Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
There is some truth in that. Hampshire are always seen as the rivals when it comes to pairings Sussex-Hampshire, Surrey-Middlesex, Kent-Essex.

But I think all those counties love a victory over Surrey.

Some see Kent as the rivals, but cricket is not given to hardcore rivalries anyway. Well, Yorkshire & Lancashire excepted.
Surrey are our palace.
Always have been.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Surrey are our palace.
Always have been.
Nobody likes Surrey.
In the centre of hell, sits the devil, munching on Palace, Surrey and Hampshire. The Unholy Trinity.
I've always got on well with the Kent fans I've met over the years, they all seem to agree that Hampshire and Surrey are bellends while Sussex/Kent are alright.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Still blown away by yesterday.
Without khan and McAndrew, and Haines and Rawlins…
Playing against win-hungry international-packed monopolisers Surrey and their “total cricket” team (the smug tw*ts to come up with that).
At The Oval.
I’m trying to think of another Sussex win that compares.
In another time, this would have got a lot more press attention.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Playing against win-hungry international-packed monopolisers Surrey and their “total cricket” team (the smug tw*ts to come up with that).
At The Oval.
Well said. It was an extraordinary win. One things for sure Ravi is on fire this summer.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
At The Oval.
Has your opinion of Burgess changed?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Feel good factor back at Sussex.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer but lots of positives these first few weeks of the season.

Farbrace a breath of fresh air.

James Cole’s looks a special talent.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Has your opinion of Burgess changed?
Fair question ! The pacing, control and range of shots he showed yesterday was really impressive. Altogether different to Friday when he was all at sea.
Still think he’s an average keeper and Alsop is an underrated keeper. If Alsop keeps we can bring in an extra bat like Ward (decent player ) which we need. But of course if burgess plays like that, he himself is the extra batting firepower.
I think Clark needs dropping - maybe push burgess up the order to open? Plenty of options - Coles, Ward or a maverick like Garton Perhaps.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Fair question ! The pacing, control and range of shots he showed yesterday was really impressive. Altogether different to Friday when he was all at sea.
Still think he’s an average keeper and Alsop is an underrated keeper. If Alsop keeps we can bring in an extra bat like Ward (decent player ) which we need. But of course if burgess plays like that, he himself is the extra batting firepower.
I think Clark needs dropping - maybe push burgess up the order to open? Plenty of options - Coles, Ward or a maverick like Garton Perhaps.

He has looked crap from what I have seen.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's Harmer Time.

...gets coat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here