[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If he carries on like he's started, we'll be getting offers that we and he simply won't be able to refuse next summer, possibly even in January. Playing like he is, there isn't a club in the World that wouldn't be improved by his presence, including Chelsea (oops). It'll be a real test of Tony's resolve if we get a massive offer for him. And a real test of Lamptey's ego. Potter states that he's humble and just wants to learn; if he maintains that attitude it'll be remarkable.

In the meantime, I plan to simply watch in awe as he starts to challenge Wardy for the position of 'most exciting player I've ever seen play for the Albion'. We're not going to get the longevity of Wardy out of Lamptey (imo), but boy is he good.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The big difference is Mr Tumble falls over before he's touched-Lamptey skips around the hackers or knocks them down. He's tiny but looks tough as nails.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

As well as getting up quickly from some fairly nasty hacks (yes you, Shelvey, for example), the way he turned and shrugged Saint-Maximin off to the ground on Sunday and left him squealing on his arse on the turf showed how tough he is........

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Watched MoTD2 several times. The kid can play. Box office gold. Government needs to cancel all flights to Ghana whilst Gareth gets a shift on and drives him up to St George’s to sign papers fast.

Would rather have the uninjured/uncorrupted version so let him play for Ghana and keep him away from the toxic elements in Gareth's squad. I'm sure he'll play better without the slappers and Albanian gangsters in his life.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If he carries on like he's started, we'll be getting offers that we and he simply won't be able to refuse next summer, possibly even in January. Playing like he is, there isn't a club in the World that wouldn't be improved by his presence, including Chelsea (oops). It'll be a real test of Tony's resolve if we get a massive offer for him. And a real test of Lamptey's ego. Potter states that he's humble and just wants to learn; if he maintains that attitude it'll be remarkable.

In the meantime, I plan to simply watch in awe as he starts to challenge Wardy for the position of 'most exciting player I've ever seen play for the Albion'. We're not going to get the longevity of Wardy out of Lamptey (imo), but boy is he good.

What level of transfer fee would you feel we 'won't be able to refuse', as we've proven pretty adept at refusing offers for Ben White and probably others recently? I do agree, he's exceptional, and we need to enjoy him whilst he's here.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Watched MoTD2 several times. The kid can play. Box office gold. Government needs to cancel all flights to Ghana whilst Gareth gets a shift on and drives him up to St George’s to sign papers fast.

Southgate would never pick him while he plays for us. He’d be better off playing for Ghana.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Biggest worries:

- he attracts nasty fouls as the opposition want to put a marker down on him or they're just late on him (as he flies past): he could get badly injured

- will I ever get to actually see him play in person? (ie - before a bigger club buy him and before fans are back)

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Biggest worries:

- he attracts nasty fouls as the opposition want to put a marker down on him or they're just late on him (as he flies past): he could get badly injured

- will I ever get to actually see him play in person? (ie - before a bigger club buy him and before fans are back)

FWIW,
For question 1, I'd like to think that the refs/VAR, utter crap as they, will protect him to a large extent. But I think because he
is so quick, there'll be a lot of yellow cards from players fouling taking him out late.

For question 2, if he keeps playing the way it is, the question I believe will boil down to whether we get back to the Amex before
next May. Otherwise, I fear we'll be watching him playing for Man U.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can’t recall in my 44 years of support, a better Albion signing, making a devastating impact in so many games.

Regardless of the Reece James argument, Lampard and his colleagues made a blunder in allowing him to leave imho. I know he wanted first team football, but did they choose the wrong player?

Agree. KLL is the only one close albeit at a much lower level.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What level of transfer fee would you feel we 'won't be able to refuse', as we've proven pretty adept at refusing offers for Ben White and probably others recently? I do agree, he's exceptional, and we need to enjoy him whilst he's here.

My draft post had a number, which I then edited out, like the coward I am.

That number was £60m. I do think he could be worth that in 12 months if he carries on like he's started.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

That number was £60m. I do think he could be worth that in 12 months if he carries on like he's started.

Agreed. Showing far more potential than ****-Bassaka

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So the 'small club ultras' are back to sell off an assist the moment he shows an ounce of promise.

Chelsea have a decent sell on clause.
I'd rather the club gave him to Arbroath than gave Chelsea a single unearned penny.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
FWIW,
For question 1, I'd like to think that the refs/VAR, utter crap as they, will protect him to a large extent. But I think because he
is so quick, there'll be a lot of yellow cards from players fouling taking him out late.

For question 2, if he keeps playing the way it is, the question I believe will boil down to whether we get back to the Amex before
next May. Otherwise, I fear we'll be watching him playing for Man U.

Don't you worry about Man U. Their approach of tell everybody who they want to sign to unsettle a player, then offer millions less than his value, won't trouble our executive team in the slightest.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

In ordinary times, on his trajectory, in 12 months, £40m + would need to be offered as an opening gambit just to get a conversation started IMO and £50m-£60m would not be out of the question. However, all clubs are taking a big hit with Covid-19 of course so the market might be a bit subdued for a while. Even the usual bit hitters might have to tighten their belts. Once it's all over it still could take a while for clubs to get back on their feet financially.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would be interested to know what he was on at Chelsea and what we are paying him now.

I would imagine Chelsea pay north of £20k a week even for their youth players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would be interested to know what he was on at Chelsea and what we are paying him now.

I would imagine Chelsea pay north of £20k a week even for their youth players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's a 'how much?' figure, but I'd be amazed if it was that high.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tariq's 'basic' wage, despite being on the other side, is still closer to £20k than his Chelsea wage.

But assuming there is appearance, clean sheet and win money to be made, he's waving goodbye to 'only' £20k a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports