Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syrian asylum-seeker with machete kills woman in southern Germany

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Close the borders, because all the leaders have done is drag somebody else's cultural, political and religious problems in to the EU. Europe felt like a safe place, no longer. It is out of control and the more people you drag over the more problems you will create later on down the line.

im not a fan of religion and like everyone else we detest the extremists, but if we have freedom of speech (to a degree) and freedom to worship and promote a religion dont we have to protect these rights even if we find the subject matter perverse.
Anjem Choudary spouted vile religious doctrine for years, but he was allowed to do this because he was promoting his religion and this isnt illegal.

i dont have any answers to the problem.
I do know if 0.1% of Scientologists were committing terrorist attacks in a European campaign their religion would have been shut down and made illegal yesterday

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
German interior minister Joachim Herrmann said the contents of his backpack could have killed many more people as it was stuffed with explosives and riddled with “wood manufacturing equipment”, such as nails and bolts.

Investigators are probing links to terrorist organizations and have not ruled out the possibility the bomber was an Islamic extremist.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
but you are seriously deluded if you believe that sending all the refugees back to Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan will stop IS attacks in Europe.

Its a step in the right direction rather than continually raising the riskto our kith and kin.

My argument is that those who have made the journey to Europe to seek refuge deserve temporary asylum at the very least, and certainly do not deserve to be associated with those whom they are fleeing from.

Well here is my argument. These people are totally unvetted. Declare them invaders amd POWs then repatriate them to countries funding the war, Iran and Saudi Arabia on pain of "nuking them into the dark ages" etc etc.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Guess letting in about 900,000 sex starved men who have an ancient ideology towards the more modern world will mean bad things....Surprised we're not seeing more to be honest.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Guess letting in about 900,000 sex starved men who have an ancient ideology towards the more modern world will mean bad things....Surprised we're not seeing more to be honest.

Give them time. Brexit is looking better by theday.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Interior minister Mr Herrmann said he was "incensed" by the attack which, he continued, demonstrated the need to "strengthen controls on those we have living in our country".

Message for Merkel right there.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Like most on here I see no logic in importing Middle Eastern values, religion and culture into Europe. The problem is that for decades, you were not allowed to say that. Now it's probably too late.

Some of the immigration the West has definitely brought on itself through creating unrest whereby refugees have legitimate cause to move. How many Syrian immigrants came to Europe when Saddam was in power? Selfishly, dictatorships in the Middle East were good for stability.

Not sure if Europe has the vision and fortitude to get out of the mess it finds itself in. Merkel I don't think has a clue what to do.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Like most on here I see no logic in importing Middle Eastern values, religion and culture into Europe. The problem is that for decades, you were not allowed to say that. Now it's probably too late.

Some of the immigration the West has definitely brought on itself through creating unrest whereby refugees have legitimate cause to move. How many Syrian immigrants came to Europe when Saddam was in power? Selfishly, dictatorships in the Middle East were good for stability.

Not sure if Europe has the vision and fortitude to get out of the mess it finds itself in. Merkel I don't think has a clue what to do.
Totally agree...
This is the big issue with Europe as I was thinking that many wanted a western style life and a better life,but it's just bringing the hundreds of years of ancient beliefs in the Middle East to Europe and wider.
Very bad for Europe in the long term

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
im not a fan of religion and like everyone else we detest the extremists, but if we have freedom of speech (to a degree) and freedom to worship and promote a religion dont we have to protect these rights even if we find the subject matter perverse.
Anjem Choudary spouted vile religious doctrine for years, but he was allowed to do this because he was promoting his religion and this isnt illegal.

i dont have any answers to the problem.
I do know if 0.1% of Scientologists were committing terrorist attacks in a European campaign their religion would have been shut down and made illegal yesterday

We don't have complete freedom of speech and nor should we have. Spreading hate or fear is illegal. Unfortunately it seems that existing laws are simply not enforced. Any homophobia, abusive comments about women or undermining of our democratic secular values should be met with the full force of the law. The liberal elite will not do this which is the reason we are where we are. This country spent hundreds of years fighting off the oppression of the Christian church and now within one generation have allowed its replacement to spread unopposed.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You may well be correct in your statistics worldwide, I don't actually know, however............................ In UK jails 95% of the serial killers are non Muslim . In fact they are of white British origin.

No one can defend or condone any of these people's actions; however almost every one has a different underlying reason behind why it has happened. Just look at America. People are systematically going into schools and shooting masses of people.

And your point is ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I accept that Jihadists pose a serious threat but refuse to let that have any affect on my view of Muslims already living Europe or those who seek refuge in the west, the vast majority of whom are seeking to escape despicable terrorist organisations such as Daesh.

Unfortunately, we live in a world in which people do evil things, not just immigrants. It is irrational to associate a few acts of evil with a whole group of people.

The anti-Islamic rhetoric displayed by so many is divisive, and only worsens an already serious issue.
ive said it before , radical Muslims want to behead you, moderate Muslims want radical Muslims to do it for them.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
ive said it before , radical Muslims want to behead you, moderate Muslims want radical Muslims to do it for them.

What do you mean by moderate Muslims? All normal Muslims? Including Muslim doctors, police officers, politicians? Beram Kayal is Muslim... Despite what the S*n might tell you, normal Muslims do not support terrorist organisations, they do not want to see people beheaded.

I will reiterate that Daesh pose the biggest threat to Muslims themselves! 99.9% of the people they have beheaded, or even simply killed are men, women and children in the Middle East.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Ridiculous and stupid statement.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I imagine it is illegal. You can't preach hate, this isn't the US.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What do you mean by moderate Muslims? All normal Muslims? Including Muslim doctors, police officers, politicians? Beram Kayal is Muslim... Despite what the S*n might tell you, normal Muslims do not support terrorist organisations, they do not want to see people beheaded.

I will reiterate that Daesh pose the biggest threat to Muslims themselves! 99.9% of the people they have beheaded, or even simply killed are men, women and children in the Middle East.

So doesn't that just prove then what a shitty ideology it is then that they even kill their own?

If othjer religious ideologies can be attacked openly, so too should Islam.

Except it can't be for some warped reasoning.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Prepare for his volley of replies

hahaha

I can preempt some of them.

Yes, I do have some friends who are muslim.

No, they are not all from this country.

No they don't have a problem with gay people.

Some of them do have jobs where they have to care/protect other people (a couple are teachers, one is a doctor and at least one other is a police officer)

But then I do have to accept that I am dealing with the boards most prestigious authority on London, financial markets, football violence, immigration and politics, so I have no doubt that I'll be accused of making stuff up or that I don't even have any friends etc etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here