Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Millwall

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Interesting that most of the teams selected have only got one of the new players signed in the transfer window, that being Dean Hammond, who has been outstanding in his two games.

Y, basically that majority have the same team. My difficulty with the new fellas is as much about not knowing them as it is about dropping known faces that have performed. Orlandi had his chance on Tues and didn't really take it so Barnes gets his slot back. Reason I didn't give Dave a run out is quite simply I know bugger all about him, where he best plays and who he'd replace. Seemingly Barnes but I've got him as an out and out attacking MF (could be totally wrong) and away from home think we might need the defensive qualities that Barnes offers (and he's still a couple of yellows off a ban yet!!)

I'd really like to see Dobbie and CMS together and think it'll happen but Dobbie clearly not up to speed yet.

So for all the quality and numbers in our squad, this thread demonstrates that (with the odd exception) the team is kind of picking itself ... cue shock/horror at 2.15 tomorrow :)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I can't see the back 5 changing all season, unless we are forced to through injury. Drop Barnes to the bench after his show of petulance at Watford, and bring him on for CMS if we need to shore up a lead, as he can hold the ball up.

-------------PIG------------

Bruno--El Abd--Greer--Bridge

----Bridcutt----Crofts-----
Spanish Dave--------Hammond

------CMS-----Buckley-----

Would be good.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As Vicente is still injured.

I have to revise my selection to unchanged except Croft for Dicker and Dobbie for Barnes. The Dobbie selection is based on his form for Blackpool and because I have not been impressed with Barnes this season. It is very close, the width of the post against Swindon. If the ball had gone in from the splendid Vicente corner.

Kuszczak
Bruno - Greer - El Abd - Bridge
Bridcutt - Hammond - Crofts
Mackail-Smith - Dobbie - Buckley

But it leaves a problem with corners. Or it would if it was a home match. David might be a better bet than Dobbie ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here