• Love it and long may it continue

Votes: 95 27.5%
  • Agreed with the gesture to begin with but want it to stop now

Votes: 132 38.2%

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If being sent nasty comments and monkey emojis to your Twitter account from anyone from around the globe is the epitome of vile racist discrimination in the U.K. these days then frankly I think this country is in a good place.

You are quite right about understanding lived experiences though, I do not have the lived experience of a multi millionaire footballer, with the privilege they must have in their lives, with their pimped up lambos, jeroboams of kristal, vintage petrus and 150k audemars piguets (probably provided free if they wear it on interviews). What a life.

The lived experience heirachy is interesting isn’t it, particularly in Manchester a city devastated by a terrorist attack a mere 3 years ago. No doubt those materially affected by that attack will accept that their lives are far better than a multi millionaire footballer being sent nasty messages on Twitter.

It’s not a straight financial value issue is it, it’s context. Zealots and extremists rarely do context, it’s why to them taking the knee is a binary issue.

You are really struggling here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Anyone that supports keeping politics out of sport has a justifiable claim to give these pampered kneeling privileged multi millionaires a good booing.

Talking about pampered privileged multi millionaires, congratulations on your Tory donor employer Sir Philip Hulme at Computacenter making £200m profit following being given contracts during Covid without a tender process. I'm sure those 50% profit rises will benefit middle management staff too in the form of bonuses and share options. No wonder the government has chosen this week not to implement the recommendations to boost education spending when there's so many worthier causes such as their donors to reward.

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/dfe-laptop-firm-profits-soar-by-nearly-50-to-207m/

Lovely jubbly.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Talking about pampered privileged multi millionaires, congratulations on your Tory donor employer Sir Philip Hulme at Computacenter making £200m profit following being given contracts during Covid without a tender process. I'm sure those 50% profit rises will benefit middle management staff too in the form of bonuses and share options. No wonder the government has chosen this week not to implement the recommendations to boost education spending when there's so many worthier causes such as their donors to reward.

Lovely jubbly.

You need to keep up you pound shop Sherlock, this is completely wrong I am afraid. This line of personal attack has been rolled out before from others, And I have refuted it before.

Not that I should have to. Frankly, what I do, or who I work for, or where I live, or what I wear for that matter should be of any interest to you (or anyone else) in responding to comments on a BLM debate.

I thought that bringing personal information like this into threads had recently been verboten, but maybe I am wrong.

Don’t forget to call me a racist next, that’s the current way to play the man when you can’t play the ball.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not a racist?

9223BB15-7EE5-4F86-BAC3-62BA9489666A.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Lovely jubbly.

What, even middle management (since when has Audit been middle management :lolol:) who encourage and partake in criminal activity and benefit fraud ???

The reality is at the moment the BBC are on the back foot, due to its prosecution practices. My old man is 90 and he is not paying his licence fee. I gave capita the green light to prosecute a year ago and not heard a thing since.

I told them separately 2 years ago I was unemployed, mental health issues etc. and they could prosecute me for non payment if they wanted and I have not heard a thing since.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You need to keep up you pound shop Sherlock, this is completely wrong I am afraid. This line of personal attack has been rolled out before from others, And I have refuted it before.

Not that I should have to. Frankly, what I do, or who I work for, or where I live, or what I wear for that matter should be of any interest to you (or anyone else) in responding to comments on a BLM debate.

I thought that bringing personal information like this into threads had recently been verboten, but maybe I am wrong.

Don’t forget to call me a racist next, that’s the current way to play the man when you can’t play the ball.

It's pretty hard to play the ball when there's no ball to play. BF has asked you how much money you need before racism shouldn't matter to you - you've not answered it properly. Last time round I asked what possible use monkey emojis could have - you didn't answer it.

No wonder people draw conclusions regarding your prejudices and resort to showing you up for the attention seeking, wind up merchant hypocrite that you are. Your "arguments" (when not copied and pasted) are debunked in two seconds flat.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Free speech
Regards
DF

**** off & die

It's pretty hard to play the ball when there's no ball to play. BF has asked you how much money you need before racism shouldn't matter to you - you've not answered it properly. Last time round I asked what possible use monkey emojis could have - you didn't answer it.

No wonder people draw conclusions regarding your prejudices and resort to showing you up for the attention seeking, wind up merchant hypocrite that you are. Your "arguments" (when not copied and pasted) are debunked in two seconds flat.

I think this thread is starting to turn nasty now, I was quite rightly banned for wishing another poster would enact on an emoji they posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think that when people start booing, those that are not booing should boo the booers. That'll sort it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think that when people start booing, those that are not booing should boo the booers. That'll sort it.

Is this a davie propper thing? Booooooooooooooooooo

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I think this thread is starting to turn nasty now, I was quite rightly banned for wishing another poster would enact on an emoji they posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And here was me thinking the nasty days of the bear pit were long gone.....seems some cannot help themselves [emoji849] telling another poster to foxtrot Oscar and die is very strong...very strong indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Happy for the players to do whatever they think is best. Neither here nor there for me. I support the anti-discrimination cause. There shouldn't be pressure or judgement though.

I don't know why some folk get so wound up about it. Some may think it identifies with a political movement. I don't think that is the intent.

I'm not sure this will survive the Bear Pit though. Reasonable discourse has a shelf limit on these threads.

I wish I'd written that well done.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
What, even middle management (since when has Audit been middle management :lolol:) who encourage and partake in criminal activity and benefit fraud ???

Another poor attempt at referencing my job, back to the drawing board with the others.

Non payment of licence fee has for all intents been decriminalised by the BBC for over 75s, that is a fact, and recently confirmed by the DG. The door is now open for other categories to be decriminalised, lovely jubbly Rodney.

Quite what this has with taking the knee is a mystery to me, you are not one of those posters that moan about threads being derailed are you?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
should be a new campaign that booing at anything is a racist act. Be nice to have a new campaign to campaign about

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

So speaks the self appointed supreme leader of the racist finder generals.

You must send me the rule book on how to respond to posts on NSC, especially the posts with questions like “what possible use do monkey emojis have”.

You know you will really need to ask someone else that question.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Funny how there were no protests or riots in America when Lee Rigby was hacked to death in the street by two coloured men !

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Well of course BLM started in the US but taking a knee in the UK is more a reminder of the continued everyday discrimination you will experience if you happen to be black. I mean if I were to call you stupid it would be because of what you say not because of what you look like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here