NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Looks like Mr Barber passed the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I think the OP is The Big Red Knob who is the first poster I put on ignore. Definitely on medication or should be.
Who gives a feck what he thinks :moo:

Snap! The BRK is the only one I've put on ignore in, **** me, 17 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strewth - Timmy ( and 1 or 2 others ) are way more offensive than swansman.

Timmy was telling people a game was cancelled - for a joke - and bragged about booting someone off their bike.

Timmy didn't boot a cyclist off his bike.
He swung his manbag into his face, as the cyclist had the audacity to politely ring his bell by way of warning Timmy of his approach.

I believe the fall had traumatic effects on the rider in question.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's not often that something happens on here that leaves me all but speechless, but you've done it.

Who the hell do you think you are?

I'm going to give you some time away from here because, frankly, I think you need it, and also because I'm hoping you find another club to attach yourself to.

Any chance you could do JRG too?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
See post 65.

Thanks. I did start reading through the thread, but I was losing the will to live before I got to post 65.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Timmy didn't boot a cyclist off his bike.
He swung his manbag into his face, as the cyclist had the audacity to politely ring his bell by way of warning Timmy of his approach.

I believe the fall had traumatic effects on the rider in question.

Did it really happen?

I thought many anti-Tim posters at the time smelt lies, that he didn’t have the physical balls to tackle a cyclist and embellished his tale?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Finally, this bellend has been banned. I was tired of his sanctimonious ramblings from his mum’s basement. The kid needs to get out in the real world and live a little. Sad, sad kid.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Did it really happen?

I thought many anti-Tim posters at the time smelt lies, that he didn’t have the physical balls to tackle a cyclist and embellished his tale?
He was the one who boasted about it !

But it may have been fantasy, there have been no corroborating witnesses.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have no idea if Mr Barber looks at NSC, but I assume he does because I would like him to see the replies in this thread.
For what it's worth I think that generally he does a fabulous job and suits the Albion perfectly.
Now I'm going to speak for the majority of Brighton fans.
Sorry Paul, but there is always one.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Technically I'd imagine it's quite difficult to string a sentence together and blow your own trumpet (or someone else's) at the same time.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I couldn't possibly comment but my wife says it depends on your gag reflex.

If you're a professional trumpet blower. Obviously.

She's the expert though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So nice to see so much real love for the great man.

He will be very enchanted.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I usually refrain, these days, from jumping the gun in these instances. From what i’ve read from the OP he strikes me as a rather complex fellow. Sometimes these internet personas are indeed created with the specific aim of irritating people, to garner a reaction - attention seeking. Laughing behind a keyboard in a darkened room at the sheer (in joke) genius of it all. Sometimes however, it’s a more serious ‘cry for help’ from a person with communication issues; perhaps Aspergers or something... in those instances, lies the tragedy of this form of faceless social media. Not that i’m Suggesting this IS the case herein - just wanted to clarify that point.

Reading his opening, it’s strangely strange or oddly normal - almost too normal and mundane to fixate on - in terms of his chosen subject matter(s)

I’m unsure as to the merit of a ban when I strongly suspect an individual to be acting in what they consider to be a normal manner. It’s uncomfortable reading - all of it.

I hope he’s okay to be honest, I really do.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Swansman "vs." Paul Barber

Well firstly, Swansman, I’ve generally enjoyed your posts since you joined. You have good insight on into GPS philosophy, way of thinking and so on.

However this is really, really out of line.

You don’t have the right to represent HERE (the NSC), let alone Brighton supporters in general.

You haven’t followed our club for 5 minutes, and believe you already have the ear of the entire fan base.

1. You haven’t even been to a game

2. The fact you’ve not shown the entire dialogue is suspicious. Why abbreviate the conversation? What exactly did you say at the start?

3. Barber has way more important things to worry about then this inane dribble.

4. You do not have be right to represent the NSC

5. Even if you did, who made you the judge to decide which comments/questions “made the cut”? This enrages me as I and a good many here have recently been praising the long term attitude and the general unconditional support from the Albion faithful. You haven’t represented our views like, at all. And to cap things off you paraphrased our questions to suit your own angle. All this may influence Barbers opinion of the fans. This is borderline criminal.

6. You may have actually damaged the NSCs chances of getting Barber to contribute here.

7. You haven’t even been to a single game...

Only thing that is good about this is that I think Paul Barber had the measure of you fairly quickly, and shot down some of your “gathered opinions” quite assertively, whilst understanding the whole spectrum of the fan base.

I have a bit more respect for PB from that. For you less so.

Re 6, hardly. Mr B will have instantly seen the email to be the colossal crock of shit it was. He just, as CEO, can’t say so and treats all ‘customers’ equally, so afforded the pillock a sensible reply even though he didn’t deserve even 5 seconds of a busy CEO’s attention (in reality he probably asked an underling to ‘knock me up a draft response to this clown, I’m busy trying to sign a £30m striker’ or something)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread on NSC that comes out so universally on the side of the CEO as this one (@PPF excepted, which doesn’t count as he goes to games about as much as [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION])

Edit....reading [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] ‘s post, have we been royally played by an absolute BLINDER from PB ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did it really happen?

No the lie was Timmy's initial post saying words to the effect of 'some maniac cyclist nearly killed my toddler son, fortunately I was there to defend him'.

When quizzed on the story the apparent danger slowly subsided, when his story was finally pieced together it became:-

He and his family were walking in the cycle lane.
The victim of the assault, while still some distance behind, rang his bell.
Timmy took great offense.
Took his manbag from his shoulder.
Took aswing at the victim.
Knocking him to the floor.

Timmy was lucky to not have an assault charge placed against him.

Something that might have ruined his then blossoming political career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here