Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swansman "vs." Paul Barber

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Blimey – what a nutjob!

To be honest, they don't sound very 'Barber-like' answers. I wonder if Swansman 'summarized' the responses as well as the questions? Or maybe he made the whole thing up and he didn't have any contact with the club. Either way – I'm not buying it.

It might be going too far, but – just in case it is a legitimate exchange – is it worth an email to PB to explain the situation and state that the guff Swansman wrote doesn't represent what Albion fans think and feel?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Absolutely incredible. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], can't you just ban this twunt permanently? He is now about as welcome as Tim Hodges.

Ha, I feel that should be a poll. Who's the most unwelcome member of this board? Swansman? Hodges? Perseus? One of the Palace clowns? :)

Swansman is just extraordinary though - he's got some chutzpah, I'll give him that

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely he wouldn't have wasted his time if you hadn't written directly to him? He'd have been able to get on with something a little more important, maybe to do with the January transfer window, sorting out issues at the club, or anything else that was actually pressing...

Yep. basic Physics - Cause & Effect

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Some supporters feel that..."
"Many supporters think that..."

...and all gleaned from the odd post here and there on NSC, which is a tiny, tiny representation of the overall fanbase of BHA.

An inane boxset of rambling questions that nobody (other than the OP) wanted or needed an answer to. Utter drivel, and a complete waste of time for all involved. Its to Barber's credit that he even carried on reading past the first question, but its also mildly depressing that he felt moved to actually bother replying.

Embarrassing.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ok just like I clarified that I'm not speaking for "all" fans, "the" fans, but "some fans", I also need to clarify that I no way - no threats, no black magic, no promises about world peace - forced Paul Barber to answer my email.

If you consider this a waste of time - which in all honesty could be true - then remember I didnt waste it, he did.

So many things I could say in response to this, but you cannot defend your comment about "Many supporters feel the stewarding is a bit rough". My advice, stop digging and accept that you may have misjudged this one.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Indeed, and that is the reason I didnt really have much own perspectives - I collected the "questions" or "opinions" from match going fans who expressed these opinons at this board.

It's none of your f'ing business. Anything I post on here is for NSC only. I don't want you or anyone else representing or misrepresenting what I post to Paul Barber.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I must be out of the loop.

Questions:

Who is "Swansman"?
Why is he here?
What did he get banned for?

Thanks.
A loony.
He's the reason GPott has 24 hour armed guard surveillance.
This isn't a democracy, we live happily in Bozza's world.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Blimey – what a nutjob!

To be honest, they don't sound very 'Barber-like' answers. I wonder if Swansman 'summarized' the responses as well as the questions? Or maybe he made the whole thing up and he didn't have any contact with the club. Either way – I'm not buying it.

It might be going too far, but – just in case it is a legitimate exchange – is it worth an email to PB to explain the situation and state that the guff Swansman wrote doesn't represent what Albion fans think and feel?

Can we all just stop emailing Paul Barber :mad: :smile:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's not often that something happens on here that leaves me all but speechless, but you've done it.

Who the hell do you think you are?

I'm going to give you some time away from here because, frankly, I think you need it, and also because I'm hoping you find another club to attach yourself to.

I'm minded to suggest you email PB to apologise and let him know that S'pillock is not a Brighton fan and speaks for nobody on NSC. Brings us all in to disrepute.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's not often that something happens on here that leaves me all but speechless, but you've done it.

Who the hell do you think you are?

I'm going to give you some time away from here because, frankly, I think you need it, and also because I'm hoping you find another club to attach yourself to.

This is an angry Bozza :wozza:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Very odd. Definitely not the concerns I've heard from our fans i.e Monorail from the ground to the clock tower, signing Shane Long etc

But I do hope we don't unite through one users lack of wisdom here. Yes it's stupid what he did but come on everyone, that doesn't excuse us to start being bell-ends and making out that we're on some sort of higher conciseness where if one person cocks up we should then start licking each others nuts.

I've been a knob on here many a times and so have many others. Let's just see this as a bad day at the office for him and show a level of class by ignoring it and letting this thread just slowly float down the board into the land of the Calleri signing.

He could be going through a tough time right now. Mobbing might not be the best response.

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Your post has made me cringe. How embarrassing.

You seriously took the time to bother Mr. Barber with nonsense like that? Complaining about a feckin song. The stewarding. You make Dougie seem normal. Jesus wept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here