Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Every time I look at him I can't help but think he must be on holiday with his mum and dad ! He looks about 14.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

When l was 14 and went on holiday with mum and dad, I stayed in a bloody beach hut in bloody Bournemouth, not the five star luxury all singing all dancing establishment in LA that our Tariq is doubtless enjoying.

How times change. Mind you it could have had a lot to do with our bank balance though. :(

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would he of turned his back on England forever, if they weren't pretty much nailed on?

I hope so but they are bringing in a lot of “new” players very late in the day. Tough to accommodate them all & certain to cause some upset among the existing squad so going to be tough to manage

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Definitely looks like Lamptey has lost a lot of pace, certainly ‘getting up to speed’ rather than when up to speed

[tweet]1544588881210884096[/tweet]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Definitely looks like Lamptey has lost a lot of pace, certainly ‘getting up to speed’ rather than when up to speed

[tweet]1544588881210884096[/tweet]

I dont think you can tell much if anything from that really, March timed his running better. Though you can't see the entire foot, it does look like Tariq starts on his heels both times while Solly starts from a sprinter positioning.

Think from what we saw last season that we can quite safely say that Tariq lost a bit of pace and he most likely won't ever be as quick as before his injury - he was inhumanely quick but his body is human and that mix had consequences.

Still a quick player though and with plenty of other qualities besides his pace.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'd say pretty good with Hughton advising Ghana and 'helping' Tariq make up his mind!

Was agreed several months ago. Took a long time for the paperwork to get done.

There's about 6 players around the world changing over to Ghana - None of them guaranteed a place at the World Cup. One of the stipulations in place by Ghana FA was that they make themselves available for the AFCON matches. Their place at the World Cup will be determined how they perform during the AFCON matches.

Apparently he is a really nice intelligent intillectual bloke.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Was agreed several months ago. Took a long time for the paperwork to get done.

There's about 6 players around the world changing over to Ghana - None of them guaranteed a place at the World Cup. One of the stipulations in place by Ghana FA was that they make themselves available for the AFCON matches. Their place at the World Cup will be determined how they perform during the AFCON matches.

Apparently he is a really nice intelligent intillectual bloke.

Intillectual you say? :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here