Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Ajax?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
They played a side who hadn’t won all season and still lost. Saying that in true Albion fashion we will either win handsomely or make them look like prime Barca.
Agree but whatever recent results there forwards capable of giving lots of problems

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Are open training sessions mid season a common thing? Especially just before a big European game…

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We've got a few players missing, but we're not at crisis point and should be able to field a pretty strong line-up, with some decent players to come on later. I think Ferguson should be used off the bench at the moment, also from RDZ's comments after Man City Milner will be playing tomorrow. My guess:

Steele
Veltman-Van Hecke-Dunk-Milner
Gross-Gilmour
Adringa-Pedro-Mitoma
Fati
Subs: Verbruggen, Webster, Igor, Baleba, Dahoud, Buonanotte, Ferguson

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So from what their caretaker manager has said in the press conference I would guess they are gonna park the bus tomorrow. Which is bloody typical as literally no Ajax team in history would go down this route! And as we all know this is the best way to play us.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like that you've cogently argued an unpopular opinion. Maybe more will come round to your view after the match on Thursday.

That said. I'm still unpersuaded. Like many I hope that Lamptey will be the selection rabbit out of the hat, but even if he is, we'll have to rotate someone else in for some upcoming games.

My thoughts is the the primary role of a full back is to not be dribbled around easily. I'm not sure Julio will do any better than Milner and Gross showed he's clearly not a full back on Saturday.

If they are on their wrong side, we can work around that. If they are not a natural defender, well that's a risk, but an acceptable one. Your suggested Gross as full back, but what about Gilmour? (I mentioned it earlier in the thread). He's at least competitive speed-wise, likes a tackle, probably wasn't going to start in CM anyway, has decent football intelligence. He's also is a fine passer and good on the ball under pressure, so no style change needed. He could play right back, which I think he did at home for a while in the Luton game. Veltman shunts across to the left?

As you also said, far from ideal that we're having this conversation in the first place.
I think he justified mine and RDZ’s faith in him! Good performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here