Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He didn’t look great as a right wing back for most of the first half.

When we moved to an orthodox back 4 and he played as an advanced winger after the break, he did look quality.

We played a bizarre formation first half, leaving enormous gaps between the defenders, which City were bound to exploit, and did. I don't think I'd say that Solly was playing RWB at that point though but, then again, ascertaining precisely what position each of the players had been assigned in the first half isn't the easiest of tasks.

Lallana apart, I didn’t think any of our team covered themselves in glory in the first half.

Agreed. Lallana was my MotM, because he was good in both halves. Only Cucurella can also make that claim.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We played a bizarre formation first half, leaving enormous gaps between the defenders, which City were bound to exploit, and did. I don't think I'd say that Solly was playing RWB at that point though but, then again, ascertaining precisely what position each of the players had been assigned in the first half isn't the easiest of tasks.

Agreed. Lallana was my MotM, because he was good in both halves. Only Cucurella can also make that claim.

I agree, Lallana was outstanding. He really needs a holding midfielder like Bissouma to work by though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think Tariq will start against Newcastle next week.

Final game before a 2 week international break ( again,FFS,) and he absolutely ripped Saint- Maximo a new one last season. So much so S-M feigned injury and went off before halftime.
He probably still has nightmares about Tariq.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Get this lad a contract extension and make him the highest paid player at the club - mustard. The excellent delivery once again, and some of the fouls he won late on to take the pressure off us were sublime

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I loved him battling in the box at one of their corners up against a 6 foot 4 giant!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Changed the game when he came on, turned us (and them) around

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just a little genius. Very excited to see how develops- almost certainly playing much higher up the field.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
When he plays high up the field he reminds me of Raheem Stirling. Not just the physical attributes but his whole persona. He gets battered and bounces back. Terrorises defenders with his pace who then have to resort to fouling. The Leeds fullback getting subbed at H/T a prime example.
He really is a special player and the fact he came to us to get more playing time speaks volumes. This is one intelligent guy who knows where he is going.
Good luck to him, it has been a pleasure to see him in the stripes. I will enjoy him while I can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here