Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swansman "vs." Paul Barber

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very odd. Definitely not the concerns I've heard from our fans i.e Monorail from the ground to the clock tower, signing Shane Long etc

But I do hope we don't unite through one users lack of wisdom here. Yes it's stupid what he did but come on everyone, that doesn't excuse us to start being bell-ends and making out that we're on some sort of higher conciseness where if one person cocks up we should then start licking each others nuts.

I've been a knob on here many a times and so have many others. Let's just see this as a bad day at the office for him and show a level of class by ignoring it and letting this thread just slowly float down the board into the land of the Calleri signing.

He could be going through a tough time right now. Mobbing might not be the best response.

Think banning him is the sensible option - will at least prevent him replying to the thread and getting more abuse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I also find the use of "Barber" rather than Paul Barber or Mr Barber slightly disingenuous. It's quite an aggressive was of talking about someone.

While completely ignoring his double barrel 'Out'.

Appalling behaviour.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Armchair Premier League tourist in Sweden who's never been to a game at The Amex emails Paul Barber to say the stewarding is a bit rough.........

We really have hit the big time. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can see PB and his team getting a good Friday afternoon laugh on reading this thread.

Can't fault any of his replies to the questions but I am willing to bet that what he wrote wasn't what he was thinking!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Congratulations Swansman.......you have managed to make the Palarse f***wits that spout their c**p on here seem almost intelligent.
To read a message board and then compose that pile of c**p and send it to CEO and Vice chairman of our club, a club or ground that you have never seen is quite frankly
total buffoonery.
Please go and find another message board that hasnt banned you yet......there is one, www.cpfc.org they would appreciate your superior knowledge

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I just hope Swansman didn't give PB a load of questions based on the Brexit thread, but seriously who emails PB just on the views of others, rather than personal issues/views.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Someone said that Paul Barber generally replies to emails, so I sent him a wall of text that I won't post here as a few here would be offended.

I explained I'm an outsider who has never visited Brighton and thanked him and the club for the good job they're (seemingly) doing, and then I brought up some "commonly mentioned issues" that I've noticed around here. I am a curious person and wanted to try how easy it is to communicate with the club.

Few hours later - response from Barber! I dont know if this is interesting or if theres any perspectives from Barber that could be considered new or unexpected, but here it is - a summarizedversion of my "suggestions" and the responses from Barber.

Many supporters feel that "Ring of Fire" is perhaps not the best pre-match music
Barber: "we review our match day build-up and music choices before every season. It doesn’t just have to work for fans in the stadium, it has to work with our players and coaches’ requirements too, and also fit with strict timings determined by the Premier League and its broadcast partners. I agree that it is time to re-fresh it soon, and I’m sure that will happen in the summer ahead of our 10th anniversary season at the Amex."

Many supporters feel the stewarding is a bit rough and could loosen up a little
Barber: "our stewarding isn’t “harsh” at all. In fact, it is rated as amongst the very best in the Premier League. We will not tolerate any kind of abusive or discriminatory behaviour - and I’m afraid that won’t change. With a very tiny percentage of our fans represented on social media, it’s very mis-leading indeed to use it to judge our stewarding or anything else about the club. I suspect your opinion will be very different after visiting."

Some supporters feel a bit worried about expressing their enthusiasm to the fullest while at the AMEX
Barber:"in excess of 27,000 Brighton fans at the Amex for each home game have plenty of opportunity and freedom to generate a great atmosphere at the stadium, as they have done on many occasions since we opened in 2011. Sometimes that atmosphere comes from the team’s performance, other times it is the atmosphere generated by the fans that inspires the team’s performance. It is always a 2-way street".

The aforementioned sometimes occuring perceptions doesnt matter much now now but if the football side to it starts failing, there could be friction between the club and its fans if stewarding etc. remains harsh, and the risk of a future possible "anti-fan" image could damage the club
Barber: "having won “best fan experience” in the Premier League for each of our first two seasons playing at this level, we are a very long way from a reputation as an “anti-fan club” – to be frank, I have never heard such rubbish! The true “vast majority” of fans are, according to fan surveys – which are completed by many thousands of fans each season and after each home match – are very happy with the club’s stewarding."

Some people - actually maybe only me - feel that while you are a great communicator, occurances of language like "we are proud to treat our fans as customers" is a bit alienating - it is as if your church or your wife would call you "a customer" rather than a believer or husband.
Barber: thank you for your feedback on communication. I’m afraid it’s impossible to please everyone all the time in this job! The vast majority of our fans want to be recognised as “fans” and treated as “customers”. That is how our staff are expected to think - and act. We are a growing football club, a developing business, and a significant community asset. We therefore communicate with multiple stakeholders all the time.

Great to see him reply, I'm guessing that in about 19 of the other PL clubs it would be pretty hard to get any type of thought through answer, especially not after just a few hours.
You have wasted your own time, Barber's time and NSC's time.

Why would you send that crap?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m annoyed that this ****tard has wasted 5 mins of my life by reading the thread.

Oh bollocks. That’s another 1-2 mins wasted writing this reply, so may as well reiterate this point while we’re on the subject: Mr B has publicly used the C word literally 2-3 times back in around 2012-13 when he first joined the club. Who gives a shit anyway? Much rather be treated like a customer than a fan.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Please can we ban this troll?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here