Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
One way or another, the days of the Propper / Stephens midfield axis look numbered. I'd like to see a midfield of Mooy, Propper, MacAllister and Alzate with Dunk and Duffy behind, Bernardo and Lamptey getting forward, Silky Dave and Maupay the deadly partnership upfront.

Only probs with that midfield 4 is a bit of a lack of steel in there. Mooy is quite physical, but he's better in advanced positions. Alzate, Macalister and Propper are all a bit lightweight physically?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only probs with that midfield 4 is a bit of a lack of steel in there. Mooy is quite physical, but he's better in advanced positions. Alzate, Macalister and Propper are all a bit lightweight physically?
Know nothing about MacAllister, but Alzate seems perfectly capable of giving as good as he gets.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One way or another, the days of the Propper / Stephens midfield axis look numbered. I'd like to see a midfield of Mooy, Propper, MacAllister and Alzate with Dunk and Duffy behind, Bernardo and Lamptey getting forward, Silky Dave and Maupay the deadly partnership upfront.

**** me. There are a few singings there I missed after dinner this evening. What was I thinking?

Do you have Andone coming on during the second half, riding forth from the treatment room on the back of Shergar, perchance? ???

Stumpy Tim

Propper ísn´t lightweight, far from it. He´s really adapted to the English game.

Alzate and Propper holding, with Trossard, Mooy and MacAlister playing behind Maupay is the way to go IMO

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England youth over the last few years seems to have produced a lot of decent forwards and right backs, but not a whole lot else.

So Mr Southgate will be calling him up before Dunk gets another chance in defence.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Propper ísn´t lightweight, far from it. He´s really adapted to the English game.

Alzate and Propper holding, with Trossard, Mooy and MacAlister playing behind Maupay is the way to go IMO

Yes. The striker thing is a bit of a red herring.

Albion's goals total is on a par, give or take one, or better than, all of the lower half bar one.

27 goals from 13 players.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes. The striker thing is a bit of a red herring.

Albion's goals total is on a par, give or take one, or better than, all of the lower half bar one.

27 goals from 13 players.

Yes and no

Comparable to teams in the lower half yes..... but we have missed ALOT of chances in crucial games.

Personally I think our problem is behind Maupay we have a lack of players in any kind of form and we don’t get enough goals from midfield.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes and no

Comparable to teams in the lower half yes..... but we have missed ALOT of chances in crucial games.

Personally I think our problem is behind Maupay we have a lack of players in any kind of form and we don’t get enough goals from midfield.

But what the hell happens in all this if Maupay is injured? We'd be well and truly stuffed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes and no

Quite. It's no good getting +3 v Spurs if we're going to lose to Villa, Saints and Bournemouth.........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Simple you use Alzate as a super sub to come on when Stephens and Propper have roughed up the opposition midfield rather than start him and him struggle with the physical side of the game. Use his ball playing ability to our best advantage and in the same time at Lancing teach him how to shoot with either foot.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Simple you use Alzate as a super sub to come on when Stephens and Propper have roughed up the opposition midfield rather than start him and him struggle with the physical side of the game. Use his ball playing ability to our best advantage and in the same time at Lancing teach him how to shoot with either foot.

Can't quite remember the last time I saw Propper "rough someone up"

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Have you been on the sauce?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here