Votes: 17 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 60.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Unbelievable that anybody would even think of taking a baby or young child to a football match, it would be alarmed by the cheering and stamping of feet, also the temperature during winter months would be far from ideal.
In view of past actions Social Services could well take an interest

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Quite right. WE should also ban children, loud people, fatties, smelly folk, people with annoying foriegn or regional accents, people with annoying mobile ringtones and ethnic types.

Or we could SHUT THE f*** UP and let everyone who wants to, come and share it.

And what relevance did that little ramble have? None. What you've just posted has nothing to do with not thinking it right to take BABIES into football matches.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Quite right. WE should also ban children, loud people, fatties, smelly folk, people with annoying foriegn or regional accents, people with annoying mobile ringtones and ethnic types.

Or we could SHUT THE f*** UP and let everyone who wants to, come and share it.

And HKFC nails it!

A half and half scarf from the villa game should be his for post of the thread.

:lol:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Unbelievable that anybody would even think of taking a baby or young child to a football match, it would be alarmed by the cheering and stamping of feet, also the temperature during winter months would be far from ideal.
In view of past actions Social Services could well take an interest

You're talking bollocks IMO but just out of interest, what age do you think it's acceptable for a child to attend a professional football match?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And what relevance did that little ramble have? None. What you've just posted has nothing to do with not thinking it right to take BABIES into football matches.

You don't get it do you?

My eldest son went to his first game at 7 weeks. This was because his mother wanted to go to a game. I don't believe it affected anybody's enjoyment except maybe for the guy next to me who was smoking in the south stand and who was spotted by a steward whose attention was drawn to our area was because of my son being strapped to the front of his mother.:lol:

But your Ill found judgemental rant shows a complete lack of understanding. Clearly you are being prejudiced and hkfc has merely highlighted the weakness of your position.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
took our daughter to her 1st match at 4 months, Stoke Vs Spurs (bro in law is the stoke physio, and we were visiting them at the time). She was handling it quite well until the referee started giving dubious decisions, at which point the crowd got nice and noisy, and we had to beat a fast retreat as the little one's bottom lip started trembling something rotten. She enjoyed the general hubbub, but just couldn't hack the unexpected noise eruptions.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It has EVERYTHING to do with it. Its about tolerance.

No it's not about tolerance. It's about not taking a baby into a football ground, it's inappropriate and unreasonable. I'm not the only person who thinks that, either, I'm just the only person saying it. It's not unreasonable to not want to sit near a baby at a football match. You can't help who you sit next/near to, it's a lottery and one of the things I genuinely like about football, it unites all people. But a baby? Come on, that's completely different and you shouldn't have to put up with that. Some dribbling moron who wants to see long ball football is completely different to a wailing child, that's the difference.

But you keep generalising, that's fine, it's common opinion aswell.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm pretty certain any parent would take a wailing child out. Have you noticed any wailing children?

There's a very valid reason why not. It's just my opinion, but I don't see the point. Apart from being able to act superior in the future about being at the games as a baby, I really don't see who benefits. The parents will inevitably have to remove the baby at some point or another, missing the game, and the baby themselves won't understand what's going on. If the original starter of this thread thinks it is appropriate, then fair enough, that's his decision to make. I disagree with thinking there's nothing wrong with it, and I disagree with anyone who says they want to be near a baby at a football match.

It's another reason why I like the family stand at Withdean, you know not to sit there if you don't want to be around a lot of kids.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
You can't help who you sit next/near to, it's a lottery

I'd be well pissed off if I ended up next to you, you miserable bastard.

He's not talking about getting the boy a season ticket, he just wants to take him to A game. We took our son when he was 6 weeks old (March 2001 v Hull City, 3-0 (Watson, Melton, Stant)), strapped to me in one of those strappy things that hold babies.

I did it because I wanted to be able to tell him when he was older that he went to his first game when he was really little. He's 10 now and LOVES telling people.

So f*** OFF!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'd be well pissed off if I ended up next to you, you miserable bastard.

He's not talking about getting the boy a season ticket, he just wants to take him to A game. We took our son when he was 6 weeks old (March 2001 v Hull City, 3-0 (Watson, Melton, Stant)), strapped to me in one of those strappy things that hold babies.

I did it because I wanted to be able to tell him when he was older that he went to his first game when he was really little. He's 10 now and LOVES telling people.

So f*** OFF!

:lol: I said in a post "Apart from being able to act all superior in the future about being at games as a baby", and that's a wonderful post to emphasise the point.

I'm not a miserable bastard, it's stupid to make such assumptions based on a thread. I'm not miserable at all, I'm just voicing an opinion on a subject. Kind of seems the point of this forum really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports