Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
playing again

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Back in play after lunch.

140-0

We better improve this session. Because the first 2 hours of play was just a shambles by Sussex

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
But would Prior would want to keep wicket for us and he is not the best keeper at Sussex.

that has got to be a matter of opinion Uncle buck but I believe that you watch a helluva lot more live susex cricket than most so I will go with your view. One point though you would think that Peter Moores being an ex-keeper would also have a valid opinion. If the guy cannot lay claim to be the best keeper for his county why would he be selected to represent his country?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Us to win and Lancs not to. Can't see it happening though

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
that has got to be a matter of opinion Uncle buck but I believe that you watch a helluva lot more live susex cricket than most so I will go with your view. One point though you would think that Peter Moores being an ex-keeper would also have a valid opinion. If the guy cannot lay claim to be the best keeper for his county why would he be selected to represent his country?

Because of his destructive batting at county level which seems to have been more important to the selectors in recent times than glovesmanship, otherwise Read would have been in the side for years by now.

Hodd is the better keeper at Sussex but Prior is better with that bat, though Hodd is fast improving and might even challenge for the England gloves himself one day.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Well I do not think England have selected the best wicket keeper in the country, as that is generally agreed on being Chris Reed.

The problem is England are trying to replicate what Australia have with Gilchrist, a wicket keeper who can bat and take the game away from the opposition. The issue is we have nobody that is that good, so we end up with guys that can bat okish and keep okish, but when the batting fails, their keeping gets picked up on. This has happened with both Prior and Jones.

The keeper at Worcs is meant to be very good, so we shall see, but it might become less of an issue if Rashid continues his progress and Flintoff stays fit, as these 2 could come in at 6 and 7 for England, with the keeper coming in at 8 or even 9 if Broad's batting improves.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Monty Gone...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
worse news from the Oval... Butcher out and Slurrey's underbelly exposed

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Shame was out their this morning, both Monty and Nash looking good, lets hope all the team can play as well as the openers.

If your going out to Hove its chilly take a blanket. Commentary saying the bails keep blowing off...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Good start, the bowling was not great this morning, Jones got belted around the ground in his first over. Lets hope Yardy and Nash can keep building a big score, so Adams finger can get better.

John Less about to start commentating. Never though I'd be egging on Slurry.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
John Lees about to start commentating.
:thumbsup: nice anecdote about the Worcester team photo... and nice confusion with the BBC H & W man chatting on his phone (Nokia ringtone) getting Leesy back for earlier on...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Throwing it down here. Unsurprisingly they are off the field, 6 miles away at the Rose Bowl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports