Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuszczak

Bruno~El-Abd~Greer~Bridge

Crofts~Bridcutt~Hammond

Buckley~McSmudger~Barnes​

subs: Ankergren, Dunk, Dobbie, Dave, Dicker, Calderon, Orlandi.

Surely?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Kuszczak

Bruno~El-Abd~Greer~Bridge

Crofts~Bridcutt~Hammond

Buckley~McSmudger~Barnes​

subs: Ankergren, Dunk, Dobbie, Dave, Dicker, Calderon, Orlandi.

Surely?

Gus was hinting at changes including the possibility of Lopez playing (likely as sub though) and players being tired. Trouble is our back 6 is a shoe in so not sure how you change that. Hammond has done enough to keep his spot and despite the improved performances against Barnsley and Sheff W Dicker didn't shine Tues so can see him making way for Crofts. I'd still like to see Dobbie get some decent game time but difficult to argue against Buckley, Barnes, CMS ... so yes .. this!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What about David Lopez?

edit: Ah, you've called him Dave... got it :blush:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't think we'll see wholesale changes until we lose a match... the perhaps Lopez & Dobbie might be a start.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has it been announced somewhere that Crofts is fit to return, then?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who is going to partner Crofts and Bridcutt in midfield?

Lualua may be fit. Crofts may be fit.

Vicente may be fit ??? Hoskins won't be fit.

Who is the left sided defensive midfielder to replace Navarro and Noone and to cover when Bridge goes on his forward runs? Failing that we will have to convert the numerous chances being created and missed by Barnes and Macca mostly.

Last edited:

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Personally I thought Hammond looked a little of the pace at times on Saturday bearing in mind he has only played two full games so far this season and not sure how many he played for saints in preseason it might be that Gus brings in Crofts for him. IMO Dicker has stepped up to the plate in recent games and Gus does like him so can see him playing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does Dobbie ever play along the wing? Maybe him rather then Barnes if he does?

Dobbie has come on twice and looked pretty disinterested. He certainly hasn't done anything to deserve to be ahead of Barnes at the moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At Watford, he was just getting balls lumped at him, and most strikers would have struggled to do anything with them.

I wasn't expecting him to perform miracles. Just hold the ball up a little bit when we were under pressure rather than constantly letting it bounce off him.

I'm excited about the signing of Dobbie. I think he might be a great player for us. My point is just that with the riches in the squad at present, players have got to earn their place. At the moment for me, he hasn't and would definitely be behind Barnes (particularly out wide, which is what you were suggesting).

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Kuszczak
Bruno - Greer - El Abd - Bridge
Crofts - Bridcutt - Hammond
Buckley. Macca. Lopez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here