Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Burnley game

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You seem to have forgotten that RDZ ignored his conditions and played him for 90mins+ just before the International. It was JFA that stepped in, and stopped RDZ from exploiting him, otherwise RDZ would have insisted on playing him.
Against Brentford RDZ ignored advice again and used him for full mins. I cannot but think something is wrong with RDZ.

Please tell me why he is so obsessed. A lack of confidence in himself, or other players?
I don't accept the premise, if Mitoma is fit enough he should play, because hes our best player. And if he's playing, it's because he's fit enough.

Also, whose advice are you quoting? Would be amazed if it came from inside the club. If you're quoting Japanese sources, of course they would like him rested before the tournament, they're biased and it's none of their business in the end.

Why should RDZ rest our best player if he doesn't need resting, just to make him fresher for a tournament that's nothing to do with us?

It'll be the same when he gets sold to a bigger club next year, then you can spam their board and question whether something is wrong with Pep or Klopp or Ten Haag.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Please tell me why he is so obsessed. A lack of confidence in himself, or other players?

Obsessed is such a weird word to use. He’s hardly obsessed with him, obsessed is for creepy stalker types, not football managers playing a player.

Mitoma is one of our best and most effective players, it’s obvious why he is playing him so much, especially with other options there like Fati, Enciso etc all being out. I agree that Mitoma probably needs a rest and that it’s a concern that the Japanese team felt they had to say something, but why that is happening is utterly obvious.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
You seem to have forgotten that RDZ ignored his conditions and played him for 90mins+ just before the International. It was JFA that stepped in, and stopped RDZ from exploiting him, otherwise RDZ would have insisted on playing him.
Against Brentford RDZ ignored advice again and used him for full mins. I cannot but think something is wrong with RDZ.

I don't believe it's an obsession, but, from a footballing perspective, Mitoma drags at least 2 defenders out wide giving us a good chance of overloading centrally. Adingra could do similarly on the left given time but he's not as good as Mitoma yet.

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
I don't accept the premise, if Mitoma is fit enough he should play, because hes our best player. And if he's playing, it's because he's fit enough.

Also, whose advice are you quoting? Would be amazed if it came from inside the club. If you're quoting Japanese sources, of course they would like him rested before the tournament, they're biased and it's none of their business in the end.

Why should RDZ rest our best player if he doesn't need resting, just to make him fresher for a tournament that's nothing to do with us?

It'll be the same when he gets sold to a bigger club next year, then you can spam their board and question whether something is wrong with Pep or Klopp or Ten Haag.

As I mentioned the info came from the player himself.

If he is healthy, no problem, you can argue about the need of the team to fully utilize the player. But, that does not justify the fact that RDZ just insists on ignoring the conditions of the player and pre-match arrangements that was to substitute him in 2nd half.

Re players' conditions and state of health, that is not something you or I or staffers can know. You cannot just say that he is OK and should play full 90mins because he looked fine, can you?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

If he is healthy, no problem, you can argue about the need of the team to fully utilize the player. But, that does not justify the fact that RDZ just insists on ignoring the conditions of the player and pre-match arrangements that was to substitute him in 2nd half.

Re players' conditions and state of health, that is not something you or I or staffers can know. You cannot just say that he is OK and should play full 90mins because he looked fine, can you?

Have you actually made a single positive post about the Albion, in our greatest season ever, amongst your 29 posts since on NSC :laugh:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

What are you waffling on about?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Looking like Baker Boaity will soon be getting a start. Can any U21 followers tell us a little about type of player he is

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
I don't believe it's an obsession, but, from a footballing perspective, Mitoma drags at least 2 defenders out wide giving us a good chance of overloading centrally. Adingra could do similarly on the left given time but he's not as good as Mitoma yet.

I would also try JP on the left. Adingra needs a rest, seriously.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
"Staffers" (you mean Club staff?) know perfectly well his condition and state of health, as they see him in training most days each week and have a full suite of medical data collected during training and their periodic health checks to monitor exactly these things.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
"Staffers" (you mean Club staff?) know perfectly well his condition and state of health, as they see him in training most days each week and have a full suite of medical data collected during training and their periodic health checks to monitor exactly these things.

I'm going to shut up now because I seem to be repeating the same things, but please do remember that it was JFA doctors/trainers who diagnosed his serious muscle strain.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Looking like Baker Boaity will soon be getting a start. Can any U21 followers tell us a little about type of player he is
Plays on the right. A jinking winger he would have been known as in the old days

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Mitoma was not supposed to play the full minutes against Brentford. As always RDZ just ignored the initial plan and used him full mins.

Why can't the management control his abuse of players? Are Brighton/RDZ so void of any other game plans/strategy and tactics?
There really should be a yawn emoji

Reactions: abc

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

What on earth are you going on about? Seriously, it makes absolutely no sense.

You’ve said that you don’t know the conditions or state of health of any players, but yet you’re equally convinced that RDZ is on some bizarre mission to run Mitoma into the ground.

I could go through virtually every sentence you’ve written and point out the inaccuracies in them, but frankly I don’t have the energy to do so.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Obsessed is such a weird word to use. He’s hardly obsessed with him, obsessed is for creepy stalker types, not football managers playing a player.

Mitoma is one of our best and most effective players, it’s obvious why he is playing him so much, especially with other options there like Fati, Enciso etc all being out. I agree that Mitoma probably needs a rest and that it’s a concern that the Japanese team felt they had to say something, but why that is happening is utterly obvious.
You're probably far more generous than I am, but I can't help reading those first two sentences and wager that there's a certain poster frequenting this thread who is obsessive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here