Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm going next Friday for the Hampshire game. Right lads, you've got a week to get your act together ... :eek:

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Shame Evans rarely did anything like that in a Sussex shirt

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does anyone know a website which has the current season’s averages for our players please?
The Cricketer has got some general averages

I tend to use Cricinfo for all things stats. But can't find where they are on there.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a complete shit show. Heads need to roll especially the rugby idiot who has stolen a living from this county.

About time instead of just grabbing their scorecards and strolling out theirs true booing and a few angry jeers towards this shocking village team.

This has to be the lowest talent ever in my lifetime at Sussex CCC and there's no excuse as the club has plenty of money.

Andrews you're killing the county club f*** off now..

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What a complete shit show. Heads need to roll especially the rugby idiot who has stolen a living from this county.

About time instead of just grabbing their scorecards and strolling out theirs true booing and a few angry jeers towards this shocking village team.

This has to be the lowest talent ever in my lifetime at Sussex CCC and there's no excuse as the club has plenty of money.

Andrews you're killing the county club f*** off now..
You must have been so traumatised by the late 80s team that you forgot that period.

1987-89 Championship 8 wins in 68 mataches
1987-89 Sunday League 16th, 16th, 12th
One quarter final appearance in the one day trophies.

Mid 90s was pretty rank too.

I think we are all a bit blinded by the glory years of the noughties- when the club had money to play with.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This bowling attack doesn’t have the skill, simply put. They aren’t very good. This could easily be a record defeat you know
Prescient.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You must have been so traumatised by the late 80s team that you forgot that period.

1987-89 Championship 8 wins in 68 mataches
1987-89 Sunday League 16th, 16th, 12th
One quarter final appearance in the one day trophies.

Mid 90s was pretty rank too.

I think we are all a bit blinded by the glory years of the noughties- when the club had money to play with.
The club has got plenty of money to play with .

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The club has got plenty of money to play with .
The club made an operating profit of about £500k last year. Which is very good for a small county. A lot of this looks like it's on the back of investments and developments. It's good to see that the balance sheet is healthy, although without the Spen legacy they would have been in bother.

It seems that they are trying to safeguard the future of the club.

Not being a member at present, I wouldn't comment on anything else as it's a bit hypocritical. I certainly wouldn't make blind accusations either.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Prescient.
It felt like one of “those” football or MMA/boxing matches, where demeanour and body language is so telling across the board from the first moments that you can tell it’s going to be a real battering. Sad it came true, but my word we were shocking.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
155-6

I see they've signed Henry Shipley for a couple of months. White ball player really, but handy bowler and good in the lower order.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I saw Paul Barber at the cricket today. Would not have been impressed that I had my lunch including a bottle of wine and 2 glasses in my hamper. A cork not bottle top

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here