Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team/captain for Saturdays game against Leicester

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Changes needed, big decisions for GP.

I think Potter will roll the dice and change formation too. But maybe more of a 3-4-3 with a surprise starter!

————————Ryan———————
——Balogun——Duffy——-Burn———-
Montoya—-Stephens—Pröpper—March
-Jahanbakhsh—Maupay—-Alzate———

Subs.

Button
Băluță
Schelotto
Bong
Groß
Mooy
Murray

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whether it be cricket, football or rugby union, unlike me, you’re an eternal pre-match optimistic ... kudos.

Why the opposite this time for an Amex match, it’s unlike you?

Lol.....Leicester are on a fine run....scoring plenty..frugal defence..so much pace...I just think they will overrun us...still looking forward to it though

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Then Stephens after Duffy's sent off?

Sure.

But after his performance against Man Utd where the ref let him off a second yellow on two or three occasions because he felt sorry for him for playing so badly, it’ll probably be Stephens off first!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lol.....Leicester are on a fine run....scoring plenty..frugal defence..so much pace...I just think they will overrun us...still looking forward to it though

I hate it when the Albion get outclassed, I’m an archetypal non-Corinthian Spirit sore loser.

I’m that rare breed that left when Bmuff tucked away their third at the Amex. But then discovered there were 15,000+ others with me on 70 minutes, also non-Corinthians.

Whereas you applauded their 4th and 5th. A gent.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Captain Alireza Jahanbakhsh, finally restored to the line up to the delight of everyone - he'll be cheered off to a standing ovation and will hand over the captain's armband to a freshly bald Martin Montoya, finally ready to become the new Bruno. Beard pending growth.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hate it when the Albion get outclassed, I’m an archetypal non-Corinthian Spirit sore loser.

I’m that rare breed that left when Bmuff tucked away their third at the Amex. But then discovered there were 15,000+ others with me on 70 minutes, also non-Corinthians.

Whereas you applauded their 4th and 5th. A gent.

Lol...I’m not that happy when at FT all the noise is coming from the away end ...detest it

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Assuming Trossard, Connolly and Bernardo are injured:

Ryan
Montoya Duffy Burn Bong
Stephens Propper
Gross Mooy March
Maupay

Button, Schelotto, Balogen, Bissouma, Alzate, Ali J, Murray.

I quite like that team. It might work against a currently rampant and pacy Leicester. Bong is solid defending but is limited going forward but he won’t be doing that anyway on Saturday. March is disciplined enough to help Bong protect that side whilst having a bit of a threat going forward.

Mooy has got a point to prove and Gross is coming back into the team too.

I’m still a bit scared we’re going to get a pasting, though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’d be amazed if we started with a paceless back three of Burn, Balogun and Duffy against Vardy. My bet is Potter will surprise us with someone like Roberts.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I quite like that team. It might work against a currently rampant and pacy Leicester. Bong is solid defending but is limited going forward but he won’t be doing that anyway on Saturday. March is disciplined enough to help Bong protect that side whilst having a bit of a threat going forward.

Mooy has got a point to prove and Gross is coming back into the team too.

I’m still a bit scared we’re going to get a pasting, though.

We need to win the midfield, hence packing it a bit and denying them space, I expect our back 4 and Stephens/Propper to play slightly deeper than we’re used to at the Amex, without Webster and Dunk we can’t play a high line. Mooy is deceptively quick and mobile, Gross works his socks off, so does March and Maupay. We need to be compact without the ball and that front 4 needs to be very fluid when we have it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At least you found the car park or train station empty, by the time you’d very warmly applauded Eddie Howe off.

I was already home, listening to a season and CH defining Radio Sussex phone in.

You should have a look at the Bridge car park an hour after the game....far from empty :(

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I’d be amazed if we started with a paceless back three of Burn, Balogun and Duffy against Vardy. My bet is Potter will surprise us with someone like Roberts.

He went off injured against Leyton Orient two weeks ago (which is why, I suspect, he wasn't in the England U-18 squad over the international break as he has become a fixture at international level).

Not sure he's available yet - we'll find out on Friday or Saturday (or both).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Changes needed, big decisions for GP.

I’d go with:

———————Ryan———————
——-Balogun—Duffy—-Burn————
Montoya——————————March
————Stephens—-Pröpper———-
——Groß—————————Mooy—
———————Maupay——————-