Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think that both Stephens and Propper are quite physical and put themselves about and get tackles in, sometimes illegally.

Really? Stephens very occasionally and Propper never, we don't have a midfield enforcer and we desperately need one

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re Lamptey, who I'm sure had many offers, I like to think that Tomori gave us a glowing report. It's a small world, and sometimes being nice guys works in your favour.

To a youngster I imagine the size of the pay packet beats nice guys to work for.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
A signing of sorts I suppose, but why am l seriously underwhelmed?

Yes, why are you?

Looks like a great signing to me. Young, talented, keen to play (very good sign he was up for the move from Chelsea), huge potential, reasonably priced.

Of course it's not the mythical 20 goal/season, PL experienced, 6 foot 4 striker that so many people seem to think is hanging around the training complex desperate to sign for us and waiting for our recruitment team to notice him...But that hasn't happened yet. Because of the 'mythical' bit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, why are you?

Looks like a great signing to me. Young, talented, keen to play (very good sign he was up for the move from Chelsea), huge potential, reasonably priced.

Of course it's not the mythical 20 goal/season, PL experienced, 6 foot 4 striker that so many people seem to think is hanging around the training complex desperate to sign for us and waiting for our recruitment team to notice him...But that hasn't happened yet. Because of the 'mythical' bit.

Well, quite.

The sort of striker NSC wants to see simply does not exist. But this kid is decent and real long term investment by the club, as is MacAllister.

I am a little concerned that we will need to see some fight and bottle to stay up this season and an experienced head coming in to the club might have helped with this, but essentially we are moving to a focus on youth to shore up our future. Even if we go down this season that is a future that will look rosy if we can develop young players and either have them fire us back up or sell them on for a profit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, why are you?

Young player turns down a deal at a big club because his way to the first team is blocked, so signs for a smaller team where he'll get game time................................

........................wonder if he's had a chat with Taylor Richards yet?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

You're right...... Just saw Michael Owen hanging about, but he can't even be 6 foot, the timewaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here