[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir-Len

Oct 28, 2012
Berkshire
We’re going to lose him at some point soon, if we did sell to Spurs perhaps we could look to include Matt Doherty as part of the fee to maximise our value and get a consistent performer in return capable of assists and goals. Not as exciting but down the pecking order at Spurs and always caught the eye when playing for Wolves. Would he consider a #teamlikeBrighton?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would he be a loss? Don't get me wrong, he is an exciting player, drives us forward. But our record with him in the team isn't great. For 2019/20 he made 11 league appearances and we won two games (the run included failing to beat west brom, fulham, burnley). This season he as made 9 premier league appearences and we've won none of them (including games v newcastle, norwich, leeds). His first half season with us he made 8 appearances, we beat relegated Norwich and beat burnley in the meaningless last game of the season.

Much like Vicente, a great footballer, but one with whom we have worse results when they play.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
We’re going to lose him at some point soon, if we did sell to Spurs perhaps we could look to include Matt Doherty as part of the fee to maximise our value and get a consistent performer in return capable of assists and goals. Not as exciting but down the pecking order at Spurs and always caught the eye when playing for Wolves. Would he consider a #teamlikeBrighton?

Exactly my thoughts re Doherty. Would much rather keep Lamptey, though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would he be a loss? Don't get me wrong, he is an exciting player, drives us forward. But our record with him in the team isn't great. For 2019/20 he made 11 league appearances and we won two games (the run included failing to beat west brom, fulham, burnley). This season he as made 9 premier league appearences and we've won none of them (including games v newcastle, norwich, leeds). His first half season with us he made 8 appearances, we beat relegated Norwich and beat burnley in the meaningless last game of the season.

Much like Vicente, a great footballer, but one with whom we have worse results when they play.

I'm not too sure I could cope with Mr A.N.Other-Fan getting the same euphoria I have as Tariq blasts past.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

I've been thinking that recently. Maybe we rely on that side of the pitch too much. But we are scoring less and actually creating less since he returned.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The young lad is gold dust. As soon as he was take off last night we lost momentum last night

Chelsea will be kicking themselves, just hope we can hang onto him, such an exciting player...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The young lad is gold dust. As soon as he was take off last night we lost momentum last night

Chelsea will be kicking themselves, just hope we can hang onto him, such an exciting player...

Apart from when we scored... (I know what you meant!).

Kicking themselves, but I feel that the reason he was taken off is because their players seemed to be kicking HIM at every opportunity. Could've ended up with a nasty injury from one of those goons.

Amazing talent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still getting back to full fitness and I imagine he was only played last night as a starter because it was Chelsea. Expect to see him on the bench on Sunday. Can’t see us entertaining a January transfer either

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Him and Cucu are the talk of the town. We’ve done very well here. He just looks so good. Although when he goes in full sprint mode. My anxiety levels go through the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think any move for Tariq for the money it'd take for us to let him go is a huge risk with his injuries so far. He has only just come back from them and starting games so would seem a huge gamble for Spurs who generally are risk averse with transfers

Yep. Michael Owen. 158 goals in his first 216 games. Seven seasons. In the following 9 seasons, 64 goals. Ruined by injury.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
For those suggesting we might be worse when he plays, ponder on this.

If he was an opposition player, would you be more relieved if he wasn't announced in the starting 11 an hour before the game, or if he was?

If you're honest, you have to say relieved if he doesn't play. He is so damn fast that he is a threat to any side, at any time. That's why teams try to kick him off the pitch. Rudiger was all for executing him last night, but failed when he went a bit early with the hit.

We're a more dangerous side with him playing - but we don't always finish our chances. That's not down to Tariq.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I saw yet another comment on a Chelsea forum about a buyback clause. Many of them can’t process the strong position we were in when he signed and how much he wanted away from them. Contract run right down and an offer from a French club. Chelsea were just happy with the 4 million quid (or whatever it was) as it was better than the **** all they would have got a few months later. If any Chelski fans are reading this I hope I have explained it in simple enough words for you.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Still getting back to full fitness and I imagine he was only played last night as a starter because it was Chelsea. Expect to see him on the bench on Sunday. Can’t see us entertaining a January transfer either

Agree, not happening in January. Would imagine it wont even happen in the summer, think he'll stick around for another year. Brighton are going to lose some key players this summer so I'm pretty sure TB will keep the ones with long contracts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports