Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Saturday and Monday

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I see pretty much no one including the original Spanish Dave in next Mondays team. I would say he's a definite starter and I think he will do well against better opposition technically he's a very good player.

He CAN be a very good player, but he has been absolute pish this season.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
From the moment Obika stepped on to the pitch we should have sent him back to Spurs. Like Leroy Lisa he is just not interested, I always believed that by going out on loan a player was going to use the period to prove that he can become a worth while team member to his manager. I have seen nothing from Obika to suggest that either We or Spurs will gain anything from his time with us. He will no doubt pop up again in the 2nd Division or Conference scoring the odd goal here and there, but at the sharp end he is found wanting which is a shame because he probably has a lot to offer when he can be arsed!!!

From the moment Obika stepped on to the pitch we should have sent him back to Spurs. Like Leroy Lisa he is just not interested, I always believed that by going out on loan a player was going to use the period to prove that he can become a worth while team member to his manager. I have seen nothing from Obika to suggest that either We or Spurs will gain anything from his time with us. He will no doubt pop up again in the 2nd Division or Conference scoring the odd goal here and there, but at the sharp end he is found wanting which is a shame because he probably has a lot to offer when he can be arsed!!!

Leroy Lisa his new nickname ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I actually think Upson can do 2 games in 3 days. Yes its a tough ask, but he's the sort of player who just needs to keep playing. I have a horrible feeling if he sat out 1 or 2 matches he might lose his momentum.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The leagues is more important than the cup so we've got to go as strong as possible against Wigan.

Wigan:

Koosh
Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward
Stephens
Ince
Orlandi
March
Ulloa
Buckley

Hull:

Brez
Calderon
Upson/Greer
Dunk
Chicksen
Andrews
JFC
Agustien
Lua Lua
D-Rod
Spanish Dave

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Lots of people picking two totally different teams, with the exception of Upson. True it's a quick turn around, but then it's no different to playing on a Saturday and then on a Bank Holiday Monday, which used to be common place. For sure there will be changes, but I don't think there will be as many as people think. Pace will be more important away from home, as the pressure will be on Hull to take the game to us and hopefully we can hit them more on the counter, I personally would go..

Wigan,
--------------------------TK----------------------------
Bruno----------Greer------------Upson---------------Ward
-------------------------Ince-----------------------------
-------------Stephens----------Orlandi--------------------
Rodney------------------Ulloa-----------------------Lualua

Hull...
-------------------------TK-------------------------------
Calderon---------Dunk---------Upson-----------------Ward
----------------------Andrews-----------------------------
------------JFC----------------Ince-----------------------
March---------------Ulloa/CMS----------------------Buckley

I see no reason why a keeper can't play two games in three days....But we all know he won't. I would also have it in the back of my mind about the possibility of a penalty shoot out.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Wigan:

----------TK----------
----Greer---Upson--
Bruno----------Ward
---------Ince---------
--Stephens--Orlandi-----
Buckley-----------D-Rod
---------Ulloa---------

Hull:

----------Brez----------
----Dunk------Upson--
Calde------------Chicksen
---------Andrews---------
------Ince-------JFC------
March-----------------Kaz
------------Ulloa---------

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Vs Wigan on Saturday:

Gk. TK
Rb. Bruno
Cb. Greer
Cb. Upson
Lb. Ward

Cm. Ince
Cm. Stephens
Cm. Orlandi

Rw. Buckley
Cf. Ulloa
Lw. Lua Lua

Vs Hull on Monday

Gk. Brezovan

Rb. Lopez
Cb. Calderon
Cb. Dunk
Lb. Chicksen

Cm. JFC
Cm Andrews
Cm. Augestien

Rw. March
Cf. Obika
Lw. Rodriguez

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I favour us trying to balance out sides that are good enough to win both – a slight gamble I suppose, but points dropped against Wigan wouldn’t necessarily end our play-off push.
I reckon younger players would naturally handle 2 games in quick succession a bit better from a physical perspective, which is why I’d go for March in both games (though sub him off vs Wigan for Kaz) as well as Dunk in both.
Brez has done well and I’m guessing there’s been some sort of promise to stick with him in the cup unless injured, so I don’t think for a second he’d be dropped.

Wigan:
--------------------------TK----------------------------
Bruno----------Dunk------------Upson---------------Ward
-------------Stephens----------Orlandi--------------------
March------------------Ulloa-----------------------D-Rod

Likely subs (3 of them depending on the game situation/injuries obviously):
Lua Lua for March
Lopez for Ulloa (with D-Rod taking Ulloa’s role, Orlandi pushing out wide to replace D-Rod and SD filling in for Orlandi
Greer – on for Upson to save his legs if appropriate
JFC – hopefully save him for Monday or Buckley – only in squad if no concerns over fitness (Andrews otherwise)
Calde
CMS (if fit) or Obika (to come on for Leo instead of the above only if we’re 2 up!)
Brez

Hull:
-------------------------BrezzyLad----------------------------
Calderon---------Dunk---------Greer* ----------Chicksen
---------------CMS**----------------JFC--------------------
March------------------Ulloa ----------------------Buckley or D-Rod
*or Upson if he’s up to it
**if fit enough – Orlandi if not, with JFC swapping to right midfield

Likely subs (3 of them depending on the game situation/injuries obviously):
Lua Lua for March or Buckley
D-Rod on for Ulloa
Andrews for Ince if he’s knackered
Lopez
Upson/Ward
Obika or CMS depending upon fitness
Kasper

I'm guessing there will be one or two errors in the above, but it has well and truly confused me trying to cover different permutations... :mad:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If there is a penalty shoot out at Hull we need David Lopez on the pitch after 120 minutes.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Wigan:

----------TK----------
----Greer---Upson--
Bruno----------Ward
---------Ince---------
--Stephens--Orlandi-----
Buckley-----------D-Rod
---------Ulloa---------

Hull:

----------Brez----------
----Dunk------Upson--
Calde------------Chicksen
---------Andrews---------
------Ince-------JFC------
March-----------------Kaz
------------Ulloa---------

Seems about right to me but I can't see Ulloa starting both games. So trade Obika/CMS/Rodriguez in for him against hull.

In an ideal world we'll be 3-0 up at half time against Wigan so we can haul him and maybe Upson off at half time.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Seems to be the problem positions are central defence and centre forward. Assuming full fitness we have four full backs to choose from and I'm happy with any combo. We have two defensive midfielders, four attacking midfielders and a choice of wingers to go either side of the front three. Problem is we only have three centre backs and a choice of Ulloa and Obika up front. I can't see Ulloa playing twice in 3 days and being effective and one of the three backs will have twice. I think both games are equally important.
My choice:-
Wigan
Kush
Bruno
Ward
Greer
Upson

Ince
Orlandi
Stephens

Rodriguez
Ulloa
Buckley

and Hull
Brez
Calde
Chicksen
Dunk
Upson

JFC
Andrews
Lopez

Lua Lua
Ulloa
March

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems to be the problem positions are central defence and centre forward. Assuming full fitness we have four full backs to choose from and I'm happy with any combo. We have two defensive midfielders, four attacking midfielders and a choice of wingers to go either side of the front three. Problem is we only have three centre backs and a choice of Ulloa and Obika up front. I can't see Ulloa playing twice in 3 days and being effective and one of the three backs will have twice. I think both games are equally important.
My choice:-
Wigan
Kush
Bruno
Ward
Greer
Upson

Ince
Orlandi
Stephens

Rodriguez
Ulloa
Buckley

and Hull
Brez
Calde
Chicksen
Dunk
Upson

JFC
Andrews
Lopez

Lua Lua
Ulloa
March

Very true.

For me the unknown is if Rodriguez could deputise in the center of the front 3.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
As an NBA fan (waiting for the comments) I can't see why players need to be rested so often. NBA teams can play up to 100 games if they win it all including several road trips like 5 away games in 7 days, travelling a larger country.

Might that not have something to do with the fact that basketball games are 60 minutes with numerous breaks and timeouts, it's a non-contact sport and constant substitutions mean players get a rest when they need it?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Surprised at so many people putting Kemy in for the Hull game, I'd be amazed if he features in the match day squad again this season.

what has agustien done for him not to be in the squad
Been told he can leave and he has no future. A lot like Harley was in pre-season 2012.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here