Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Ajax?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
IF he continues with giving the goalkeepers two games each, then Steele will be in goal for this game.

Steele

Milner
Van Hecke
Dunk
Veltman (on left)

Gilmour
Gross

Adingra
Fati
Mitoma

Pedro

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
At this stage I never want to see Milner in an Albion shirt again, I'm hoping he makes me eat my words but I wont hold my breath. Veltman is an absolute shoe-in against his former club. I would bring Van Hecke in at CB and shift Igor over to LB as he has more experience than JP on the left hand side.

--------- Verbruggen

Veltman - JPvH - Dunk - Igor

- Gross - Baleba---Gilmour

—-- Fati—------ Mitoma

---------- Pedro

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Probably unlikely but wonder if the current injury crisis at LB might eventually prompt RDZ to change formation and go to three at the back? Something like this:

---------------------------Verbruggen------------------------------

--------------Van Hecke------Dunk--------Igor--------------------

Veltman--------------------Baleba-------------------------Mitoma

--------------------Gross---------------Gilmour--------------------

------------------------------Fati------------------------------------

----------------------------Ferguson--------------------------------

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Despite Saturday, I would start Milner at left back as I really want us to go with Dunk and Igor as first choice CB's from now on so don't want to move Igor to LB and we have no other option. Hopefully Mitoma will offer more protection than Adingra did on Saturday and we're playing a poor Ajax, not the best team in the world this time. Plus, Milner being the professional he is, will not want to repeat Saturday.

Professional pride isn't going to make him run any faster.

Believe me, I don't want Milner starting at full back ever ideally but we don't really have any other options. Plus he did a decent enough job against Luton and Wolves and Ajax are closer to their standard than Man City.
Honestly - he didn't. We just got away with it, because Luton are shit are Wolves missed a load of chances.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Professional pride isn't going to make him run any faster.

Honestly - he didn't. We just got away with it, because Luton are shit are Wolves missed a load of chances.
I agree he wasn't great but he did a passable job and Ajax are not much better than those sides so he won't be as exposed as he was on Saturday.

As I say, I really don't want him there, but who else have we got if Pervis, Lamptey and March are out? I think the club were naive not bringing in more full backs in the summer knowing Lamptey's injury record.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ajax have big big pace upfront and could expose us on the counter. Need to be very careful. They have been woeful in the league but looked pretty good against Marseille and AEK, albeit with an absolutely pitiful defence.

On the left wing Carlos Roberto Forbs Borges(!) Signed in the summer From man city is rapid. And bergwijn will cause us problems if we go too gung ho.

Whatever happens we should outscore them :) and it could be an absolute classic as neither team can defend

Jimmy Grimble

Be helpful if Lallana could contribute some meaningful minutes. The one game he did we beat Man U. Warmed the bench in the last two Prem games so must be ready?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Be helpful if Lallana could contribute some meaningful minutes. The one game he did we beat Man U. Warmed the bench in the last two Prem games so must be ready?
Yer that's really frustrating he's so good usually when he plays. Unfortunately when he came on Vs Chelsea recently he barely looked like he could barely even walk. Fingers crossed for Thursday.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was - Adingra was equally if not more culpable in our right-sided issues.
Agreed. When March plays on the right, he gives much better support for whoever is playing RB. Similarly, Mitoma is not as good at defending and we are often more vulnerable down that side.

Yer that's really frustrating he's so good usually when he plays. Unfortunately when he came on Vs Chelsea recently he barely looked like he could barely even walk. Fingers crossed for Thursday.
That was absolutely shocking to watch, it was like watching Clive Dunn trying to close down players, am wondering if the end is nigh for him

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Does anyone have a clue how Ajax usually set up?
Speedy wingers? Big target men? Play on the break? Who their main threats are?
I know nothing about them apart from the fact that they are currently struggling and the fanbase are very unhappy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here