Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tattoo

SteveU

May 31, 2022
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, you snowflake, just pointing out that what you wrote isn't clear and you appeared to be declaring yourself homophobic. :shrug:
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, you snowflake, just pointing out that what you wrote isn't clear and you appeared to be declaring yourself homophobic. :shrug:

Snowflake? 😂

I’ve explained my ‘faux pas’ already.

Wasted time exchanging with someone waiting to jump on a technicality. Cest la vie.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
IMG_1069.jpeg

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Tattoos are for sailors and people who work at fairgrounds (generally standing around on the back of a dodgem).

Hope this helps.
Bit of a generalisation there.............I was in the RN (a sailor, as you so elequently put it !) and after 12 years and after visits to the Far East and the West Indies.....sometimes very pissed up, did not succumb to the tattoo artist...............perhaps you should add police officers to your agenda, of both sexes ?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Two things I always consider important when getting a tattoo- make sure you can cover it up if ever needed? and make sure it’s original? I’ve a large number of tattoos which I have never regretted having. They were carefully designed by myself and the tattooist and have taken many many hours with multiple visits over many years. The same artist has done all the work. Do not get a tattoo that’s in fashion because one day it won’t be. Tribal stuff, stars up the back of the neck etc all look a bit shit now. Anyway- that’s my opinion. For what it’s worth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit of a generalisation there.............I was in the RN (a sailor, as you so elequently put it !) and after 12 years and after visits to the Far East and the West Indies.....sometimes very pissed up, did not succumb to the tattoo artist...............perhaps you should add police officers to your agenda, of both sexes ?
Lighten up champ. Nobody's being serious x

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Your body so don't be influenced by others opinions. I'm mid 40s and don't regret mine and will go back under the needle too.
Just make sure you go to a decent artist and ideally get some recommendations.
Share your ideas/requirements with the artist and they will come up with the design.
I known I said ignore opinions but I'd never get one above shoulder level. Still all down to what you want though.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
This hasn't turned into a Pompey forum, has it? :wozza:

You're not allowed into Fratton Park without one.
That’s because tats were only for sailors I believe up until about 1990.

Still don’t really understand why people think permanently marking their skin is a good idea but each to their own I suppose .

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Oh yeah the wrist sucks. Elbow isn't much fun either.

Ribs I've considered. I quite like the trend (probably old trend by now) American college students had of getting the outline of their home state tattooed on their ribs. I thought about getting the outline of Sussex done, which would double up as my BHA tat.
Sole of the feet.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Saw an amazing pic of an octopus tattoo the other day, incredible artistry and realism. I don't have tatts, have been tempted in the past, the one drawback for me is - do they not all fade/does any tatt not fade and look tired and old after a time?
You can get them touched up. Mines fading so looking to get it done.

Attachments

• 20230613_211348.jpg
    20230613_211348.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Your body so don't be influenced by others opinions. I'm mid 40s and don't regret mine and will go back under the needle too.
Just make sure you go to a decent artist and ideally get some recommendations.
Share your ideas/requirements with the artist and they will come up with the design.
I known I said ignore opinions but I'd never get one above shoulder level. Still all down to what you want though.
I agree with this. I spent a lot f back and forth with my artist and they made some very helpful suggestions. He took my ideas and gave me feedback but ultimately left it up to me as to what I wanted. He took my ideas and made them brilliant (In my opinion).

I only have 2. One I got at 18 which is ok. I wouldn’t say I regret it but it isn’t the best it could be. I did it without much thinking.
I started my sleeve a few months ago when I turned 40 having thought about what I wanted for a good few years. It’s personal to me. I’m sure there will be people who don’t like it and people who think it’s cool. As I’ve got older, I don't really care what other people think. It’s my arm and I absolutely love it. But it can be covered with long sleeves if needed. I have no issue with people who don’t like tattoos. I don’t like mushrooms. We’re all different.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I get it.

I wanted one when I was younger, but couldn't decide on anything that I could live with forever, aside BHA/LAmbretta

as I progressed from teens to twenties, I saw loads of crap tattoo's on mates and people my ages, as well as old washed out ones on ex military, mostly Navy guys at work . . . . . The longer it went on, the less I wanted one.

I now know people spending a lot more having them removed, or covering up things they're not quite so keen on.

knew a guy who had OI! Strength thru and skinhead boy/girls all over him. Was a mellow bloke in later life . . . . Different drugs 😂
I’m the same - couldn’t decide on a tattoo that I could live with forever and was put off by some of the sights in Sunday football changing rooms, including a hunting scene tattoo on a guy’s back-side with the fox disappearing up his anus. Apologies if this has upset any anti fox hunters.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I had mine done at Rock Steady in Worthing. Sent them an email detailing what I wanted, they then let me know which artist would be best. Happy with what I have, they are also honest if they think the design works or not.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Honestly. This site cracks me up. Sections of it falling over themselves to be inclusive and respect people’s life choices etc and the same people not shy of calling people out for having tattoos. The irony is mad.

Let people live their lives the way they want, don’t jump on the current band wagon.
What if the way someone wants to live their life is as a current bandwagon jumper?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Had my first one about 30 odd years ago, Albion badge on upper arm, and a second one of Freddie Mercury about 20 years ago on other upper arm. Probably about time for a third now 😂

Only time I regretted them was on holiday and some random northern neanderthal spotted the Brighton one and said “oi are you a poofter”, then spotted the Freddie one and followed it up with “oh Christ you really are a poofter” :tosser:

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I expect he was a bit,walking around in a frock in those days would of courted all sorts of nasty jibes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had my first one about 30 odd years ago, Albion badge on upper arm, and a second one of Freddie Mercury about 20 years ago on other upper arm. Probably about time for a third now 😂

Only time I regretted them was on holiday and some random northern neanderthal spotted the Brighton one and said “oi are you a poofter”, then spotted the Freddie one and followed it up with “oh Christ you really are a poofter” :tosser:
If I’d got a club badge tattoo when I was in my late teens I’d have been stuck with a Spurs one for life :eek:

It would have been a classic case of act in haste repent at leisure :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here