Votes: 84 28.0%
  • Agreed with the gesture to begin with but want it to stop now

Votes: 124 41.3%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Indeed.

And of course it must continue.

It's the gift (of flushing out the racists who can't stand it, or know how to contain themselves) that keeps on giving.

Live and let live, I say. I've got nothing against racists. There again, I wouldn't like one living next door to me. And it would be wrong to marry one. Not normal, is it?

I can imagine you standing in a queue to get ice cream, when a middle-aged white man with a Chelsea tattoo orders a vanilla Mr Whippy, and you hit the report button on the inside of your brown corduroy jacket, then four helicopters swoop down to corner this out and out racist.

:lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed.

And of course it must continue.

It's the gift (of flushing out the racists who can't stand it, or know how to contain themselves) that keeps on giving.

Live and let live, I say. I've got nothing against racists. There again, I wouldn't like one living next door to me. And it would be wrong to marry one. Not normal, is it?

It's not just the players taking the knee that flushes them out on matchday. Even a thread on a football message board about taking the knee still flushes out a few who don't know how else to express their anger :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's not just the players taking the knee that flushes them out on matchday. Even a thread on a football message board about taking the knee still flushes out a few who don't know how else to express their anger :lolol:

Not sure I agree. It’s been a decent discussion. The only problem is that it’s been done so many times now that it is about as interesting as Potter In/Out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Funny how there were no protests or riots in America when Lee Rigby was hacked to death in the street by two coloured men!

It probably didn't register that much on the radar in the USA. TBH I don't remember too many protests or riots in Britain about it either. A lot of disgust, but I think that anybody who didn't feel a bit of that needs to take along look at themselves.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Not sure I agree. It’s been a decent discussion. The only problem is that it’s been done so many times now that it is about as interesting as Potter In/Out.

Agreed,all,in all it’s been a decent discussion,conducted in the right way, refreshingly so I might add, of course,not every one will agree,that’s life...or so they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As a fan, to me it’s an element of tokenism, but at the same time it’s over in a couple of seconds and ultimately doesn’t change my ‘Matchday Experience’. As far as I’m concerned it’s a decision made by the players and they’re the ones who are subject to racist abuse, not me.

If it’s acceptable to boo the knee as an expression of free speech, then it’s also acceptable to boo the national anthem if you’re not a monarchist, and the two minute silence before a match on Remembrance Day. I wouldn’t do either of the latter two, therefore I wouldn’t boo the knee either.

Anyone advocating booing the knee should presumable respect someone booing the anthem/silence out of consistency, if they didn’t they would be hypocrites.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Funny how there were no protests or riots in America when Lee Rigby was hacked to death in the street by two coloured men !

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Americans rarely know what’s happening in the neighbouring State, let alone what’s happening 5000 miles away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think its run its course personally but if the players want to do it surely it's up to them?

Booing is just disgusting, rather like booing another countries national anthem it shows you for the ******** you are...

Those poppies every November: run its course . . . . .

It is on a par with that ???

The fact there is booing is reason to actively support its continuance.

I hope they carry on with it. Their choice of course. My feeling is, if they stop, the racists will say 'TFFT, they will never win' ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a fan, to me it’s an element of tokenism, but at the same time it’s over in a couple of seconds and ultimately doesn’t change my ‘Matchday Experience’. As far as I’m concerned it’s a decision made by the players and they’re the ones who are subject to racist abuse, not me.

If it’s acceptable to boo the knee as an expression of free speech, then it’s also acceptable to boo the national anthem if you’re not a monarchist, and the two minute silence before a match on Remembrance Day. I wouldn’t do either of the latter two, therefore I wouldn’t boo the knee either.

Anyone advocating booing the knee should presumable respect someone booing the anthem/silence out of consistency, if they didn’t they would be hypocrites.

This.

Can't see Das Reich shaking me warmly by the hand if I bood the two minute silence and the national anthem (not that I would) despite his (nauseating) advocacy of free speech. And let's not even get near a eulogy for Jihad. Free speech, my arse. What a feeble plum he is :shrug:

And....beautifully elaborated, El Pres. :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
While the players choose to do it they have my full support. It is really as simple as that.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd rather proven incidents of racism actually get dealt with properly by the football authorities, rather than meaningless match bans and fines. The Kick it Out Campaign feels like a tick box exercise to me. Same as the Respect campaign.

In cycling, there's a rider that has been involved in a racist incident and incidents of violence towards others riders in the pro peloton. He's still riding for the richest team in Pro cycling. The very same team he was riding for when he committed said offences. His career hasn't really been affected in any meaningful way at all. How does that work exactly?

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/03/gianni-moscon-bike-throw-kuurne-brussels-kuurne/

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It's nonsense, but I wouldn't boo it. However I do defend those that do their right to do so. It's a political statement and I don't want to see that at football. We go to football to be entertained not preached at. And it's not us they need to work on it's the football governing bodies. I don't think it does anything personally. Change is coming, it is just going to take time to be shown in manager positions, and those running football. But society will always have racists, I don't football is any worse than anywhere else. It is now getting to the point where it's just an irritant. How many players really want to do it? How many think it is stupid but feel they can't be standing out against it? It is the choreographed nature of it that gets me. The Premier League are saying do it, so they do it. I doubt there is very much personal choice in this.

why does it irritate you? 5 seconds?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
As with all these threads about the kneeling before games, it reads as "i'm not racist but..."

Why would you boo against anti racism and having equality?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Think it's probably time to draw a line under it - at the end of the Euros. By then it will have reached as many people - and neanderthals - on our European continent as its ever going to reach, and stimulated as much debate as its ever going to stimulate. The freaks booing the taking of the knee are probably already beyond convincing

if it's still going 5 or 10 years from now, it will be generating even more debate, with the added twist of "why is still necessary?"

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just because someone is sick of having opinions rammed down their throats at every opportunity going , doesnt mean they are racist.

does the severe damage to your health that smoking causes being rammed down your throat bother you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here