Sussex v Worcestershire the last hope

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Throwing it down here. Unsurprisingly they are off the field, 6 miles away at the Rose Bowl.

Was working in Edinburgh last week next to a banks security department, they suddenly put up Sky News on a big screen due to the atempted robbery, shootings incident.

At the time wondered why Chandlers Ford rang a bell, all just clicked into place. Did it have any impact on you bar people realising where you live i.e hey kept showing a map on the TV.

Had a great afternoon out in Southhampton last week for the end of the cycling tour of britian. Big crowd and a british stage win.

John Hughes is great in the commentary box he sounds so 1930's.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I love Mikey Yardy

Runs 1, balls 13, Fours 0, Sixes 0

Takes forever to do nothing, love it!
consecutive boundaries and a marvellous analysis from the commentary box

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was working in Edinburgh last week next to a banks security department, they suddenly put up Sky News on a big screen due to the atempted robbery, shootings incident.

At the time wondered why Chandlers Ford rang a bell, all just clicked into place. Did it have any impact on you bar people realising where you live i.e hey kept showing a map on the TV.

Yes - it meant I had to go the long way home, as the road was closed for about 24 hours, and also the girl who cut my hair at lunchtime was a bit distracted as she kept stopping to watch herself being interviewed on Sky News on the tellies.

There is a whole thread somewhere, detailing the whole sorry affair!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Leesy has turned into Bob Fleming from the Fast Show

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yes - it meant I had to go the long way home, as the road was closed for about 24 hours, and also the girl who cut my hair at lunchtime was a bit distracted as she kept stopping to watch herself being interviewed on Sky News on the tellies.

There is a whole thread somewhere, detailing the whole sorry affair!

I did see some dodgy local types being interviewed, I'm sure one was probably her. Will check thead to check death toll, sounded all very Hot Fuzz out there.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Lancashire have a bonus point, and were about to get our 1st of the game.
its getting TIGHT at the top.
Durham have 2 points and Hampshire 1

So as it stands

LV County Championship - Division One Table
P W L D Batting Bowling Pts
1 Lancashire 15 5 1 9 39 41 187.0
2 Sussex 15 6 3 6 32 40 180.0
3 Durham 15 6 5 4 35 44 179.5
4 Yorkshire 15 4 4 7 49 37 170.0
5 Hampshire 15 5 3 7 31 40 170.0

Last edited:

another 200 and 1st part of operation championship complete.

Assuming we manage to get the large total we should from this position, is anyone else concerned that we may not be able to bowl them out twice? Nothing we could do about the the injuries and 20/20 call-ups but our bowling looks a bit light to me - or maybe it's is a good opportunity for Liddle and Rayner to step up?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Assuming we manage to get the large total we should from this position, is anyone else concerned that we may not be able to bowl them out twice? Nothing we could do about the the injuries and 20/20 call-ups but our bowling looks a bit light to me - or maybe it's is a good opportunity for Liddle and Rayner to step up?
Liddle and Rayner blatantly aren't ready for championship cricket yet... the only chance is if our one man team can take most of the 20 wickets on his own...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The ball should swing around a bit in this weather so Lewry should get a few wickets, you can't rule out Tucker who is having a decent year with the ball and Mushy will get his ten at least I should fancy. Liddle is good for a couple of wickets and Rayner will get smacked but get a couple. Apart from Hick they don't really have too much batting.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The ball should swing around a bit in this weather so Lewry should get a few wickets, you can't rule out Tucker who is having a decent year with the ball and Mushy will get his ten at least I should fancy. Liddle is good for a couple of wickets and Rayner will get smacked but get a couple. Apart from Hick they don't really have too much batting.

Also having 2 left arm seamers in Lewry and Liddle ought to confuse them a bit, fairly rare in English cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports