Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team/captain for Saturdays game against Leicester

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don’t think we can go 3 at the back with no Dunk or Webster but I also really don’t want Bong starting so would risk starting March at left back and seeing how he gets on. Would try a fluid 4-5-1/4-4-2 and assume Trossard is fit:

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy - CAPTAIN
Burn
March

Alzate
Stephens
Propper
Mooy

Maupay
Trossard (Gross if injured)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to Lawro’s prediction this week :smile:

I won’t even try and guess the team or the formation but I hope this is a game we look back on call GP a tactical and motivational genius :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lol.....Leicester are on a fine run....scoring plenty..frugal defence..so much pace...I just think they will overrun us...still looking forward to it though

I hate it when the Albion get outclassed, I’m an archetypal non-Corinthian Spirit sore loser.

I’m that rare breed that left when Bmuff tucked away their third at the Amex. But then discovered there were 15,000+ others with me on 70 minutes, also non-Corinthians.

Whereas you applauded their 4th and 5th. A gent.
Sometimes you've just got to own it.

I agree with Lanie, I believe this is going to be one of those times.

It won't stop me being excited for the game.
It won't stop me enjoying the game.
It won't stop me supporting the team.

But what a schooling on Saturday will do is stop me losing my shite about it, from 5 o'clock onwards.
Unless of course the team commits professional suicide with 3 sendings off after their 3rd goal inside the first 20 minutes. :lol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Selection criteria

I’m assuming Connolly out and Trossard only ready for a late cameo

Formation = 3 at the back helps us hide a shortage of recognised defenders. It also makes more sense if we don’t have Connolly / Trossard to only have 3 central attacking players

Defence = Duffy to act as the “sweeper” centre back to counter Leicester’s movement. Yes we’re vulnerable to the counter attack without Dunk and Webster, but we have little choice.

Midfield = Alzate likely to replace Propper on the hour due to their international exertions.

Up front = Big pressure on Maupay’s hold up play. Murray likely to get on the pitch later in the game

Ryan
Balogun Duffy Burn
Montoya Stephens Propper March
Gross Mooy
Maupay

Button, Schelotto, Baluta, Bissouma, Alzate, Trossard, Murray

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Looking forward to Lawro’s prediction this week :smile:

I won’t even try and guess the team or the formation but I hope this is a game we look back on call GP a tactical and motivational genius :thumbsup:

Hmmm me too, but l'm prepared to be disappointed, Leicester really are on fire at the moment.

As for the title of this thread . . . Isn't Sale Stephens our vice captain?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Captain, a leader on and off the pitch, someone who sets a great example and shows those around how to behave and lead the right life expected of a professional footballer ......

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Sometimes you've just got to own it.

I agree with Lanie, I believe this is going to be one of those times.

It won't stop me being excited for the game.
It won't stop me enjoying the game.
It won't stop me supporting the team.

But what a schooling on Saturday will do is stop me losing my shite about it, from 5 o'clock onwards.
Unless of course the team commits professional suicide with 3 sendings off after their 3rd goal inside the first 20 minutes. :lol:

Yeah I agree.

I don't mind getting trounced as long as we put a shift in.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ryan
Balogun - Duffy - Burn
Montoya - Stephens (C) - Propper - March
Gross - Maupay - Trossard

Subs: Button, Schelotto, Bissouma, Mooy, Alzate, Connolly, Murray​

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can see some sort of wired formation being played back 3, 4 just in front 2 of them in freer roles and mupaay up top. Sit deeper than we have done previously stop the pace of Vardy Barnes and Perez and still try and out number them across the middle of the park 4v3. Try stop Maddison and Tielmans picking up to much space as well. Biggest worry Chilwell and Barnes on a side against Montoya. Could be an absolute horror show in the making. Only alternative to that is put Alzate out there and put Mooy on in the middle as well
Going to go with
Ryan

Duffy Balogun Burn

Montoya March
Stephens
Alzate Propper Gross

Mupaay

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ryan
Balogun Duffy Burn
Schelotto Stephens Propper March
Gross/Alzate Mooy
Maupay

We have to have pace in the side because Leicester have it to burn. Schelotto and March at wing-back are therefore a must. Alzate might be tired after his trip back from the USA but if he's good to go, we'll need his energy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ryan
Balogun Duffy Burn
Schelotto Stephens Propper March
Gross/Alzate Mooy
Maupay

We have to have pace in the side because Leicester have it to burn. Schelotto and March at wing-back are therefore a must. Alzate might be tired after his trip back from the USA but if he's good to go, we'll need his energy.

I'll be honest - that side scares the shit out of me, and not in a good way.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can see some sort of wired formation being played back 3, 4 just in front 2 of them in freer roles and mupaay up top. Sit deeper than we have done previously stop the pace of Vardy Barnes and Perez and still try and out number them across the middle of the park 4v3. Try stop Maddison and Tielmans picking up to much space as well. Biggest worry Chilwell and Barnes on a side against Montoya. Could be an absolute horror show in the making. Only alternative to that is put Alzate out there and put Mooy on in the middle as well
Going to go with
Ryan

Duffy Balogun Burn

Montoya March
Stephens
Alzate Propper Gross

Mupaay
I’m talking to you, but everyone really. We’re sh****** it way too much.

Yes the players you mentioned are very good players on blistering form, but at home, we’ve already some very decent players from playing, Kane, Son etc

We need to also be thinking about how we can hurt them, rather than just damage limitation.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'll be honest - that side scares the shit out of me, and not in a good way.

Me too! But I think something radical might be required in this one. At least I don't think our heads will drop the way Southampton's did against Leicester.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Changes needed, big decisions for GP.

I’d go with:

———————Ryan———————
——-Balogun—Duffy—-Burn————
Montoya——————————March
————Stephens—-Pröpper———-
——Groß—————————Mooy—
———————Maupay——————-

Subs.

Button
Baluta
Schelotto
Bernardo or Bong
Alzate
Jahanbaksh
Murray

I think Vardy would be very happy with that back line but then again we don't have much in the way of options

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Potter just said that Trossard is fit, and Webster - back in training today - has a chance. So.

Ryan
Duffy - Webster - Burn
Montoya - Stephens - Propper - March
Trossard - Gross
Maupay​

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I’d go with:

———————Ryan———————
Montoya——————————March
——Groß—————————Mooy—
———————Maupay——————-

Subs.

Button
Baluta
Schelotto
Bernardo or Bong
Alzate
Jahanbaksh
Murray

Bissouma and Trossard could be fit enough for a place on the bench, but I don't know about Bernardo ?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

I’d go with:

———————Ryan———————
Montoya——————————March
——Groß—————————Mooy—
———————Maupay——————-

Subs.