• No

Votes: 26 60.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
There's a very valid reason why not. It's just my opinion, but I don't see the point. Apart from being able to act superior in the future about being at the games as a baby, I really don't see who benefits. The parents will inevitably have to remove the baby at some point or another, missing the game, and the baby themselves won't understand what's going on. If the original starter of this thread thinks it is appropriate, then fair enough, that's his decision to make. I disagree with thinking there's nothing wrong with it, and I disagree with anyone who says they want to be near a baby at a football match.

It's another reason why I like the family stand at Withdean, you know not to sit there if you don't want to be around a lot of kids.

Or to put it another way .......you know to sit there if you don't want to be around a lot of retards from the f***ing stone age who don't like children being at football matches.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There's a very valid reason why not. It's just my opinion, but I don't see the point. Apart from being able to act superior in the future about being at the games as a baby, I really don't see who benefits. The parents will inevitably have to remove the baby at some point or another, missing the game, and the baby themselves won't understand what's going on. If the original starter of this thread thinks it is appropriate, then fair enough, that's his decision to make. I disagree with thinking there's nothing wrong with it, and I disagree with anyone who says they want to be near a baby at a football match.

It's another reason why I like the family stand at Withdean, you know not to sit there if you don't want to be around a lot of kids.

You really are an interesting individual. In my other post which you appear to have ignored, I explained a good reason why my wife took our 7 week old son to a game and that was because she wanted to go and as a fan of 20 years plus, why shouldn't she? But of course you don't feel she should so we all must bow to your opinion.

And as I stated nobody was negatively impacted by my sons attendance but perhaps you know better?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No it's not about tolerance. It's about not taking a baby into a football ground, it's inappropriate and unreasonable. I'm not the only person who thinks that, either, I'm just the only person saying it. It's not unreasonable to not want to sit near a baby at a football match. You can't help who you sit next/near to, it's a lottery and one of the things I genuinely like about football, it unites all people. But a baby? Come on, that's completely different and you shouldn't have to put up with that. Some dribbling moron who wants to see long ball football is completely different to a wailing child, that's the difference.

But you keep generalising, that's fine, it's common opinion aswell.

It's not a lottery. There's a family stand for kids so steer clear and you should be fine.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You really are an interesting individual. In my other post which you appear to have ignored, I explained a good reason why my wife took our 7 week old son to a game and that was because she wanted to go and as a fan of 20 years plus, why shouldn't she? But of course you don't feel she should so we all must bow to your opinion.

And as I stated nobody was negatively impacted by my sons attendance but perhaps you know better?

Forgive me for not replying to every individual post in a thread.
When have I said you shouldn't be allowed to? It's not my decision to make, at no point have I said it is, I'm voicing my opinion against babies at a football match. I feel it's a valid point, others disagree, that's life. Maybe I'll feel differently if I have kids in the future, we'll see.

It's not a lottery. There's a family stand for kids so steer clear and you should be fine.

Will do.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
:lol: I said in a post "Apart from being able to act all superior in the future about being at games as a baby", and that's a wonderful post to emphasise the point.

I'm not a miserable bastard, it's stupid to make such assumptions based on a thread. I'm not miserable at all, I'm just voicing an opinion on a subject. Kind of seems the point of this forum really.

It had f*** all to do with 'being able to act superior about being at games when he was a baby'. He just thinks it's pretty cool.

And I'm just voicing an opinion that, in my opinion, you are a miserable bastard. And yes it is the point of this forum.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Forgive me for not replying to every individual post in a thread.
When have I said you shouldn't be allowed to? It's not my decision to make, at no point have I said it is, I'm voicing my opinion against babies at a football match. I feel it's a valid point, others disagree, that's life. Maybe I'll feel differently if I have kids in the future, we'll see.

Will do.

But I've given you a valid reason as to why someone would take a baby when you earlier said there wasn't one. No wonder you didn't want to refer to it.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Personally, I have no interest in taking my 2 year old, or 7 month old.

I would rather meet up with my mates, have a few beers beforehand, and enjoy the football.

Although I would rather sit next to someone with a baby, than some of the idiots that frequent Withdean.

Each to there own.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So says the buffoon who's done more assuming on this thread than anybody else.

??? Alright then. I wonder why I didn't bother replying to your first musings?

It had f*** all to do with 'being able to act superior about being at games when he was a baby'. He just thinks it's pretty cool.

And I'm just voicing an opinion that, in my opinion, you are a miserable bastard. And yes it is the point of this forum.

It has alot to do with acting superior then. Miserable bastard signing off.

Stumpy Tim

It seems most people with kids think it's fine. That's probably because they/we realise that the first few months is the perfect time to do this. Babies simply shit, piss, sleep and eat. They also quite like noise. I would happily sit next to a baby under 6 months, but would be gutted to sit next to a 2 year old

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
It seems most people with kids think it's fine. That's probably because they/we realise that the first few months is the perfect time to do this. Babies simply shit, piss, sleep and eat. They also quite like noise. I would happily sit next to a baby under 6 months, but would be gutted to sit next to a 2 year old

I agree its the period between say 8 months and 2 years where they can be challenging. Beyond that it's a case by case basis. My eldest at 22 months would sit quietly on my lap. My youngest at the same age won't.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Indeed, this

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Ridiculous, babies should not be allowed into Falmer. Of course they shouldn't, it's not just about them or you, it's about the other people at the match. Babies will at some point or another get bored and make a fuss, you shouldn't have to put up with that at a football match.

Are you trying to take over the crown of the most miserable, moany git on NSC from Withdean wanderer, especially seeing as he seems to have disappeared?

There is a family stand at Falmer where kids of all ages can go and those fans who sit in that area know to expect this, why should they object to a baby?

Couldn't any young kid in the ground, (lets say from 1-5 for arguments sake) become bored during a game and "make a fuss" shouldn't they be allowed in either because people "shouldn't have to put up with that at a football match"? - do you propose a minimum age limit, and if so, what?

How about applying the old phrase that the moaners used to love to use at a lot at matches, "they've paid their money and can do what they like" - can't the parents who bring their babies use this too seeing as they will have paid to go?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I personally wouldn't do it regularly e.g session ticket- largely because of the weather, but I certainly don't see a problem with doing it occasionally in resonable weather to a game that shouldn't be to rough, i wouldn't think it was a great idea against millwall for instance. Personally I would love to sit next to a baby if only because at Falmer it will have to have a paid seat which means a bit of extra space next to me, plus if it's a boring game I can always talk to the baby!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Surely, though, you were lucky in that he slept for the game and didn't piss people off around him. I really fail to believe that there's many on here who could honestly say they wouldn't get pissed off with a baby 'acting up' somewhere around them. Although I agree with the point that a 2 year old would be far more annoying!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Saw some chick walking down the road today with a baby under her t-shirt giving it large on her tit ... don't wanna see that at footy. Tell the girlie to keep her tits hid unless she's a looker.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think this whole topic is irrelevant as I'm pretty sure I heard Hebberd say at our presentation that no child below the age of 2 would be allowed into Falmer. I remember telling my daughter that her 3-month-old would have to wait a couple of years before he could go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here