Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Gotta keep the tradition alive. Special mention to Ben for his sexy pass in the fourth clip. :clap2:

LAMP2.gif

LAMP3.gif

LAMP1.gif

LAMP4.gif

LAMP5.gif

LAMP6.gif

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He’s also a perfect proof point for the argument that ‘if you come to Brighton, you’ll get a chance to play, and make a name for yourself’.

Along with homegrown prospects like Alzate and Connolly.

You’d hope this would be a factor in persuading the benchwarming likes of, say, Brewster and Sessegnon, to come here, but....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we probably haven’t made either of them an offer. I doubt we even want a left back with March/burn/Bernardo.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I’ve felt since the end of last season he’s too good to play wing back in some ways. I can see him moving up to a Sterling type role.

In fact a certain Gareth Bale started his career as a wing back.

At the moment Tariq is looking like a potential world class young talent. Lots can change, but I can’t remember being this excited about the raw potential of one of our players.

What? Defending is why he’s so devastating.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
See what your saying, but, by playing as a wing back or part of a 5 man midfield it stretches the opponents midfield. Most teams are playing with 3 or 4 across the middle because they don't have 3 decent centre backs. When their midfield gets stretched it allows space for our 3 central midfielders to control the centre as we did today. Hence the performances of Bissouma and Alzate.

On top of that, he's also a bloody good defender it seems. Tracks back very well and made some excellently timed tackles yesterday

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Rubbish. Most Chelsea fans can’t name their first eleven. Never mind youth academy. Nope, TL may be from Chelsea clay, but he was fired and made in Brighton.

Not true. Think you're just stereotyping chelsea fans as armchair supporters.

Chelsea fan I work with was well pissed off they let him go.

A very good mate who is STH since the 90s told me what a good player he is.

They both keep an eye on the youth team to see who's coming through, Chelsea fans are proud of their youth system.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An added bonus thanks to Young Master Lamptey.

Max Rushden (for obvious reasons) absolutely loves him, proper proper loves him.

So we'll never be last on The Guardian's Football Weekly podcast and he'll not have a bad word said against The Albion.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m really enjoying the sprint race Miffy’s 5th clip.

Jamal Lewis is a very quick player and was closer to the ball when the race begun but my word, when Lamptey hit the turbo boost button, he was always going to lose the race and took a yellow as he picked the same option as other Toon players of just hacking the Brighton player down.

We’ve got to get used to the idea that Tariq is going to get a good kicking in most matches, I kind of relate to Palace & Zaha on this.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
90% are plastic. And the rest are lying to themselves. Brighton have raised his profile more in a week than all his time at Chelsea, fans who cry wolf when they’ve already got the pick of both the worlds prospects and provens. Let him go, for £3 million, with much weeping, and drying of hankies as we ‘ripped’ him from their ‘bosom’ no doubt...BS! Plays for Brighton. Made in Brighton. Rescued from Chelsea. Who just spent £250 million and are arguing amongst selves how they still need reinforcements. Probably why never noticed TL hitching a ride from Cobham to Coldean. Now they’re claiming him as some long lost relative (but only after he won the lottery). Hmmmm.

Yep, you’re being just as much of an insufferable bellend as the Leeds fans who claim they made Ben White. Not a great look.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That is where we do need strengthening... our left side is decent in a defensive mode, but lacks any threat in attack,... March as seen yesterday, very rarely takes his oppo on, very rarely even attempts to put a cross in, and very rarely puts in a pass in a forward direction.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep, you’re being just as much of an insufferable bellend as the Leeds fans who claim they made Ben White. Not a great look.

Ok captain sensible. Or is it corporal ****?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wonder if Chelsea negotiated a sell on clause? He is such an exciting, busy tiger of a player. He has got it all.

Andy Naylor confirmed today, no buy back but there is a sell on fee.

Kind of surprising given he only had 6 months left on his contract but there we go

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gotta keep the tradition alive. Special mention to Ben for his sexy pass in the fourth clip. :clap2:

LAMP4.gif

Not just the pass, the whole move put together is sexier than Scarlett Johansson in a basque and fishnets whispering "come up to my boudoir, big boy" in your ear.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not just the pass, the whole move put together is sexier than Scarlett Johansson in a basque and fishnets whispering "come up to my boudoir, big boy" in your ear.

Are you really really sure about that?

Granted the whole move lasted longer than I would, but that's not my problem. :lol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I audibly groaned with pleasure at that White pass yesterday, like I'd just tasted my first spoonful of ice cream or something

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me waiting for [MENTION=13504]miffy6[/MENTION] to post the Gifs:-

giphy.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here