Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lamptey only played about 10 games before he got injured; White wasn't ignored and made the Euro squad; Dunk had already been considered and he didn't seem to fancy him; March is a good squad player for a mid-table PL team but not England quality. The only player that could realistically had a call up was Webster, but even he had a couple of periods off with injury in 20/21 and hadn't quite reached the levels we saw from him during the season just gone (prior to injury).

Lamptey may have only played 11 games in the 20/21 season, but there were 3 international breaks in that time. Admittedly, there is a lot of competition in that role.
Solly was having his best season at the time. Whilst you may not rate him, there weren't many English left backs out-performing him at that point.

Dunk and Webster are two of the best English Centre-backs in the division.
It is odd that they have both been overlooked, when so many others have had repeated call ups.
There does seem to be a bit of a blind-spot, especially considering the sheer volume of meaningless matches available to try out players.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lamptey may have only played 11 games in the 20/21 season, but there were 3 international breaks in that time. Admittedly, there is a lot of competition in that role.
Solly was having his best season at the time. Whilst you may not rate him, there weren't many English left backs out-performing him at that point.

Dunk and Webster are two of the best English Centre-backs in the division.
It is odd that they have both been overlooked, when so many others have had repeated call ups.
There does seem to be a bit of a blind-spot, especially considering the sheer volume of meaningless matches available to try out players.

Dunk was just a bit too old for the way Southgate was trying to build when his real chance came. He's been unfortunate not to be called up though.

Webster isnt consistant enough and makes too many mistakes to be considered. No issue with Southgate on this. If he can be consistently as good as he sometimes is then has a shout. He's not a million miles away but I wouldn't trust him at a WC yet.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Dunk was just a bit too old for the way Southgate was trying to build when his real chance came. He's been unfortunate not to be called up though.

Webster isnt consistant enough and makes too many mistakes to be considered. No issue with Southgate on this. If he can be consistently as good as he sometimes is then has a shout. He's not a million miles away but I wouldn't trust him at a WC yet.

Sure I don't disagree, but have Guehi/Coady/Mings been out-performing or more consistent, than Webster?

Personally I am perfectly happy with our players being overlooked this season.
The more of our players having a mid-winter break, whilst the other clubs best players, are over-extending themselves in Qatar, the better

I'm hoping Lamptey forgets this Ghana thing and focusses on having a fantastic season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Webster was being seriously considered for the England squad due to be called up in March 2021, unfortunately he picked up an injury at the start of Feb against Burnley that ruled him out for 2 months so he was unavailable for that squad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Every time I look at him I can't help but think he must be on holiday with his mum and dad ! He looks about 14.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
His dad is a cool looking dude.

k40eVk3.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Apparently not!

[tweet]1541365837180944389[/tweet]

Ha ! shows what i know. They normally come in on a Thursday to do their post break fitness check ups but not this year. Presumably cos of the world cup etc throwing everything out of wack.
Lamptey back and fit it appears too ! and was that Florin Andone and new Nike training kit (can we put that debate to rest now ? )

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ha ! shows what i know. They normally come in on a Thursday to do their post break fitness check ups but not this year. Presumably cos of the world cup etc throwing everything out of wack.
Lamptey back and fit it appears too ! and was that Florin Andone and new Nike training kit (can we put that debate to rest now ? )

Yep that was definitely Andone getting a hug from Solly, seemed pleased to see each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here