Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor already ignoring new guidelines

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He chooses not to go to games yet just pick holes in opinions on here. On the tv you prob didn’t see the 3-4 off the ball ‘injuries’ West Ham had then suddenly recovered from - whilst Taylor delayed the game 30 secs. He fell for everything is all I said - yet posters jump on it and take it wrong. He was shockingly naive and shit.
Are you saying Mourhino had a point 🤣

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I ran a stopwatch on the second half out of interest and, allowing for restarts, subs and the most obvious West Ham timewasting, it came out almost exactly the same as his time-keeping. He actually played about 10-15 seconds more.

Agree that the first half stoppage time felt short.

Overall though I felt there was a clear, positive effect from the clampdown on time-wasting. They got away with very little. Last season in tht scenario where we were always chasing the game, there’d have been long stoppages every couple of minutes and lots of feigned injuries.
Think you
Need a new stopwatch. They wasted 2 mins each goal, 4 substitutions, plus their players feigning injury and their blantent time wasting at goal kicks, should have been 9/10 mins. Ref was very poor, but not why we lost though.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Just watching MOTD. Notice how Attwell manages to give the big decisions to the "big" home team just like he did for Spurs last season. An identical foul to the one on Solly unsurprisingly this time brings a foul and red card for Man U and a far less blatant pen than our 3 last season is given. Terrible terrible ref.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Think you
Need a new stopwatch. They wasted 2 mins each goal, 4 substitutions, plus their players feigning injury and their blantent time wasting at goal kicks, should have been 9/10 mins. Ref was very poor, but not why we lost though.
Stopwatch works fine. I stopped it for all of that. Surprised me too as I thought he’d underestimated the first half.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think the ref was THAT bad but he didn’t give us much, I put our loss down to defensive errors, great defending by West Ham, great finishing by them and a ball that bounced very kindly for them most of the game. Shit happens.

If Taylor had given pens for the tackle on Mitoma and the hand ball I doubt VAR would have overturned it but neither were nailed on errors, more interpretation.
Suggest you watch it back.

They were nailed on errors.

Agree it wasn’t the reason we lost, I attribute it as much to poor finishing as poor defending. The way we play this will happen a lot, as we are so high and so committed, we are very open.

Wolves exploited it twice in the first half but couldn’t finish.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Good to see the ref thread started early. Warms me 'eart. I'm not sure the West Ham delays have been quite in card territory, although probably not far off.

Not sure why Paqueta went down holding his face though ? Was he stung by a bee ?
Looking closely at it,it appears a blade of grass bought him badly on his face. Must of been painful!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I ran a stopwatch on the second half out of interest and, allowing for restarts, subs and the most obvious West Ham timewasting, it came out almost exactly the same as his time-keeping. He actually played about 10-15 seconds more.

Agree that the first half stoppage time felt short.

Overall though I felt there was a clear, positive effect from the clampdown on time-wasting. They got away with very little. Last season in tht scenario where we were always chasing the game, there’d have been long stoppages every couple of minutes and lots of feigned injuries.
Agreed, I didn't think...

- West Ham were that bad on timewasting
- Taylor was that bad on timekeeping

Certainly last season, as you say, they'd have really milked it once in the lead, but teams know that they can't get away with that now.

And pretty much every time they did go down "injured", Taylor refused to allow the trainers on and told them to get up and get on with it.

Six minutes did feel short to me, but the was only gut feel. I was sitting there thinking "at the next game, I'm going to use the stopwatch on my phone and see what I come up with".

We have to remember that the rules are not intended to have 45 minutes of ball in play each half, and I'm also aware that when we're behind and I'm feeling frustrated every second of non-play feels like about an hour! I just want them to "GET ON WITH IT!"

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Agreed, I didn't think...

- West Ham were that bad on timewasting
- Taylor was that bad on timekeeping

Certainly last season, as you say, they'd have really milked it once in the lead, but teams know that they can't get away with that now.

And pretty much every time they did go down "injured", Taylor refused to allow the trainers on and told them to get up and get on with it.

Six minutes did feel short to me, but the was only gut feel. I was sitting there thinking "at the next game, I'm going to use the stopwatch on my phone and see what I come up with".

We have to remember that the rules are not intended to have 45 minutes of ball in play each half, and I'm also aware that when we're behind and I'm feeling frustrated every second of non-play feels like about an hour! I just want them to "GET ON WITH IT!"
Exactly this. It was miles better than last season. People have short memories of just how bad that had become. The good thing yesterday was there didn’t have to be 10 minutes plus of stoppage time because the rash of yellow cards in previous weeks had an effect on behaviour. It wasn’t because he forgot to add on another 5 minutes.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
More irritated by the stomewall (under current interpretation) handball in the second half.

Odd that when our players can't avoid a handball it's an immediate penalty, but our opponents have them waved away.

Presumably Mike Dean was on VAR and tbought Taylor had taken enough abuse for one game.
Yep, identical to the pen decision against Dunk vs Luton I thought. Mind you, correct decision this time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Suggest you watch it back.

They were nailed on errors.

Agree it wasn’t the reason we lost, I attribute it as much to poor finishing as poor defending. The way we play this will happen a lot, as we are so high and so committed, we are very open.

Wolves exploited it twice in the first half but couldn’t finish.
I am away so was watching on TV, and saw a number of replays. I would have given both but they were not glaring errors so I kind of get why VAR didn’t intervene. If it had been us committing the fouls then yes of course both would have been given as pens, and VAR would not have overturned either. Frustrating but we suck it up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am away so was watching on TV, and saw a number of replays. I would have given both but they were not glaring errors so I kind of get why VAR didn’t intervene. If it had been us committing the fouls then yes of course both would have been given as pens, and VAR would not have overturned either. Frustrating but we suck it up.
Will have to disagree with you on this 😃
In my mind, one is a trip and very similar to Leicester where we received an apology, and the handball, well judging by consistency alone, it has to be given, but the intervention prevents the ball going into the box, so therefore prevents a potential opportunity.

I’d have given them both, though wouldn’t have given the shove on Estupinan

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will have to disagree with you on this 😃
In my mind, one is a trip and very similar to Leicester where we received an apology, and the handball, well judging by consistency alone, it has to be given, but the intervention prevents the ball going into the box, so therefore prevents a potential opportunity.

I’d have given them both, though wouldn’t have given the shove on Estupinan
I am trying to be pragmatic and not whingy :smile:

The handball did deny a potential opportunity but his hand was in a totally natural position when falling. Dunk last week was obviously a deliberate handball as he has eyes in his back, apparently :lolol: No consistency at all but we are used to being on the wrong end of that, live with it :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am trying to be pragmatic and not whingy :smile:

The handball did deny a potential opportunity but his hand was in a totally natural position when falling. Dunk last week was obviously a deliberate handball as he has eyes in his back, apparently :lolol: No consistency at all but we are used to being on the wrong end of that, live with it :smile:
But we’re a big club now 😂👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here