Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Burnley game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Igor has played the last 3 games in a row, so think JPVH will start with Dunk.
Ferguson will start, JP bench.
I can see Dahoud starting too.
Tomorrow is very important but Thursday is massive.
Agreed re Igor….i think his European experience will be invaluable for Thursday…hence he will miss tomorrow imo

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
yep. Right wing is the most interesting one. Adingra REALLY looks like he needs a rest, but with no March / Fati / Enciso / Buonanotte there’s a lack of obvious replacements.

i wouldn’t be shocked to see Baker-Boaty-McBoatface start.

Adingra has been very poor the past two games, definitely needs a rest.

I also think Baker-Boaitey might start, although I think Hinsh could do a job there too.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pascal Gross to go into the forward line and replace Adingra on the right

-----------Steele
Veltman Dunk Van Hecke Igor
------Baleba Dahoud
----Gross Pedro Mitoma
---------Ferguson

Another 4 subs on the hour with an eye on Thursday

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
Adingra has been very poor the past two games, definitely needs a rest.

I also think Baker-Boaitey might start, although I think Hinsh could do a job there too.

Adingra definitely needs a rest. I bet RDZ will ignore how knackered he is and play him for 90mins+.

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
Mitoma was not supposed to play the full minutes against Brentford. As always RDZ just ignored the initial plan and used him full mins.

Why can't the management control his abuse of players? Are Brighton/RDZ so void of any other game plans/strategy and tactics?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Mitoma was not supposed to play the full minutes against Brentford. As always RDZ just ignored the initial plan and used him full mins.

Why can't the management control his abuse of players? Are Brighton/RDZ so void of any other game plans/strategy and tactics?
I thought he looked fresh and lively on Wednesday, almost back to his best. I didn't see any concerns that suggest he should have been taken off, looked as fit as anyone at the end of the game.

What did you see that was different?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Bart
Veltman dunk JPVH Hinshelwood
Baleba dahoud
Gross Lallana Mitoma
Ferguson

It won’t be that. Someone will play who we really don’t expect. It is the way it works.

Newcastle have basically picked the same side for weeks and they players look like they are done. Eddie says no one else when they have first team defenders on the bench who could play. Whereas RDZ picks two defenders and then gross and Hinshelwood to go with them because Veltman needed a rest. Backs his players.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Surely you start with the strongest available starting 11 then replace accordingly throughout the game when we are 2 or 3 nil up?... 😁

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
I thought he looked fresh and lively on Wednesday, almost back to his best. I didn't see any concerns that suggest he should have been taken off, looked as fit as anyone at the end of the game.

What did you see that was different?

He said himself that he was not supposed to have played for full minutes against Brentford.

Do you mean that like RDZ, irrespective of his conditions, he should resume to play for 90mins every match, every 3days because he does not complain, or hasn't seriously got injured? See if RDZ again overplays Mitoma against Burnley and expects him to play for 90mins+ against Marseille & Arsenal next week.

One wonders whether RDZ's ability is so limited (or a lack of confidence?) that he is unable to change formation/tactics to accommodate players available in hand, but so rigidly stick to one system that he feels the need of playing the same players, irrespective of their conditions, whether it be Mitoma, Adingra, Gross, or Dunk, for full 90mins every match.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

So every post (30 or so) you have made since joining in September has been about Mitoma, your belief that Mitoma has been abused or slagging of RdZ. Got it.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
He said himself that he was not supposed to have played for full minutes against Brentford.

Do you mean that like RDZ, irrespective of his conditions, he should resume to play for 90mins every match, every 3days because he does not complain, or hasn't seriously got injured? See if RDZ again overplays Mitoma against Burnley and expects him to play for 90mins+ against Marseille & Arsenal next week.

One wonders whether RDZ's ability is so limited (or a lack of confidence?) that he is unable to change formation/tactics to accommodate players available in hand, but so rigidly stick to one system that he feels the need of playing the same players, irrespective of their conditions, whether it be Mitoma, Adingra, Gross, or Dunk, for full 90mins every match.
I smell Palace.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Verbruggen;
Veltman, Dunk, Igor, Milner;
Gross, Dahoud, Gilmour;
Adingra, Ferguson, Mitoma.

Subs: Steele, van Hecke, Hinshelwood, Baleba, Moder, Lallana, Joao Pedro, BBB, O’Mahony.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I'm pretty sure RDZ's ability is fantastic. Mitoma is an amazing physical specimen, he's played almost 90 minutes of every game since he joined us and last months injury was the first he'd had, and one he's got over very quickly. I'm not at all surprised that he's ahead of schedule on his recovery.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
———————Verbruggen——————
Veltman——-Dunk———Igor———Groß
——————Moder—Dahoud—————
Baker-Boaity—--Lallana————Mitoma
———————Ferguson———————

Moder has to get a start at some point. Perhaps against a bottom 3 today?

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
I'm pretty sure RDZ's ability is fantastic. Mitoma is an amazing physical specimen, he's played almost 90 minutes of every game since he joined us and last months injury was the first he'd had, and one he's got over very quickly. I'm not at all surprised that he's ahead of schedule on his recovery.

You seem to have forgotten that RDZ ignored his conditions and played him for 90mins+ just before the International. It was JFA that stepped in, and stopped RDZ from exploiting him, otherwise RDZ would have insisted on playing him.
Against Brentford RDZ ignored advice again and used him for full mins. I cannot but think something is wrong with RDZ.

Please tell me why he is so obsessed. A lack of confidence in himself, or other players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here