Newcastle. That leaves us looking a little thin.

The Greyhound and Solly were excluded from that list so I’m putting them both on the bench

-------------Button
-----Webster Duffy Burn
Montoya Baluta Bissouma Bong
--------Mooy Alzate
----------Connolly

Steele / Schellotto /Cochrane / O’Hora / Richards / March / Radulovic

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’d be very surprised if Bissouma starts, I could see him coming on about the hour mark as a planned sub.
I can see Potter being forced to start one of Stephens or Propper and playing them for an hour.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
From the club website after Potter's press conference today:

Team news…

Potter confirmed that both Neal Maupay [knock] and Glenn Murray [ankle] are unlikely to feature on Wednesday night, as both players work towards Saturday's match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
If the Albion are ever to have a chance of actually adding some real silverware to their single Charity Shield, my guess is that this is the competition we should target.

An old fashioned view I know, trying to win something, we're not (as fans) expected to hope to win anything any more, and therefore should be happy with the reserves giving it a plucky go, before collapsing to a 90th minute away goal from some other unknown reserve player from the Midlands.

I hope we give it a real go in this competition whilst everyone else is too frightened to bother - that, or just try to play an entire team whose names begin with B, just for a laugh at least.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to Naylor (on Twitter):

Senior Brighton players out of the Carabao Cup tie at home to Villa on Wednesday: Maupay, Murray, Trossard, March, Jahanbakhsh, Balogun, Izquierdo.
Bissouma will play after late minutes back from summer shoulder surgery at Newcastle.
Schelotto (knee op) possibly too.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC

Last edited:

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Button

Duffy
Webster
Bong

Schelotto
Baluta
Alzate