Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am a Somerset fan at cricket due to where I grew up. One of my best mates is a spurs fan who laughed his head off after the var game. He is also an Essex fan. We have just had a catch given against us that was worse than any var call in the spurs match.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am a Somerset fan at cricket due to where I grew up. One of my best mates is a spurs fan who laughed his head off after the var game. He is also an Essex fan. We have just had a catch given against us that was worse than any var call in the spurs match.

Cricketers who routinely try and cheat (including all modern professionals) have to take the rough with the smooth.

Zero sympathy.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Cricketers who routinely try and cheat (including all modern professionals) have to take the rough with the smooth.

Zero sympathy.
Ah. I see Overton still makes some people angry. Not sure when he has cheated rather than said something bad. Sadly it is a situation like this where people decide to comment on the people or club involved rather than the incident which is why things are not done. It is similar to when people don’t criticise var as much when they don’t mind the decision.

Shame.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Zero sympathy.
I think there's room for a bit of nuance between (for example) accepting the umpire's decision on a caught behind, and being disappointed when the ball appears to have bounced about 6" in front of the fielder.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Poor Jake Libby ( :lolol: )

It must have been a difficult night's sleep on 198, only to fall to the 4th ball of the morning without adding to his score.

410ao. Sussex 62 behind.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex website say that they are having technical difficulties with the live stream this morning and they are trying to fix it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ah. I see Overton still makes some people angry. Not sure when he has cheated rather than said something bad. Sadly it is a situation like this where people decide to comment on the people or club involved rather than the incident which is why things are not done. It is similar to when people don’t criticise var as much when they don’t mind the decision.

Shame.
Wow! I was paying no attention at all to the individuals involved in this case and care nothing about Overton.

My point is a philosophical/ethical one about living and dying by the same sword. Those fielders dancing and whooping around in a deceitful attempt to get a wrong decision from the umpire cannot possibly complain when something similar inevitably goes against them.

There are decisions in cricket where the game would be better at all levels if players - who usually know best what has happened - still helped umpires to get to the right decision (e.g. bump balls, close to ground catches, thin edges, boundary rope transgressions, etc).

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Should be a good batting wicket today, no excuse for our usual 2nd innings collapse.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
110/0 at lunch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here