Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tattoo

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Honestly. This site cracks me up. Sections of it falling over themselves to be inclusive and respect people’s life choices etc and the same people not shy of calling people out for having tattoos. The irony is mad.

Let people live their lives the way they want, don’t jump on the current band wagon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not bothered about tattoos either way, but investment opportunity ?

Tattoo removal parlours, you heard it here first :wink:
My son who got a tattoo at 19 was investigating with a mate about starting exactly that when he was 25, as he regretted it and felt sure others would feel the same. He didn’t ever get it off the ground and he still has the tattoo but he regrets getting it. :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Honestly. This site cracks me up. Sections of it falling over themselves to be inclusive and respect people’s life choices etc and the same people not shy of calling people out for having tattoos. The irony is mad.

Let people live their lives the way they want, don’t jump on the current band wagon.
So having an opinion is a no no, either way???

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saw an amazing pic of an octopus tattoo the other day, incredible artistry and realism. I don't have tatts, have been tempted in the past, the one drawback for me is - do they not all fade/does any tatt not fade and look tired and old after a time?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think I'm the only person on the planet who likes neck tatts like the one sported by the Man City keeper, real 'Mexican cartel' stuff. Not such a good look on a pasty white Englishman though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I think I get the point you're making but being inclusive and respectful of people's choices doesn't preclude you from having an opinion on it. Icy (and others in this thread that have done so) is perfectly within their rights to express that they don't like tattoos.

The difference, for me, comes when people veer into disrespect or other unpleasantness.. Were Icy to say "having a tattoo makes you a scumbag and you should be persecuted" then that's a whole different thing.

Nobody on this thread, as far as I can see, has been disrespectful. Just a peaceful sharing of opinions.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Saw an amazing pic of an octopus tattoo the other day, incredible artistry and realism. I don't have tatts, have been tempted in the past, the one drawback for me is - do they not all fade/does any tatt not fade and look tired and old after a time?
Colouring does fade over time especially if exposed to the sun for long periods.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
I think I get the point you're making but being inclusive and respectful of people's choices doesn't preclude you from having an opinion on it. Icy (and others in this thread that have done so) is perfectly within their rights to express that they don't like tattoos.

The difference, for me, comes when people veer into disrespect or other unpleasantness.. Were Icy to say "having a tattoo makes you a scumbag and you should be persecuted" then that's a whole different thing.

Nobody on this thread, as far as I can see, has been disrespectful. Just a peaceful sharing of opinions.
I get what you are saying, I guess that I’m just of the opinion that I don’t comment if it’s to judge people for their life choices. Yes, I have more than a few tattoos. This may be controversial but I wouldn’t post on here saying I don’t like gay people or it’s weird. For the record I don’t, just making a comparison.

I guess it’s the way the world has gone. Bit of a shame as I and many others have been judged for having tattoos when it has zero impact on what type of person and character I am.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
I’m not 100% sure what point you’re making, does read as if you are making it to everyone on the thread IMO
Everyone is welcome to read it, it’s a forum. It is, of course only aimed at those who do genuinely believe that tattooed men and women should be treated any differently.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Everyone is welcome to read it, it’s a forum. It is, of course only aimed at those who do genuinely believe that tattooed men and women should be treated any differently.
Apologies, I think I misunderstood the inclusive and band wagon parts :thumbsup:

Dec 29, 2011
I get what you are saying, I guess that I’m just of the opinion that I don’t comment if it’s to judge people for their life choices. Yes, I have more than a few tattoos. This may be controversial but I wouldn’t post on here saying I don’t like gay people or it’s weird. For the record I don’t, just making a comparison.

I guess it’s the way the world has gone. Bit of a shame as I and many others have been judged for having tattoos when it has zero impact on what type of person and character I am.
Although I agree with the sentiment (live and let live), you must see there is a difference between criticism of one's sexual orientation and ones tattoo choice. For starters, sexual orientation isn't a choice.

On the whole, people are entitled to their opinions on tattoos but why do they think other people want to hear said opinions?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Something like this.... but possibly without the silly hat and unpleasant waistcoat.

1686680041087.png

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Although I agree with the sentiment (live and let live), you must see there is a difference between criticism of one's sexual orientation and ones tattoo choice. For starters, sexual orientation isn't a choice.

On the whole, people are entitled to their opinions on tattoos but why do they think other people want to hear said opinions?
I understand that completely. I just have difficulty with people judging people through their choices, whatever they maybe. Be that choices or sexual orientations.

Supposed to be the most non judgemental, inclusive club and city until it comes to the crunch. It’s the 21st century FFS.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Surely you can see that’s not the point I’m making?
I get it.

I wanted one when I was younger, but couldn't decide on anything that I could live with forever, aside BHA/LAmbretta

as I progressed from teens to twenties, I saw loads of crap tattoo's on mates and people my ages, as well as old washed out ones on ex military, mostly Navy guys at work . . . . . The longer it went on, the less I wanted one.

I now know people spending a lot more having them removed, or covering up things they're not quite so keen on.

knew a guy who had OI! Strength thru and skinhead boy/girls all over him. Was a mellow bloke in later life . . . . Different drugs 😂

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
There you go jumping on the bandwagon. 100% proves my point. It’s clear what I meant and if not my tone should make it obvious.
I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, you snowflake, just pointing out that what you wrote isn't clear and you appeared to be declaring yourself homophobic. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here