Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for this Wednesday…against Leicester in that Cup match

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How have you arrived at that conclusion?
I come to the very different one, that the club are protecting that player while bail conditions remain. Once they no longer pertain, availability will return.

I thought match fitness might be relevant as he hasn't played for at least a month.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought match fitness might be relevant as he hasn't played for at least a month.

I'd be surprised. Match fitness tends to be an issue when a player is returning from an injury. There was an injury but that's no longer the issue. I'm sure that the training regime the player has been given will ensure that they are ready to return to playing when other issues are resolved.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'd be surprised. Match fitness tends to be an issue when a player is returning from an injury. There was an injury but that's no longer the issue. I'm sure that the training regime the player has been given will ensure that they are ready to return to playing when other issues are resolved.

We shall see.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
—————————-Scherpen
————-Webster - Duffy - Roberts
Lamptey - Mwepu - Mac Allister - March
———Richards - Connolly - Sarmiento

That looks good, although pretty sure it'll be Steele between the sticks.

^ This ^

The biggest question mark for me is Lamptey.

He needs carefully managed minutes to build up his fitness. If he's in line to start vs Liverpool, does he need rest more than 45-60 minutes tonight? Or would a start vs Liverpool be too much anyway, so 45-60 mins here is a better idea?

I really hope Connolly carries on his good form from the last round - I have a feeling he'll score tonight.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
^ This ^

He needs carefully managed minutes to build up his fitness. If he's in line to start vs Liverpool, does he need rest more than 45-60 minutes tonight? Or would a start vs Liverpool be too much anyway, so 45-60 mins here is a better idea?

I really hope Connolly carries on his good form from the last round - I have a feeling he'll score tonight.

Interesting comment by Potter in the pre match Leicester conference….that Lamptey played longer on Saturday than planned

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
^ This ^

My guess is that he won't get on the pitch tonight. His minutes are going to be heavily managed. I think he'll play supersub for a while, coming on to run rings around tiring donkeys (like Grealish).

He could well start the Newcastle game

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Interesting comment by Potter in the pre match Leicester conference….that Lamptey played longer on Saturday than planned

Could be a red herring ahead of a surprise inclusion?

Whatever they do, I really hope they err on the side of caution - the 2nd half on Sat was a stark reminder of what we've been missing and I'd be gutted if he broke down again

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
^ This ^

Just listened to the Albion Unlimited podcast and Johnny Cantor said that Potter had intimated Lamptey's unlikely to start as he played more minutes than anticipated against City. I was actually pleased to hear that as we need him back fully firing ASAP in the league games. He's such an important player to us - a game changer - so I would rather he missed tonight in that case as we just can't afford any risk to his recovery at all.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wonder who will play RB/RWB with Lamptey probably not playing? Veltman & Gross likely resting and Alzate is injured.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Wonder who will play RB/RWB with Lamptey probably not playing? Veltman & Gross likely resting and Alzate is injured.

I think Webby shifting across is the most likely outcome. Veltman next most likely. Mwepu at RWB third most likely.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Veltman in my opinion hasn’t looked great recently.

I would expect him to start tonight with Lamptey starting on Saturday

Will be interesting on Saturday who starts in central defence for a predicted 3-5-2

Dunk and Webster certainties (if fit)

A hard call currently on form between Duffy, Burn, Veltman

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Personally I think Potter was more indicating that Lamptey would play more like 50-60 minutes, Burn coming off early vs Man City with March playing full 90 sounds like Burn at LB for me:

Steele

Lamptey
Webster
Duffy
Burn

Mwepu
Moder
Gross

Richards
MacAllister
Connolly

Scherpen
Tsoungui
Turns
Furlong
Leonard
Moran
Sariamento
Ferguson
Locaida

Rested:

Sanchez
Cucurella
Veltman
Dunk
Lallana
March
Trossard
Maupay

Other:

Bissouma

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Veltman in my opinion hasn’t looked great recently.

I would expect him to start tonight with Lamptey starting on Saturday

Will be interesting on Saturday who starts in central defence for a predicted 3-5-2

Dunk and Webster certainties (if fit)

A hard call currently on form between Duffy, Burn, Veltman

If Potter feels that the 35 or 40 minutes Lamptey played against City was a bit much I'm guessing he isnt going to start against Liverpool.

Yup. Fair chance. Or March.

Personally I think Potter was more indicating that Lamptey would play more like 50-60 minutes, Burn coming off early vs Man City with March playing full 90 sounds like Burn at LB for me:

Steele

Lamptey
Webster
Duffy
Burn

Mwepu
Moder
Gross

Richards
MacAllister
Connolly

Scherpen
Tsoungui
Turns
Furlong
Leonard
Moran
Sariamento
Ferguson
Locaida

Rested:

Sanchez
Cucurella
Veltman
Dunk
Lallana
March
Trossard
Maupay

Other:

Bissouma

Something like that though I think March is going to play considering he has not had a lot of game time so far this season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Think it will be this one:

Steele

Webster, Duffy, Roberts

Lamptey, Mwepu, Leonard, Richards, March

Macallister

Connolly

Name the five playing subs? Moder and MacAllister to start

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You are probably right about Ali Mac, less sure about Moder since he has been playing a lot last month and will probably start against Liverpool as well.

Groß to start against Liverpool if rested for this game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here