Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team/captain for Saturdays game against Leicester

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Havent been impressed with Webster, as he has cost us a number of goals by his mistakes but with Dunk out he may be needed and a possible improvement on Balogun.

That number being 1, and that was when he gave away a penalty after a heavy touch.

All players suffer from the odd heavy touch, he just got punished more than most. Hardly a reason to be unimpressed by his generally impressive step up to premier league football.

Interestingly, EPL stats have him at 0 for errors leading to a goal. Not sure of their criteria.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Should we bother turning up? State of some of you, grow a backbone!! I hope the players don’t have this attitude.
LCFC have scored more than twice in an EPL game only 3 times this season. +14 of their +21 goals have come in 2 games.
They are in rich form but that can change, Spurs had an off day because they were under par but we harried the f*** out of them and we passed the ball superbly that day.
I agree we need to play very well today to get anything but Leicester are NOT Liverpool or City. I think it will be a close game.

On another note I seriously dislike that scrote Vardy, snide ******, I would not be unhappy if one of ours went through him today (don’t want a red though obv!!!)

I don't think it's about growing some backbone to say today will be tough and we'll have to play very well to get anything from the game. I hope we do, and confident that we will give them a good game, but I won't piss my pants if we do lose today (unless it's because of some shyte var decision or something)

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Should we bother turning up? State of some of you, grow a backbone!! I hope the players don’t have this attitude.
LCFC have scored more than twice in an EPL game only 3 times this season. +14 of their +21 goals have come in 2 games.
They are in rich form but that can change, Spurs had an off day because they were under par but we harried the f*** out of them and we passed the ball superbly that day.
I agree we need to play very well today to get anything but Leicester are NOT Liverpool or City. I think it will be a close game.

On another note I seriously dislike that scrote Vardy, snide ******, I would not be unhappy if one of ours went through him today (don’t want a red though obv!!!)

I wouldn't mind Vardy leading our front line :wink:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Our performance only looked that good because Tottenham were absolutely appalling. Watford would have easily beaten them that day.

It takes 2 teams to make a match. Tottenham were poor but even an off-form Spurs have the ability to beat us. Albion were superb and made them look absolutely appalling. That's how it works.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Most peoples team selection have us with a back three and wing backs or 3-4-3 etc but have we not mostly been playing with more of a back 4 with Burn on the left? I haven't been able to watch us live much recently cos of work but I must confess to being a bit confused as to our formation sometimes.....
surely our back line will be Montoya, Duffy, Webster and Burn assuming Webster is fit?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Comfortable LCFC win today. Pace everywhere, a great attacking coach, Tielemans, Vardy, Ricardo, Maddison, Chilwell, Ndidi will show us up as PL bottom half fodder. IMHO. Not a slight on the excellent Graham Potter, it’s just that we’re light years behind their buying of top players.

Pray that we don’t have a man sent off ..... Stains 0 LCFC 9.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Comfortable LCFC win today. Pace everywhere, a great attacking coach, Tielemans, Vardy, Ricardo, Maddison, Chilwell, Ndidi will show us up as PL bottom half fodder. IMHO. Not a slight on the excellent Graham Potter, it’s just that we’re light years behind their buying of top players.

Pray that we don’t have a man sent off ..... Stains 0 LCFC 9.

What you are saying is Potter really has to earn his salt today even to get close.???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Havent been impressed with Webster, as he has cost us a number of goals by his mistakes but with Dunk out he may be needed and a possible improvement on Balogun.

Webster looks like the OK replacement for Bruno to me.

Balogun is one mistake per game so far.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What you are saying is Potter really has to earn his salt today even to get close.???

To me he’s earned his salt already. If he manages to get us any points today, then he’s even further ahead in his progression, than I imagined possible at this stage.

I watch LCFC quite a bit on the box, they’re exceptional, brimming with fast internationals, quality defenders, deserving their top 4 place. For those without Sky/BT Sport, they’re in for a shock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here