Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Appears that there is a sell on clause in his contract. Not sure of the %.

Source: The Athletic

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

I was looking earlier for the clip against Jamie Vardy, where he beats him to the ball, turns him and then accelerates away from him, couldn't find it anywhere, this one you've posted seems to be the most recent as it includes yesterday. I'm amazed none of these clips include that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Loving The Athletic et al saying words to the effect of:-

'He's a marked man, he's gonna have to get used to the rough stuff'.

Judging by that video Taeiq has been booted up in the air since he was knee height to Dan Burn.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I love that third gif!

Saint-Maximin is thinking...”maybe I can nip in here”, and Tariq is like... “Get f*cked” and body checks him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Loving The Athletic et al saying words to the effect of:-

'He's a marked man, he's gonna have to get used to the rough stuff'.

Judging by that video Taeiq has been booted up in the air since he was knee height to Dan Burn.

I don’t think he IS knee-height to Dan Burn.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I was looking earlier for the clip against Jamie Vardy, where he beats him to the ball, turns him and then accelerates away from him, couldn't find it anywhere, this one you've posted seems to be the most recent as it includes yesterday. I'm amazed none of these clips include that.

I doubt we have the technology yet to be able to capture that sort of speed. It would just come out as a blur.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else on here got 'Lamptey 2' on a shirt for their child?!!

We all knew how brilliant he was ever since he joined us, and my 9 year old son is like a pig in sh1t having chosen Lamptey 2 for his new home replica kit the week it came out. :albion2:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I've been trying to think of an Albion player that has been consistently such a joy to watch.

And he's yet to notch up 1000 minutes of senior football.

If you can't get any pleasure from watching Lamptey play then football probably isn't for you.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I’m really enjoying the sprint race Miffy’s 5th clip.

Jamal Lewis is a very quick player and was closer to the ball when the race begun but my word, when Lamptey hit the turbo boost button, he was always going to lose the race and took a yellow as he picked the same option as other Toon players of just hacking the Brighton player down.

We’ve got to get used to the idea that Tariq is going to get a good kicking in most matches, I kind of relate to Palace & Zaha on this.
The big difference is Mr Tumble falls over before he's touched-Lamptey skips around the hackers or knocks them down. He's tiny but looks tough as nails.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone else on here got 'Lamptey 2' on a shirt for their child?!!

We all knew how brilliant he was ever since he joined us, and my 9 year old son is like a pig in sh1t having chosen Lamptey 2 for his new home replica kit the week it came out. :albion2:

DX0HZTC.jpg

An even prounder mum and dad :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Watched MoTD2 several times. The kid can play. Box office gold. Government needs to cancel all flights to Ghana whilst Gareth gets a shift on and drives him up to St George’s to sign papers fast.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
From 1:00:

I realise many of the clips were U18’s, but he’s destroying Barca and Ajax youth prodigies for fun.

Early days, but we have a great footballer.

Watching that, you just feel sorry for opposing players. Blokes past ‘em and away before they’ve even tried to foul him!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watched MoTD2 several times. The kid can play. Box office gold. Government needs to cancel all flights to Ghana whilst Gareth gets a shift on and drives him up to St George’s to sign papers fast.

I can’t recall in my 44 years of support, a better Albion signing, making a devastating impact in so many games.

Regardless of the Reece James argument, Lampard and his colleagues made a blunder in allowing him to leave imho. I know he wanted first team football, but did they choose the wrong player?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
It's quite simple, he wanted to go and was at end of contract in June anyway. Think Chelsea did not want him to leave, so not a matter of letting him go, he wanted to go to improve his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here