Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
In the great scheme of things, the EFL Cup is an irrelevance. We do not need to take much interest in it. All out energies should be concentrated on the Premier, and reaching as high a position in it as possible. Everything else is secondary.

That's an interesting opinion.

I would have thought given our good start in the league then it might allow us to focus a little more on both cup competitions. It certainly won't be Saturday's starting line up but it also shouldn't be a team full of U23's

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Looks like we’re taking about a thousand up there. Not bad.

Would love us to take the cups more seriously, especially since we are well clear of the relegation zone at the moment. A good run can only make the season even better.

Can you imagine a quarter final at The Amex? We’re potentially one game away from that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I listened to the last cup game on my Amazon Echo and I live in Wales. Perhaps the rules are different for cup games?

The audio football commentary via the BBC local radio teams is blocked online. (Or at least it should be) . Unless it’s on 5 live - in which case it’s only blocked outside the UK.

The audio commentary via the club service is available to any member who is logged in (I think from anywhere)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think something like >>

Steele
Lamptey Roberts Webster Duffy March
Mwepu Richards MacAllister
Connolly Locadia

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would hope Locadia will get another chance. Surely the club pay him 2 mill a year and it would be mad not to use him and keep him motivated...edit that..I guess 2 mill is motivation enough to turn up for work!

Nope his motivation is keeping his 365 subscribers happy, churning out this dirge….

https://youtu.be/_fy3Gbmf6To

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like we’re taking about a thousand up there. Not bad.

Would love us to take the cups more seriously, especially since we are well clear of the relegation zone at the moment. A good run can only make the season even better.

Can you imagine a quarter final at The Amex? We’re potentially one game away from that.

As usual the FA Cup will probably be taken very seriously and the Cracow Cup less so. Expect a not-so-strong team tomorrow.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has not played since this turmoil, so that is a pretty good "why not" unless you actually believe that GP feels Moder, Gross and Lallana are superior midfielders.

No one does.

Potter has to play a midfield ‘3’ instead of the ‘2’ he normally selects when Bissouma starts. Our wins column and goals scored column ain’t gonna shift much until Biss is back.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Steele

Lamptey
Webster (c)
Roberts
Furlong

Leonard
Mwepu
Richards
Moran
Sarmiento

Connolly

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Steele
Veltman
Duffy
Roberts
Burn
Bissouma
MacAllister
Mwepu
Sarmiento
Richards
Connolly

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Man City take this competition seriously, they have won it 6 out of the last 8 years.
It seems a bit arrogant if Brighton don't do the same looking at the current league table. Lets be honest a top 6 or relegation position is not going to happen this season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Man City take this competition seriously, they have won it 6 out of the last 8 years.
It seems a bit arrogant if Brighton don't do the same looking at the current league table. Lets be honest a top 6 or relegation position is not going to happen this season.

Man City also have a second 11 who would easily finish in the top 4 if they played them every week so it’s easy for them to rotate their squad. I believe they were averaging 6 changes per game last season. And people think ‘tinkering’ doesn’t work!

Pep subbed on De Bruyne, Mahrez and Fernandinho against us. He may well start them this week as we start our subs; Lamptey, Mac Allister and Mwepu. They’ll crush almost all opposition in this competition, no matter who Pep picks.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Man City also have a second 11 who would easily finish in the top 4 if they played them every week so it’s easy for them to rotate their squad. I believe they were averaging 6 changes per game last season. And people think ‘tinkering’ doesn’t work!

Pep subbed on De Bruyne, Mahrez and Fernandinho against us. He may well start them this week as we start our subs; Lamptey, Mac Allister and Mwepu. They’ll crush almost all opposition in this competition, no matter who Pep picks.

In a cup game, you can't say that with certainty. Even a great side like City will lose a few unexpectedly over the course of a season. The opposition can only be ready in case the chance arises

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In a cup game, you can't say that with certainty. Even a great side like City will lose a few unexpectedly over the course of a season. The opposition can only be ready in case the chance arises

Of course but two games lost in the last 8 years in this competition is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
...... and we wont get to the later stages unless we start with a very good team against Leicester.

Which we almost certainly won't do. We have what will be seen as a much more important game against Liverpool just four short days away. Premier League games trump the EFL Cup everytime irrespective of the stage of the competition.

For that reason it wouldn't surprise me in the very least, if tomorrow's team relies almost in it's entirety on the Development Squad, supplemented perhaps with one or two first teamers who won't be involved at Liverpool.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Judging from what GP said it will probably be a stronger team than in the previous two games. Probably not the strongest possible eleven though despite the wishes of the Caramel Cup fans.

Same goes for Leicester, I would imagine.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I don't think there will be that many u23 starting, can see a back 5 which includes Lamptey/Webster/Duffy/Burn/March with Lamptey maybe playing 60 min before being replaced by Veltman.

Midfield you would want Biss and Mwepu getting minutes under their belts, up front I've got a sneaky feeling Sarmiento might start along with MacAllister and Connolly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here